The Opening Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on twitter

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
You'd have to be stupid to think that Mother actually jumped out of the helicopter. She was pushed.
Prince Charles has an account on twitter?:eek:
Queen jumped, ha ha ha...it was just a trick.

If I were to go to my boss and say to him that I needed Wednesday off to go and see an Olympic sport, he would have no problem with it, as long as there was sufficient cover in our office. I think most employers can be flexible, particularly at an historic time that we may not see again.

It's disappointing, but not surprising, that the accredited officials and members of the 'Olympic family' have chosen to not turn up to many of the events, despite being given the best seats in the house.

I have no issue with the flame being inside the stadium. The press are looking for problems to report, because 'Everything going according to plan' is not an interesting headline. The predictions of carnage on the transport system this morning as people went back to work, for example, were wide of the mark.

Last edited:
I love the openning of the cerremonies! I think it was faboulous and my husband said: "Proud to be British" and i love the Queen with 007, reallly cool!

Saw a great comment yesterday about the opening ceremony and lighting the cauldron - very British humour.

"The Queen should have lit it as she was the only one who is Corgi registered."

I simply can't imagine not preserving the cauldron. We have a fund where people donate to maintain the 1996 cauldron, because it was the Centennial Olympics. I just can't imagine that the London cauldron won't be in the Olympic park.

on twitter

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
You'd have to be stupid to think that Mother actually jumped out of the helicopter. She was pushed.
The Prince tweets. :D That was a great line;)

Happy to hear that SM had nothing to do with Team GB uniforms. That means that she is still batting 1000 in my book.

I simply can't imagine not preserving the cauldron. We have a fund where people donate to maintain the 1996 cauldron, because it was the Centennial Olympics. I just can't imagine that the London cauldron won't be in the Olympic park.

This cauldron though will be broken down and each county will be able to keep its own piece of it - something different.

Not everyone has to do the games the same way and I like the fact that the British Olympics will have some sort of reminder in every country that competed for them to display and inspire their own youth - which is the theme of the games anyway - inspiring youth.

UH. Did someone see the Salvatore Ferragamo-designed Opening Ceremony outfits for the San Marino athletes? I WANT.

Back
Top Bottom