The British Royal Family & the 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to sort through all this but I think I'll be around for most of the events though there is no way I'll be able to pull off the really early ones.

Osipi, if you have a reliable high-speed internet connection you should be able to watch just about any of the events you want. I'll PM you a few sites worth bookmarking via which you should be able to watch the BBC's coverage, among other broadcasters, if that's what you'd prefer.

Osipi, if you have a reliable high-speed internet connection you should be able to watch just about any of the events you want. I'll PM you a few sites worth bookmarking via which you should be able to watch the BBC's coverage, among other broadcasters, if that's what you'd prefer.

Thanks! I'd really appreciate that. :flowers:

EIIR, if you could PM the links to me as well, I'd really appreciate it. :)
Our channels usually show just the events we take part in - and there aren't too many of those.

I agree Mirabel...I would LOVE to see Equestrian events...fat chance of them showing more than a few min of it.

LaRae

LOVE her sunglasses; they are really cool.
Great necklace too - and spot on, considering the occasion. I wonder whether it was a gift or Anne bought it herself.

I really like the necklace. Goes wonderfully with the whole look.

Could you PM the links to me as well! I'd really appreciate it :flowers:.

Upcoming events

Friday 27th July 2012
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a reception at Buckingham Palace, hosted by The Queen, with other Members of the Royal Family for Heads of State and Government attending the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games, the Olympic Park,

Saturday 28th July 2012
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will meet organisers and supporters and watch the start of the London 2012 Olympics Men’s Cycling Road Race, The Mall, London.
The Prince of Wales will meet players, supporters and volunteers and watch London 2012 Olympics Badminton games at Wembley Arena, London.

Could you send me the same please and thank you :flowers:

Some info bout today
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter William, Kate + Harry will greet the Olympic Torch at Buckingham Palace today - the penultimate day of the relay. #royal #London2012
Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter
The Torch will be carried to and from Buckingham Palace by 3 bearers. Each a volunteer from charities whose patrons are the royal trio.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will welcome the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace later. Iconic moment for London 2012.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal #William, #Kate and #princeharry will later return to Buckingham Palace to welcome #Olympic torch - stage 69 of 70.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal #royal 3 people representing a charity linked to each of three royal #Olympic Ambassadors (#William, #Kate and #Harry) will carry the flame
I am guessing BBC will air the torch's arrival to BP here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay

Last edited by a moderator:
The article below has a detailed program of today with timings for those interested in attending.

London 2012: Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to greet Olympic Torch at Buckingham Palace

...The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will view the Flame when it gets to Buckingham Palace at roughly 6.33pm...

Article

:previous:
'Roughly 6:33pm'? Couldn't they be more specific? What are we saying, 6:33:15? Or 6:33:45? ;)

(I'm being sarcastic, unless it's not obvious).

British Royals@britishroyals
Seems like the royals will take on a specialty sport: William with football,Kate with table tennis & judo, Harry with basketball

Wonder why Kate isn't taking on field hockey.

Hope my favorite basketball coach, the US coach whom I've actually met, gets to meet Harry. :)

Wonder why Kate isn't taking on field hockey.

Hope my favorite basketball coach, the US coach whom I've actually met, gets to meet Harry. :)

This is a special event about training young people to be coaches. Perhaps field hockey isn't being done here. But she is watching the field hockey at the Olympics

'Roughly 6:33pm'? Couldn't they be more specific? What are we saying, 6:33:15? Or 6:33:45? ;)

that is too funny! Of course if they had left out the word "roughly" it wouldn't have been nearly as amusing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

LOL- That is funny.:D

:D :lol: That was my reaction too.

This is a special event about training young people to be coaches. Perhaps field hockey isn't being done here. But she is watching the field hockey at the Olympics

Thank you, cepe!

Are Will, Kate, and Harry going to teach young people how to be coaches or are they royal patrons, for lack of better words, for these sports in this endeavor?

Thank you, cepe!

Are Will, Kate, and Harry going to teach young people how to be coaches or are they royal patrons, for lack of better words, for these sports in this endeavor?

You're welcome. They are patrons through their foundation. There is a lot about it on the BRF Current events thread (sorry dont know how to do shortcut) :flowers:

So since twitter is down I can't do my updates so just watch it all unfold live here BBC - Olympic Torch Relay - Live Relay

If twitter comes back up before then I'll do my updates

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Prince William and Kate about to welcome the Olympic torch to Buckingham Palace
any min now

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Buckingham Palace bathed in sunshine as large crowds gather to watch the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge & Prince Harry greet the Olympic flame

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Three of William and Kate's charities have nominated someone to carry the Olympic Flame. The royals will meet them after

Ironically twitter is down because of the Olympics.

The torch has just entered BP. They are all wearing Team GB outfits.

Last edited:
William, Kate and Harry just welcomed the torch at Buckingham Palace.
All three are wearing their Team GB shirts.

- Picture

Last edited:
That was great I loved that they were wearing Olympic shirts. Can't wait for some pics to be released

British Royals ‏@britishroyals Olympic flame just passed Buckingham Palace. William, Kate, Harry there in Team GB outfits.Spotted Edward, Sophie & the kids too #london2012
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes Cute Viscount Severn very enthusiastic with his Union Flag on the forecourt of BP as he watched the Olympic flame arrive with mum Sophie!

Video up!: Royals greet Torchbearer as flame arrives at Buckingham Palace | ITV News

pro photo: Press Association Images

https://twitter.com/MaxFosterCNN

Just seen the live pictures on the ITV news of the torch at Buckingham Palace and the Countess of Wessex plus Lady Louise and Viscount Severn were also in the crowds inside the palace forecourt waving at the torch bearer.

I think Will & Harry purposely picked different color shirts and pants so they wouldnt have 2 matchy photo ops in 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom