The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events > 2012 London Olympics

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness

the good thing is that there are plenty of cable channels that carry other events, so it's relatively easy to find other events.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
the good thing is that there are plenty of cable channels that carry other events, so it's relatively easy to find other events.
Wouldn't it be nice if someone started up an Olympics Channel dedicated to showing all events live? With the games being held every 2 years there probably would be enough trials and such to cover between the actual games. All times would be OST. Olympic Standard Time.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I bet the American coverage is all swimming and gymnastics!

Just once it would be nice if they showed the equestrian events or something like that.
But probably it'll be business as usual.

(At least they probably won't show as much of the soccer as other countries will).
Yeah, it seems the coverage on NBC will mainly focus on swimming, volleyball, track and gymnastics. But, it looks like MSNBC will be covering some of the other events (like equestrian, hockey, wrestling, soccer and water polo).
Old 07-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I bet the American coverage is all swimming and gymnastics!

Just once it would be nice if they showed the equestrian events or something like that.
But probably it'll be business as usual.

(At least they probably won't show as much of the soccer as other countries will).
Check your tv provider's on-air schedule. I know ours has several channels that will be dedicated to Olympics coverage, including the "orphan" sports.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Princess Anne watches the welcoming ceremony for Team GB in the Olympic Village in London July 24, 2012.
Daylife.com picture gallery
Old 07-24-2012, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

LOVE her sunglasses; they are really cool.
Great necklace too - and spot on, considering the occasion. I wonder whether it was a gift or Anne bought it herself.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:16 PM

Love her necklace! She's such a classy lady.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Anne can certainly rock the sporty look.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi

Wouldn't it be nice if someone started up an Olympics Channel dedicated to showing all events live?
I found this by accident on my sky box (I was trying to remember the music channel) and I stumbled across 30 BBC channels dedicated to the Olympics. THIRTY?! Right now they aren't showing anything but I imagine they'll start tomorrow.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I found this by accident on my sky box (I was trying to remember the music channel) and I stumbled across 30 BBC channels dedicated to the Olympics. THIRTY?! Right now they aren't showing anything but I imagine they'll start tomorrow.
Wow! How cool is that?

Tonight I think I'm going to wade through all the channels we get here and see if I can find something similar. As far as I can tell, we only get BBC America and I really don't see them doing anything with the games yet at all.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm still trying to sort through all this but I think I'll be around for most of the events though there is no way I'll be able to pull off the really early ones.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Osipi, if you have a reliable high-speed internet connection you should be able to watch just about any of the events you want. I'll PM you a few sites worth bookmarking via which you should be able to watch the BBC's coverage, among other broadcasters, if that's what you'd prefer.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Osipi, if you have a reliable high-speed internet connection you should be able to watch just about any of the events you want. I'll PM you a few sites worth bookmarking via which you should be able to watch the BBC's coverage, among other broadcasters, if that's what you'd prefer.
Thanks! I'd really appreciate that.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
EIIR, if you could PM the links to me as well, I'd really appreciate it.
Our channels usually show just the events we take part in - and there aren't too many of those.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

I agree Mirabel...I would LOVE to see Equestrian events...fat chance of them showing more than a few min of it.

LaRae
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
LOVE her sunglasses; they are really cool.
Great necklace too - and spot on, considering the occasion. I wonder whether it was a gift or Anne bought it herself.
I really like the necklace. Goes wonderfully with the whole look.

Quote:
Could you PM the links to me as well! I'd really appreciate it .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik.ru --- European monarchs in the Buckingham Palace
Old 07-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Heir Apparent

This should work...this site has tons of channels which you guys can stream Olympic events
TVPC.com. Watch and Chat Live. Create your own live broadcast channel

Also on Thursday the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will welcome the Olympic torch to BP at 6:35pm (1:35pm EDT/10:35am PDT)
Old 07-25-2012, 03:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

RICHARD KAY: Mark Phillips faces loyalty dilemma over daughter Zara's Olympic dream
dailymail.co.uk article
Old 07-25-2012, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Upcoming events

Quote:
Friday 27th July 2012
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a reception at Buckingham Palace, hosted by The Queen, with other Members of the Royal Family for Heads of State and Government attending the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, the Olympic Park,

Saturday 28th July 2012
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet organisers and supporters and watch the start of the London 2012 Olympics Men’s Cycling Road Race, The Mall, London.
The Prince of Wales will meet players, supporters and volunteers and watch London 2012 Olympics Badminton games at Wembley Arena, London.

Closed Thread