The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Heir Apparent

The first time I see Zara Phillips , Amazing job of her.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
She looked like she was crying, both on the way in and on the way out :( :( :(
I think she was on the way out, the commentators said that she made a slight mistake in the first round or something (I know nothing about riding or what things are called in riding, so) and that it bummed her out a bit because she's very perfectionistic. Nathalie has no reason to be sad though, she was riding so beautifully - as she always does.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Saudi's King's grandson is participating in the Jumping event, Hrh Prince Abdullah Bin Mitab Al Saud. He completed his first round ranking #1 with a few others. He is actually a really good rider, he also competed in Beijing 2008.

LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 04: Hrh Prince Abdullah Al Saud of Saudi Arabia riding Davos competes in the 1st Qualifier of Individual Jumping on Day 8 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at Greenwich Park on August 4, 2012 in London, England.

Photo from Getty Images
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Abdullah Al Saud was part of the Saudi Arabia Team that won bronze today in Team Jumping.
In Round One, he was among the best with no penalty points (in fact, after Round 1, Saudi Arabia was in lead with only 1 penalty point in total).
The Prince was the best in his team in the Second Round, with only 4 penalty points (only three jumpers showed better results - a Brit and two Dutch jumpers).

Huge congratulations to Prince Abdullah and his team-mates - Abdullah Waleed Sharbatly, Ramzy Al Duhami, Kamal Bahamdan.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Prince Abdullah Al Saud was part of the Saudi Arabia Team that won bronze today in Team Jumping.
In Round One, he was among the best with no penalty points (in fact, after Round 1, Saudi Arabia was in lead with only 1 penalty point in total).
The Prince was the best in his team in the Second Round, with only 4 penalty points (only three jumpers showed better results - a Brit and two Dutch jumpers).

Huge congratulations to Prince Abdullah and his team-mates - Abdullah Waleed Sharbatly, Ramzy Al Duhami, Kamal Bahamdan.
Congratulations to the team!

Saudi Arabia's Prince Abdullah august 6, 2012 - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Princess Nathalie is competing today. She is due to start in a couple of minutes' time. Right now, things aren't looking too good for Team Denmark though (based on performance of Danish athletes who have already performed).
Old 08-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

She is in the ring now. She did well and at least for the moment moved Denmark into 3rd place as a team.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Well, Princess Nathalie put a really good performance; in fact, she was the best in Danish team with personal score of 75.857 which earned her 9th spot (her team-mates were respectively 16th and 21st). Her performance helped Denmark to climb to third position (from 5th). Unfortunately for Danish supporters, that didn't last long because the Netherlands clinched bronze.

Still, really well done!

Final ranking in Team Dressage:
1. Britain (the country's first victory in the discipline, incidentally)
2. Germany
3. The Netherlands

4. Denmark
5. Sweden
6. United States
7. Spain
Old 08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

On a positive note, Princess Nathalie's pretty high score allows her to qualify for Individual Dressage (which will take place on August 9).
Hopefully, she will have more luck there.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

Aw, too bad we missed the bronze, but Nathalie's performance was unbelievably beautiful and graceful, she's such a great rider.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I feel bad for Nathalie but I'm glad she can compete for an individual medal.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I actually think there is no need to feel bad for her; Nathalie performed very well (the best of her team), earned great marks and the right to fight for an individual. If anything, that's an achievement one should be congratulated with.

I happen to strongly believe in the words from London 1948 Olympic Games: "The important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part. The Essential thing in Life is not conquering but fighting well." Nathalie fought well, and she took part in an event that many of us can only dream of competing in.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I actually think there is no need to feel bad for her; Nathalie performed very well (the best of her team), earned great marks and the right to fight for an individual. If anything, that's an achievement one should be congratulated with.

I happen to strongly believe in the words from London 1948 Olympic Games: "The important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part. The Essential thing in Life is not conquering but fighting well." Nathalie fought well, and she took part in an event that many of us can only dream of competing in.
that's a beautiful quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree to a point, but if your team is good enough to possibly medal and you don't it's got to be a disappointment. It's about performing to your potential when it counts. Also, for me when a team does well it's a boon for more than just the athelete competing, especially for countries that don't have huge sport programs like China, U.S., Russia and Great Britain..not that Denmark has a tiny program. Either way I'm glad that Nathalie performed well.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I understand what you are saying but when you are competing as part of a team, there is only so much you can do. Nathalie did her best.
Now, in individual dressage she will, hopefully, put another great performance and fight for a medal or Top 5 finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
that's a beautiful quote
For me, that quote always symbolised Olympic Games - or any sport, for that matter.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I understand what you are saying but when you are competing as part of a team, there is only so much you can do. Nathalie did her best.
Now, in individual dressage she will, hopefully, put another great performance and fight for a medal or Top 5 finish.

For me, that quote always symbolised Olympic Games - or any sport, for that matter.
Yes, I agree with you that you can only contribute your portion. And I do love that quote.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Gentry

Saudi Arabia came in second to the UK in the Equestrian showjumping in the Olympics. I watched Prince Abdullah al Saud ride and wow is he good!

Saudi Arabia wins Olympic bronze in equestrian show jumping
Old 08-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Nathalie won't be competing for a medal, that's certain. They made too many technical mistakes and Digby misses the It-factor. His piaffe's and passage's (whatever you call them in English) are excellent but then you have his trot and it's all very average. It's a goodlooking horse though, a nice kur and combination to watch but not a contender for the medals.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

On a more superficial note, the music she picked was pretty awful too.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Serene Highness

It's not my cup of tea, but it fits Digby. More playful, that horse is not meant for heavy, classical music.