Royals Who Are Attending 2012 London Olympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NGalitzine said:
Because her husband is a very well known owner of racehorses.

She won a fair few races this year as well, they'll be known amongst the riding circles.

An HQ-pic of Mary and Frederik in dispair at a handball match: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/415/5/5415486-ol2012.jpg

An article about Princess Nathalie, who being an equestian competitor (I think it's called) on elite level, has to make many sacrifices in regards to her family: Prinsesse Nathalie: Jeg må ofte svigte familien - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

With this picture attached to the article: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/415/5/5415714-hest.jpg

Those stripy shirts are just awful. Carl Philip's an attractive chap but even he can't make those shirts look good, and they're definitely not Daniel's colour.

I have to agree. These shirts are God-awful, and probably won't look good on anyone.

An HQ-pic of Mary and Frederik in dispair at a handball match: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/415/5/5415486-ol2012.jpg

An article about Princess Nathalie, who being an equestian competitor (I think it's called) on elite level, has to make many sacrifices in regards to her family: Prinsesse Nathalie: Jeg må ofte svigte familien - kvinder.bt.dk | www.bt.dk

With this picture attached to the article: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/415/5/5415714-hest.jpg

the picture of Frederik and Mary is from the tennis match of Caroline Wozniacki I believe :flowers:

Catherine, William and Harry are currently on a walkabout of the Olympic village. Interrupting physio sessions and ice baths.

polyesco said:
the picture of Frederik and Mary is from the tennis match of Caroline Wozniacki I believe :flowers:

It is, from Saturday I believe

You are of course right. :)

Well, it's a pic of Mary and Frederik in dispair....;)

ghost_night554 said:
They're at water polo

They aren't. William is alone, surrounded by teenage girls I've just seen GB lost 21-7.

They aren't. William is alone, surrounded by teenage girls I've just seen GB lost 21-7.
oh I misread it, just saw it now my mistake:lol: I had just woken up when I posted that so I musta still been half asleep

Does anyone know why William, Harry and Kate are not wearing name badge around the necks ? All other royals have even Princess Anne and Camilla.

Does anyone know why William, Harry and Kate are not wearing name badge around the necks ? All other royals have even Princess Anne and Camilla.

Just a guess, but it's probably because they're the Ambassadors for Team GB.

I would assume they have them, they just arent wearing them.

Philip didnt wear one either when he attended Zara's dressage on Sunday

Willam, Harry and Kate all 3 wore badges when they visted the Olympic Park

Last edited:

I think it's because they're so well-known that they just don't need to wear them. All the officials, volunteers etc. will know who they are with one glance. With Anne evidently trying to wear every bit of Team GB kit at once, she'd be hard to identify at first glance, hence she wears her ID. The foreign royals generally wouldn't be recognised by the staff and volunteers, so they need to wear them all the time.

The Queen and DoE didn't wear their name badges either as they're unlikely to be mistaken for anyone else.

I think it's because they're so well-known that they just don't need to wear them. All the officials, volunteers etc. will know who they are with one glance. With Anne evidently trying to wear every bit of Team GB kit at once, she'd be hard to identify at first glance, hence she wears her ID. The foreign royals generally wouldn't be recognised by the staff and volunteers, so they need to wear them all the time.

The Queen and DoE didn't wear their name badges either as they're unlikely to be mistaken for anyone else.

when they were at the olympic village today (see Ghost_night's post 204 above) all 3 finally were wearing credentials.

Frankly, that's insulting to the superb athletes competing at the games and to the other royals, British and foreign. While some people on this board and at Hello and the Daily Mail might think the world revolves around William and Kate, it actually doesn't.

There are photos of William, Kate and Harry arriving at the equestrian venue and they are wearing credentials in exactly the same way as the lesser mortals they are with - Eugenie and Beatrice, Mike Tindall and Peter and Autumn Phillips. They obviously just took them off when they got to their seats.

Frankly, that's insulting to the superb athletes competing at the games and to the other royals, British and foreign. While some people on this board and at Hello and the Daily Mail might think the world revolves around William and Kate, it actually doesn't.

Insulting? EIIR was commenting on a recognition factor. And despite how superb any other athletes are, they dont have the recognition factor of Will, Kate or Harry in the UK. The fact is Philip didnt wear one either when he was with Anne on Sunday - I'm sure he was waved through just fine. Maybe they had them, maybe they didnt. Maybe they hadn't been over to the village to get their credentials yet. I hadnt seen their credentials until this afternoon when they went to the village. The fact is they have security guards with them at all times and there is no doubt who they are and they could be waved through for the events.

I highly doubt that they are the only people with security guards around them. Most royals. presidents and other officials will have a few of those.

Insulting? EIIR was commenting on a recognition factor. And despite how superb any other athletes are, they dont have the recognition factor of Will, Kate or Harry in the UK. The fact is Philip didnt wear one either when he was with Anne on Sunday - I'm sure he was waved through just fine. Maybe they had them, maybe they didnt. Maybe they hadn't been over to the village to get their credentials yet. I hadnt seen their credentials until this afternoon when they went to the village. The fact is they have security guards with them at all times and there is no doubt who they are and they could be waved through for the events.

For God's sake, the pictures from today show they wear credentials. Why isn't anyone thinking of the possibility that they simply took them off their neck when they sat down at the equestrian events. Occam's Razor everybody. Or those that just get used in one thread and not another? Yes, it must be because they are just sooo recognisable :whistling: Michelle Obama is pretty recognisable to me and I'm sure to many in the UK and she wore credentials.

Nice to see Daniel and Carl Philip there sitting so close the British royals. I wonder if they know each other?... I know Edward and Sophie will know Daniel and Carl Philip as they attend weddings and such together, but have they met any other members?

CP would have met the Princess Royal. She has been at events in Norway that he also attended. I think it might have been the last big birthday for the King.

Back
Top Bottom