Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry must be so annoyed he chose to miss the athletics last night. As awesome as Usain Bolt is, he doesn't top 3 GB gold medals in 47 minutes.

ghost_night554 said:

Great pictures, as always! I'm with you regarding the commentators; it's annoying, especially when the mistake is made by the domestic news source, that should know the correct titles. Brings back memories of the Jubilee Pageant.

ghost_night554 said:

How cute are they? The picture of Catherine's head on her husband's shoulder melts my heart. And OT, but I'm sort of coveting the navy blue fleece/sweatshirt she's wearing would love to know where it can be obtained and if it's available outside the UK.

ghost_night554 said:
Here we gooo hope they show Harry while Usain is running

Sorry but that was never going to happen, Bolt ran in 9:64, they wouldn't have time to show Harry.

Sorry but that was never going to happen, Bolt ran in 9:64, they wouldn't have time to show Harry.
ya haha guess I forgot how fast he was. Well maybe they'll show them while he receives his medal.

and I just spilled soup all over my team canada shirt while cheering on Bolt ugh what the Olympics do to me.

Last edited:
I keep thinking how wonderful/tormenting it would be to to be in the stands at the same event at your favorite royals, and for the scoring to be reeeeealy close, and to have to decide which to watch! LOL

Did I post this god I keep forgetting William and Kate visit Team GB house - credit Reuters
A royal surprise as Australian athletes meet Prince William and Kate | Video | Reuters.com

OK so tomorrow The Duchess of Cambridge will head down to watch Sailing competition at around 12:00BST,7:00am EST and 4:00am PST hence the Duke of Cambridge will now be leaving London and heading back to work in Angelsey thus ending his Olympic appearances.

That's it from me for tonight I'll see you guys tomorrow.

I said I was done but this picture really amazed me

LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 05: Great Britain Women's handball team bow to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (not pictured) following their match against Croatia Women's Handball Preliminaries Group A match at the Copper Box Arena on Day 9 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at the Copper Box on August 5, 2012 in London, England.
Photo from Getty Images

If she ever had doubts about her popularity, I would hope that this act of respect would put them to rest. She has really touched those in her own nation, as well as around the world. That's not a small feat.

The Duke of Kent watched Andy Murray win the gold in men's singles for Team GB today.
Prince Edward Duke Of Kent And President Of The All England

And The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence were at Sailing to watch Ben Ainslie win gold in the Finn class. The Princess Royal presented the medals.
Princess Anne Princess Royal And Vice Admiral Sir Timothy
Denmarks Jonas Hogh Christensen On The Podium Receives His
Isn't the other gentleman on the boat King Konstantin?

Those are pics of her with Team GB gymnasts, or of her alone. I'm looking for pics of her with Team USA.

I just looked on twitter, and I didn't find any pictures of Catherine with any of the Team USA gymnasts (that doesn't mean that they don't exist, it just may be that the person that posted them decided to have them removed). The only thing I found was Jordyn's tweet about meeting the Duchess, and one that is written in the same tone by her teammate Alexandra. However, neither one had a picture up.

I just looked on twitter, and I didn't find any pictures of Catherine with any of the Team USA gymnasts (that doesn't mean that they don't exist, it just may be that the person that posted them decided to have them removed). The only thing I found was Jordyn's tweet about meeting the Duchess, and one that is written in the same tone by her teammate Alexandra. However, neither one had a picture up.

I saw it on the NBC broadcast- her talking with all of them in the stands (except for McKayla Maroney, who was competing tonight)

Last edited:
I saw it on the NBC broadcast- her talking with all of them in the stands (except for McKayla Maroney, who was competing tonight)

Thank you for the information. I did a google search just in case something was posted later on but found nothing.

Oh sorry I'm really tired I read it wrong. Ya no I can't find any there but I've read tons of tweets bout it, if I find any I'll post them.

ETA: found one(I'm sorry that it's blurry I'll be on the lookout for more)
https://twitter.com/jenniferltaylor/status/232308123052957697/photo/1/large

I remember seeing your post with Jordyn's tweet about meeting Catherine, but didn't think there were pictures at the time. Thank you for helping out, as always :flowers:. Go get some rest. You need and deserve it. Pictures will still be there when you're awake and feeling better.

You know, I had to pause for a second to think of just who "Alexandra" was because Alexandra Raisman's almost always referred to as Aly, lol.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I did a google search just in case something was posted later on but found nothing.

I remember seeing your post with Jordyn's tweet about meeting Catherine, but didn't think there were pictures at the time. Thank you for helping out, as always :flowers:. Go get some rest. You need and deserve it. Pictures will still be there when you're awake and feeling better.
Love the pics you just posted! And yes I shall go to bed now but you know what I'm like you can't keep me away from this place for longer then a few hours :lol: Ooh ya anyone wanting to watch sailing in the morning where the Duchess will be in attendance can stream on ctvolympics.ca NBCOlympics or USAgoals.com

Last edited:
ghost_night554 said:
Love the pics you just posted! And yes I shall go to bed now but you know what I'm like you can't keep me away from this place for longer then a few hours :lol:

Glad you liked the pictures. Yes, this site is extremely addicting. I'm going to be in big trouble come September, because I won't be able to do what I'm doing now with school in session (well, I guess that's what lunch breaks and nap time is for...though I don't think it'll be wise to mention that to my school's director :D).

Mary travels back to London and Frederik tomorrow together with the two oldest Christian and Isabella :flowers:

Roskilde said:
Mary travels back to London and Frederik tomorrow together with the two oldest Christian and Isabella :flowers:

Wonderful indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing them. The kids are old enough to really understand what's happening, so they'll more than likely have a blast. Of course it helps that they appear to enjoy sports.

Wonderful indeed! I'm looking forward to seeing them. The kids are old enough to really understand what's happening, so they'll more than likely have a blast. Of course it helps that they appear to enjoy sports.

No chances of James and Isabella meeting as The Earl and Countess of Wessex are in Balmoral now. They are attending a garden party at Balmoral tomorow. What a shame they wont meet, haha!

Back
Top Bottom