The Closing Ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I don't mean to sound negative, but what's with the catwalk?
I understand the fashion reference, but it's London Olympics, not London Fashion Week.

This is interesting. Oh that's why. It's Lennox time.

This looks bloody awesome!
Annie Lennox - who else could arrive in such a spectacular manner? No wings this time though?

She's abroad the ghost galleon, performs ‘Little Bird’.

I'm not getting this at all

I understand the fashion reference, but it's London Olympics, not London Fashion Week.

Naomi Campbell isn't exactly a good example of a peaceful and better world given her past record :whistling:

This looks bloody awesome!
Annie Lennox - who else could arrive in such a spectacular manner? No wings this time though?

She's abroad the ghost galleon, performs ‘Little Bird’.

Love Annie Lennox!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all in the title. Imagine. I'm one of the most closed minded people and even I get the point. It's hippy, but so what? It's meant to be, only they could come up with the lyrics you describe but it makes sense.

Yes, I get all that. My problem with it is that it's all totally meaningless. Not to mention completely hypocritical. John Lennon sang about having no possessions and yet still travelled in private jets and left millions to his wife and family. Lennon obviously didn't like to practice what he preached, which is typical of people of his ilk - do as I say, not as I do.

Baron Pierre de Coubertin founded the IOC. As such, France is always the first language spoken no matter what country hosts the games.

Elly C said:
I'm not getting this at all

A British Symphony of Music aka a concert for the athletes in my opinion. It bears nothing on the Olympics and they could have chosen much better singers.

The models were a bad touch.

At least Lennox's is a bit better that her last gig during the Jubilee concert...

Empress Merel said:
But one of hell of a powerwoman and her success is all her own.

And that has nothing to do with the Olympics.

Well if its about celebrating London and the Best of British the capital is rather well known for fashion so it does make sense.

British fashion is part of British culture, why on earth wouldn't we celebrate it?

Much as I like Ed Sheeran, this is just too downbeat for the occasion.

EIIR said:
Yes, I get all that. My problem with it is that it's all totally meaningless. Not to mention completely hypocritical. John Lennon sang about having no possessions and yet still travelled in private jets and left millions to his wife and family. Lennon obviously didn't like to practice what he preached, which is typical of people of his ilk - do as I say, not as I do.

People sing stuff like that all the time, everyone is a hypocrite. It's not a meaningless song, it means something to a lot of people.

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
One sincerely hopes whoever is in charge of the sound is enjoying their night off

Love Ed Sheeran. :)
He's performing Pink Floyd’s "Wish you were here" along with Nick Mason - drummer with Pink Floyd.

And that has nothing to do with the Olympics.
It's within the theme of British Glory though. The pictures were all from Vogue UK, their last issue which had the Olympics and British Glory as it's theme.

NGalitzine said:
Well if its about celebrating London and the Best of British the capital is rather well known for fashion so it does make sense.

This part is titled British Symphony of Music, with the subtitle to celebrate British music and then a list of artists. Fashion, fashion week etc has nothing to do with the Olympics. They're getting ahead of themselves showing things they think make the country look good, and in the normal setting yes but here IMO it's out of place.

Tightrope walking always make me nervous.
Hope there are safety wires - although knowing Britain's obsession with H&S, I don't doubt it.

Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
One was totally unaware that Prince Harry could sing. Or play the guitar

Okay so it's celebrating British music, so why the fashion bit ? And I don't get what Annie Lennox was doing on the ship.

Russell Brand, singing, why?

Elly C said:
Okay so it's celebrating British music, so why the fashion bit ? And I don't get what Annie Lennox was doing on the ship.

She was singing to Count Dracula something, the ship had some meaning.

Russell Brand. :D
He can sing?

Anyway, he's singing (or miming) "Pure Imagination" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Now, it's "I'm the Walrus" by the Beatles.

Last edited:
russell brand, willy wonka and the walrus - so confused.

Back
Top Bottom