Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muhler said:
Thanks, Marengo :flowers:

Good heavens! How many girls are there in that family?!? :eek:

Thanks, Northern Princess :flowers:

Lol!
The PoO and P. Maxima have three girls.
Prince Friso and P. Mabel have two.
P. Constantijn and P. Laurentien have two girls and one boy.
The sons of P. Margriet (sister of the Queen) have their ofspring more evenly distributed. ;-)

August 7, 2012 Programme for the Danish Royal Family

HM The Queen:
Equestrian, Dressage, at Greenwich Park at 15.20 hrs.

H.M. The Queen hosts a reception on the occasion of The Olympic Games for Danish participants in the Olympics on The Royal Yacht Dannebrog, London, 17.00 hrs.

The Crown Prince Couple:
Equestrian, Dressage, at Greenwich Park.

HRH The Crown Prince will present medals at the Equestrian Finals.

Reception for the Danish participants in the Olympics on The Royal Yacht Dannebrog, London, 17.00 hrs.

HRH Princess Benedikte:
Equestrian, Dressage, at Greenwich Park.

Reception for the Danish participants in the Olympics on The Royal Yacht Dannebrog, London, 17.00 hrs.

Cute pictures of all the little Dutch princesses on the website Fotografie Leo Vogelzang.

When you search Willem-Alexander on the website Newscom, you see a nice interaction between Albert of Monace about a drawing one of the girls made and gave to him!

I'm sorry I meant the gettyimages website. If you search there for Willem you can see him talking to Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik & Mary are at the Dressage team competition today. Just saw them on tv applauding after one of the Danish riders finished her round.

Frederik & Mary are at the Dressage team competition today. Just saw them on tv applauding after one of the Danish riders finished her round.

Is this where Princess Nathalie is competing?

^^^^
Yes, this is Nathalie SWB's event

No pics of that yet, but some of the family on their way to the competition, leaving the royal yacht:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

The gallery I've posted earlier today has been updated with today's pics! See here!

Last edited:
i was trying to see what Mary and christian tag said, does their tag have their title like the rest of the royal i wish i can see the close up, and for Kate i wish she can take time off from playing cheer leader to put some effort on other charity work she does not have to attend all events, she can do some work instead of watching others doing it. P.S it nice to see all royal together instead of the regular meeting places e.g royal weddings or state event!!

^^^^^^^^^
Well Catherine does actually have a role to play at these Olympics as an Ambassador for Team GB so IMO it is totally appropriate for her to be seen cheering on the team.

prisscess of may said:
for Kate i wish she can take time off from playing cheer leader to put some effort on other charity work she does not have to attend all events, she can do some work instead of watching others doing it.

So, the Oranjes, CP couple from Denmark, and all the other royals in London have been doing loads of work, have they?

Ridiculous, this woman can't catch a break. She is one of Team GB's ambassadors. She's doing what she's supposed to do.

Princess Haya is also at the Dressage, sitting a bit below and to the side of Anne, Sir Tim and Peter Phillips.

Nathalie SWB has not gine yet but the other 3 Danish riders have.

...and for Kate I wish she can take time off from playing cheer leader to put some effort on other charity work she does not have to attend all events, she can do some work instead of watching others doing it.

This is part of her job - for the Olympics and Paralympics; William, Kate and Harry are Team GB ambassadors. They are attending events, supporting the athletes. being visible, meeting with dignitaries...keeping up the royal end. Other than Princess Anne - they are the only ones attending 'officially' (maybe the Duke of Kent at the tennis). Most of the rest of the royal family are on vacation, save for a few events here and there. Can you imagine if there was no royal attendance and support? OMG - the outcries! They are all doing a great job - generally hitting 3-4 events/day.

Just spotted Prince Harry with Peter Phillips in the velodrome

Just spotted Prince Harry with Peter Phillips in the velodrome
DM is saying it's Prince William with Harry, not Peter. I think you are right though; Clarence House announced Harry's attendance - but not William's. William is supposed to be back to work anyway.

Last edited:
DM is saying it's Prince William, not Peter. I think you are right though; Clarence House announced Harry's attendance - but not William's. William is supposed to be back to work anyway.

if the DM says its William than no doubt it is Harry.

Artemisia said:
DM is saying it's Prince William, not Peter. I think you are right though; Clarence House announced Harry's attendance - but not William's. William is supposed to be back to work anyway.

It was definitely Peter and Harry along with the Princess Royal, her husband and Seb Coe

if the DM says its William than no doubt it is Harry.
I meant the man with Prince Harry.
You'd think DM would be able to distinguish the future King from his cousin though. ;)

It was definitely Peter and Harry along with the Princess Royal, her husband and Seb Coe
I've seen pictures now (unfortunately, no live coverage) - and you are definitely right; it was Peter. :)

Incidentally, here is the quote from DM:
Harry and William are in the Velodrome. They must have been very, very successful in the ballot.

I meant the man with Prince Harry.
You'd think DM would be able to distinguish the future King from his cousin though. ;)

ah - misunderstood - but IA you'd think they could tell William from not. Even if they said Harry and a friend. Its one thing when the American broadcasters dont know who they are - but the DM covers the royal family as the regular beat and they always seem to miss the ids

also Sarah is there with Beatrice and Eugenie.

edit...
ok maybe I can cut them a little slack since Peter is wearing what has become William's trademark red hat

Prince Harry Pictures - Olympics Day 11 - Cycling - Track - Zimbio

Last edited:
HRH Prince Feisal of Jordan was today at Gymanstics as a member of Olympic Comitee on giving medals!

Its Harry with Peter ..just saw the pics

Prince Albert was just now giving the medals to the women's ploe vault!

Back
Top Bottom