Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pictures and videos! Looks everyone is enjoying themselves. It's delightful that some royals chose to bring their children. It's a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and sports. Congratulations to Team GB for winning a bronze in men's gymnastics. Bet William and Harry were glad they were there to cheer their fellow Brits on.

What a shame...I had hoped Stephanie would skip the infamous pre-bridal Starvation Diet but she looks to have dropped a significant amount of weight...she is wan, pale and waaay too thin!! :eek: Too bad because she had a great figure.

I agree that she should never wear her hair pulled severely away from her face. She has very pretty hair and could so so much with it.

This girl has a lot of potential, but imo she needs a stylist. :sad:

I like the dress, it reminds me of the 60's. But that kind of dress needs a particular type of hairstyle and accessories.

Last edited:
It is nice to see Countess Stephanie joining her future family and attending the event. She seems relaxed and comfortable.
Such type of dresses are in vogue right now. I am not keen on the print.

The dress is very odd, agreed. But she's charming and it's not out of place. She will have her own style?

As for her hair, the only thing which would really work if she does not pull it back is to cut it.
It's rather long and shaggy when she lets it all down, which is fine for a young girl but she will now be a matron. She would look more youthful with a shorter cut, whether or not she got it permed. Her long straight blonde hair is so distinctive in the family, however, that one would really want to put a perm on it. I think she looks fine with the hair pulled back, even if it's slightly severe. She is her own personality and it suits her.

Still my favorite couple in the present generation!

What do you mean by "she will now be a matron"?

...He is in love - as, I think, is she.
I do love the way she is gazing and smiling at her fiance, usually it's Guillaume smiling at her. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
... Stephanie should not wear her hair pulled back imo. It adds years to her face somehow.
I didn't recognize her with that hairdo. I don't think it flatters her at all. However, that being said, I think she has a very charming smile. It's great that she's spending some time with her future in-laws and getting a chance to see the Olympics live.

What a shame...I had hoped Stephanie would skip the infamous pre-bridal Starvation Diet but she looks to have dropped a significant amount of weight...she is wan, pale and waaay too thin!! :eek: Too bad because she had a great figure.

I think the lighting is to blame for the appearance of her complexion. Very harsh lighting. She doesn't look thinner to me - she seems to be a bit of a chameleon. She can convey very different impressions in different circumstances. I am thinking of the Swedish baptism and the outing with the whole family with dogs - she seems to be naturally slim - very delicate. She looks the same to me. :bb:

Morning all so here are some updates bout today's appearances by the BRF
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter Royal watchers at the ready: William, Kate and Harry are expected to watch Zara compete for an equestrian medal today.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry are expected to visit the Olympic athletes' village today. Their schedule is provisional though.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
@RoyalKateDebate Good morning. They are not due at the swimming today but, as you saw yesterday, their programme is subject to change.
I'm watching it now still haven't seen them yet. I'm out I'll catch up in the morning with the dvr

Last edited:
Just sew William and Kate at the jumping event today on TV. Kate is in a striped top with a jacket.

Nice to see Daniel and Carl Philip there sitting so close the British royals. I wonder if they know each other?... I know Edward and Sophie will know Daniel and Carl Philip as they attend weddings and such together, but have they met any other members? On that note, I am surprised Edward and Sophie have not been to support Zara. Pretty much everyone else has, aside from the Queen and Andrew, so wonder why they haven't. Has Charles been to support her?

Great to see so many out to support Zara again today, lovely to see Peter as well. He and Autumn attend so many of Zara's competitions, so lovely to see him support his sister that way.

Anne looked frightfully nervous as Zara came into the arena, I can only imagine her nerves.

Nice to see Daniel and Carl Philip there sitting so close the British royals. I wonder if they know each other?... I know Edward and Sophie will know Daniel and Carl Philip as they attend weddings and such together, but have they met any other members?

Charles and Camilla visited Sweden as part of their tour this year. They were welcomed at the airport by Carl Philip and also met Daniel

Return of the young Royals: Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Harry watch as Zara and Team GB go for gold in the team eventing jumping final | Mail Online

Charles and Camilla visited Sweden as part of their tour this year. They were welcomed at the airport by Carl Philip and also met Daniel

Good, I am glad they have met before. Nice to see relationships between the families as it has always been said that the British Royals have isolated themselves from their European counterparts, which is a bit of a shame.

That article refers to Peter as William's "look-a-like" and I have to say I had not really noticed until now, but they do share a resemblance.

I am pleased for GB getting a Silver, very well done. :)

Disappointed on the amount of coverage on Princess Haya who is head of the FEI so far at the evening games. There were just 2 pictures of her with the audience. One would think that there were a few more pictures (like other royals attending). It's either she isn't out in full force or the photographers aren't interested.

Disappointed on the amount of coverage on Princess Haya who is head of the FEI so far at the evening games. There were just 2 pictures of her with the audience. One would think that there were a few more pictures (like other royals attending). It's either she isn't out in full force or the photographers aren't interested.

They wont be interested as long as William and Catherine are there. I love Princess Haya, she is such a beautiful woman as well.

Last edited:
Those stripy shirts are just awful. Carl Philip's an attractive chap but even he can't make those shirts look good, and they're definitely not Daniel's colour.

EIIR said:
Those stripy shirts are just awful. Carl Philip's an attractive chap but even he can't make those shirts look good, and they're definitely not Daniel's colour.

Who's looking at the shirts?? Tee hee

Who's looking at the shirts?? Tee hee

I really don't find either of them particularly attractive, personally, so I'm afraid all I see is the shirts. I can see that CP is a good looking guy, although he does nothing for me tbh.

What a shame...I had hoped Stephanie would skip the infamous pre-bridal Starvation Diet but she looks to have dropped a significant amount of weight...she is wan, pale and waaay too thin!! :eek: Too bad because she had a great figure. ...
It is actually great that Countess Stephanie has pale skin. There are enough tanned royal ladies.
It is hardly surprising. I did expect a better coverage of Princess Haya's participation.
It appears that Crown Prince Pavlos and his family are not attending.

Last edited:
Princess Haya is almost totally unknown in the UK which explains why the press aren't taking many pictures of her. With regards to the TV coverage, it is the IOC's own broadcasters who decide what is covered and sold on to national broadcasters. The IOC's people obviously feel there's more important people to be covering.

Princess Haya is almost totally unknown in the UK

I wonder why though she is annually present at the Royal Ascot ..

Back
Top Bottom