The Closing Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right we have hit rock bottom.

It's fun but I've been completely and officially lost since Annie Lennox bit.

More than just sing, he does it without a microphone! :D
The depths of his talents don't cease to amaze me. :D

Elly C said:
Right we have hit rock bottom.

Not yet. Spice Girls will be rock bottom.
Leather bras and scantily glad ladies, obviously British. Must have missed that history lesson.

Brand was def lypsyncing. I do wish they would actually sing though

Fatboy Slim performing ‘Right Here, Right Now’ and ‘The Rockafeller Skank'.

Jessie J singing "Money".

Jessie J looking like a burlesque dancer.
Doesn't she always?
At least, it looks as though she's actually singing - not miming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jessie J looking like a burlesque dancer. Chatting about money and riding in a rolls I believe.

Empress Merel said:
It's an improvement from her usual get-up. :D

It's not. I would prefer bright leggings and trainers to her looking like 'that'. She reminds me of a less elegant Dita VT.

I think she looks good, actually.

I'm noticing that the athletes are so penned in that they're not able to party and dance to the music - which kind of defeats the purpose

Fabulous stadium lighting!

Guys, sometimes it's pointless trying to analyse every single detail. It is what it is, it's not meant to be analysed, it's meant to be enjoyed. It's a celebration of British music and some aspects of British culture. No one will identify with 100% of it, but enjoy what you can. It's a one off and it's special.

Frankie says Relax!
and enjoy :)

Elly C said:
I'm noticing that the athletes are so penned in that they're not able to party and dance to the music - which kind of defeats the purpose

Same although there seems 'less' of them from the opening ceremony.

Props to Jessie for not lip singing.

ok - i get it .... its a party for the athletes. if you go with that.... it works.

btw - all the acts are lip synched. they said there was no time after the final events to wire the sound for the closing ceremonies - those holding microphones are just props.

cant wait to see how NBC edits this tonight.

Fabulous stadium lighting!

Guys, sometimes it's pointless trying to analyse every single detail. It is what it is, it's not meant to be analysed, it's meant to be enjoyed. It's a celebration of British music and some aspects of British culture. No one will identify with 100% of it, but enjoy what you can. It's a one off and it's special.

Frankie says Relax!
and enjoy :)

Oh, I quite agree. But most of the things do have significance and those of us who are abroad want to make sure we don't miss it. At least, that's why I ask all those questions - not to criticise, to understand. :)

Jessie J, Tinie Tempah and Taio Cruz performing the Bee Gees’ disco hit "You Should Be Dancing".

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile a dignified old lady in Balmoral is quite relieved to not be here...

Oh Warren, we're enjoying ourselves. (I'm seriously worried that Cliff Richard might put on an appearance.)

do all 200 countries who participated receive this on tv? it must be a culture shock for some

Same although there seems 'less' of them from the opening ceremony.

there always are less at closing, particularly athletes who finished in the first week often don't stay for closing ceremony...

that said.. it's about time for some 'heavier' music :) gimme some guitars, guys...

Not all. First time round Jessie was not lip singing, she stopped singing and there was nothing in the background.

This would be the Spice Girls I believe from rehearsal they're standing on black abs.

The athletes aren't 'penned in'. They're essentially in mosh pits and have done what everyone in a mosh pit does - crowded up to the front. There's more room at the back of each segment if they want it.

Too many of the athletes are too busy trying to record their own videos and take pictures of the whole thing, instead of just enjoying it.

do all 200 countries who participated receive this on tv? it must be a culture shock for some
Well, we do. Although I prefer watching BBC's coverage online.
My parents and sister are definitely struggling - and my sister lived in Britain for 4 years (studying at Cambridge).

Great stuff!
Spices are here. They may be good. :)

Will Victoria give us a smile?

Last edited:
Spice Girls singing Wannabe.

Back
Top Bottom