Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
LondonOlympicslogos.jpg

a%20crown.gif
. . . . . . . . . . . .
a%20crown.gif
. . . . . . . . . . . .
a%20crown.gif

Royals Who Are Attending
the 2012 London Olympics

~ All Royals ~

"The Gotha at the Games"

:crown5: . . . . . . . . . . . . :crown5: . . . . . . . . . . . . :crown5:

Last edited:
A bit OT but I wonder how many events HM will actually attend during the Games. I can see her showing up to support granddaughter Zara but beyond that I would not be surprised if she pretty much left the Games to the younger generation and spent her own time quietly at Windsor. The Games will be officially closed by the President of the IOC so there is no real need for her to be there even for that. Brooch watchers may end up being disappointed.

:previous:
So far, it has been confirmed the Queen will attend only three Olympics-related events:
- A reception for Heads of State and Government attending the Opening Ceremony at Buckingham Palace, on 27 July.
- Opening of the XXX Olympic Games on 27 July.
- Visit to the Olympic Park on 28 July.

The Duchess of Cornwall and The Princess Royal are listed to attend the Equestrian Individual and Team Cross-Country Eventing (to support Zara, obviously) but the Queen and Prince Philip aren't. Then again, the Duchess of Cambridge will be there too - and she isn't listed either; that's because Camilla will attend in her capacity of a Patron of the British Equestrian Federation, and Anne - as IOC member and President of BOS. Perhaps, we will see the Queen and Prince Philip attending the games in private capacity, although the younger royals will have a significantly more visible role.

I believe she is only there the first weekend - and then is heading off to Scotland. C&C are on a similar sched. I think once the equestrian and Zara are done, it will be mostly Will, Kate and Harry and of course Anne officially - the rest of the family will probably be unofficial guests.

The Queen, the Royal Family and the Olympics

Any news about if Her Majesty will be opening the Olympic Games on Friday ? Usually the Head of State does, but I haven't heard if she will or has asked The Prince of Wales to do it.

Also has their been a schedule of Olympic events Her Majesty & other members of the Royal Family will be attending ?

A bit OT but I wonder how many events HM will actually attend during the Games. I can see her showing up to support granddaughter Zara but beyond that I would not be surprised if she pretty much left the Games to the younger generation and spent her own time quietly at Windsor. The Games will be officially closed by the President of the IOC so there is no real need for her to be there even for that. Brooch watchers may end up being disappointed.

Balmoral more likely - it's the time of year she slips off up to Scotland for a long retreat to her favourite home... I doubt very much HM will attend any games at all....Apart from Braemar of course!

Balmoral more likely - it's the time of year she slips off up to Scotland for a long retreat to her favourite home... I doubt very much HM will attend any games at all....Apart from Braemar of course!

She may attend the equestrian events privately to cheer her granddaughter on. I personally hope that she does. Her Majesty does love riding, and it would mean a lot to Zara to have her Granny there.

Prince Louis and Princess Tessy are seen on the stands during the womens 10 meter air rifle qualifying round during in The Royal Artillery Barracks at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
ANP Foto
ANP Foto

Prince Charles and the duchess of Cornwall watching cycling, at men's road race.
http://static.iltalehti.fi/lontoon-olympialaiset-2012/charles2_2807PR_ol.jpg (chatting to Australia's Cadel Evans)
With Bradley Wiggins
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07T53SEfZK7L7/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/082G2AX6EXahl/610x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
July 28th: Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh at first day of the swimming competition. They were shown around the Aquatics Centre, and watched the men's 4x100m individual medley heats.

Pic One ** Pic Two ** Pic Three ** Pic Four ** Pic Five

From Daylife.

ETA: Mike Tindall is in the crowd at the dressage stage of the eventing today.

Last edited:
She may attend the equestrian events privately to cheer her granddaughter on. I personally hope that she does. Her Majesty does love riding, and it would mean a lot to Zara to have her Granny there.

I think that HM might stay away from Zara's events, simply because I think there's huge pressure on Zara as it is, never mind having the Queen and the rest of the RF sitting watching. Zara has been frustrated by the media's obsession with asking her about her family all the time. The Queen might think it'd be best if only a few family members watch her compete.

:previous:
Veyr beautiful picture is the 1st. :wub:

all the cereomny was so beautiful!!!!!
harry ills and kate in bukingham doll especially!
the queen,,,,,,,a queen! and a nice touch we can see lady louise and james!

Mette-Marit looks tanned and gorgeous. The Lux Grand Ducal Family looks as wholesome and beautiful as ever!

thanks for posting the multi royal pics! MM is a social butterfly!

How nice that Philippe and Mathilde were bringing their children, it no doubt must have been a wonderful experience for them.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.

Great photos of Mary & Frederik enjoying the swimming, also with MM.

WA & Maxima would have left a little disappointed as their team was expected to win the relay, but were beaten by Australia- go the Aussie girls.

The photos with the children are lovely, they seem to be having a fun time.

Amazing pictures :)
Dutch girls have great time :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Its great that some of the royals took their children, it must of been a nice experience but the Judo event couldve been a bit boring for Philipe & Mathilde's little ones.

So far, great pictures! Especially of the ones of a few royals at one event.

Back
Top Bottom