The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

A large picture of the DRF out in force to support Princess Nathalie at equestrian: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...nathalie-7.jpg

With Nathalie herself, riding Digby: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...e-og-digby.jpg

She was indeed pleased with the family-supporters, but said with a grin: "That's funny, they are normally never there".

She added: "My mother was there (to support her) but my father is sitting at home in front of the telly".

Alas, Nathalie didn't win any medals.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaB

What is the Princess Royal doing? As the President of the British Olympic Association and member of the IOC I find it hard to believe that she is doing nothing.
You might want to have a look at many pictures of the Princess Royal over the past two weeks. I don't think she's missed a day of events. Twitter feeds about royals are almost solely about The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Harry. Anyone else who happens to be there are secondary to the 'popular' kids. Take a look, http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/...setType=image#

- Opening Ceremony
Day 2 - 5 = Equestrian events
Day 6 = Shooting and Cycling
Day 7 = hockey, cycling and swimming
Day 8 = Cycling
Day 9 & 10 = Sailing
Day 11 = Cycling
Day 12 = boxing.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Yes, Juliette, The DRF are sleeping onboard Dannebrog.

- I see Isabella basically has the same view on handball that I have: A group of people toss a ball around a few times, then run to the other end of a short field and score. After which the other team toss the ball around, run back again and score. And they do that for half an hour!
Why not remain in the same end and take turn scoring?

Notice the blonde woman in red behind the royals. She's the Danish PM, and as you will observe the corners of her mouth are perpetually in twenty minutes past eight position. No doubt her negative vibrations influenced the game....

Our Marie has confirmed that she and her Joachim will bring their two children with them to London:
Billed-Bladet - Børnene med Marie til OL - Det bliver en udfordring

The keen-eyed will have noticed Christian's backpack from when he went onboard Dannebrog. Apart from his name there was also a copy of dad's shark-tattoo.
Thanks Muhler - your comments are always insightful and funny!

Quote:

She was indeed pleased with the family-supporters, but said with a grin: "That's funny, they are normally never there".

She added: "My mother was there (to support her) but my father is sitting at home in front of the telly".
Mmmh...interesting comment. Muhler, do you think that was directed to Prince Frederick and Princess Mary, the Queen or her parents?
Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
Mmmh...interesting comment. Muhler, do you think that was directed to Prince Frederick and Princess Mary, the Queen or her parents?
No, I believe that's part of the very dry and pretty rough humour they use at Berleburg.
It's "west-coast-humour" here in DK.

And you are most welcome, Juliette.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Just saw Kate with the Princess Royals husband Tim Lawrence watching the women's boxing final
I really love it how the Royals present themselves as a functional family!!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
No, I believe that's part of the very dry and pretty rough humour they use at Berleburg.
It's "west-coast-humour" here in DK.

And you are most welcome, Juliette.
I think I would call it "passive aggressive" humour!! At least is was in good spirit!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry, King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia waiting for Usain Bolts 200m run.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Today's galleries via zimbio:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics - Day 13 - Royals at the Olympics **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics Day 13 - Synchronised Swimming **

And one more from yesterday:

** pp: JO-Princesse Mary: Christian et Isabella excités et déçus lors de Danemark-Suède **
Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Courtier

I haven't seen any pictures of the Norwegians Royals these days. H&M-M were there at the beginning, though. Have they gone home?
Old 08-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Felipe watches Spain play the Unites States during the women's water polo gold medal match-
http://paimages.eu/prvw/2.14269232.jpg
http://paimages.eu/prvw/2.14269229.jpg
http://as01.epimg.net/masdeporte/ima...cia_normal.jpg

Lots of photos of Felipe at the water polo game, Spain got silver.
Getty Images - Search: prince felipe, GBR: Olympics Day 13 - Water Polo
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A large picture of the DRF out in force to support Princess Nathalie at equestrian: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...nathalie-7.jpg

With Nathalie herself, riding Digby: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...e-og-digby.jpg

Alas, Nathalie didn't win any medals.
thank you Muhler,
I havent seen pictures but do we know if Nathalie's sibilings attended?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thank you for the pics.

loved the pic of Christian doing a Bolt pose
That child has a huge personality. I love it. He's not shy to just be himself (along with his sister).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

Also Daria I can't access the page right now but I saw it earlier and wanted to say your welcome and I'll miss you guys too lord knows idk how I'm going to keep off this place while I'm on vacation y'all know I'm addicted to being here.
Hey, it's all good. I'm dreading starting work in a few weeks, because I won't be able to just pop on here and see what's going on as frequently as I do now (though I have a feeling my iPad will be used to do just that during my lunch break ). Enjoy your holiday.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
That child has a huge personality. I love it. He's not shy to just be himself (along with his sister).

Hey, it's all good. I'm dreading starting work in a few weeks, because I won't be able to just pop on here and see what's going on as frequently as I do now (though I have a feeling my iPad will be used to do just that during my lunch break ). Enjoy your holiday.
Thanks haha I know right? I start school soon and I should start focusing on that but I doubt I will. I say it every year and every single year I fail miserably. I'm in my lecture hall and I'm on here when I really should be paying attention to the teacher

Catherine and Harry went to Team GB house
MYROYALS: CATHER

Video of them at Team GB house
http://a-royal-love-affair.tumblr.com/post/29069233776

Prince Harry at Athletics tonighthttp://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=prince+harry&assetType=image
The original photos were from August 7th these are the updated real photos from tonight

Ok so tomorrow the Duchess was supposed to be at the Gold Medal Field Hockey game but I'm assuming she'll attend the Bronze Medal game instead.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Harry shares a tender moment at the Olympics with a blond yesterday.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...poz1o1_500.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/P...f9xtKBYg-l.jpg

(Heh..the blond is British rower Constantine Louloudis)
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

Pavlos and family
Fast, Free Image Hosting - ImageBam
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
The picture isn't detailled enough, but the words on her identification-tag seen to fit with " HRH Catherine Cambridge".
I must say that it is fortunate that she loves sports. I wouldn't want to spend all those hours attending games which don't interest me.
Perhaps a game here and there, but the Dutchess is making long hours. :-)

If it is saying Catherine Cambridge it is a different one to the one she was wearing last week which clearlyn said 'HRH Duchess of Cambridge'
Old 08-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Thanks haha I know right? I start school soon and I should start focusing on that but I doubt I will. I say it every year and every single year I fail miserably. I'm in my lecture hall and I'm on here when I really should be paying attention to the teacher

Catherine and Harry went to Team GB house
MYROYALS: CATHER

Video of them at Team GB house
A Royal Love Affair

Ok so tomorrow the Duchess was supposed to be at the Gold Medal Field Hockey game but I'm assuming she'll attend the Bronze Medal game instead.
See, I can't get away with that anymore, because I'll actually be responsible for a room full of pre-schoolers. My only time to even think about getting on here would be during my lunch break (and I'll be sure to bring my iPad, so that I don't get in trouble for using the work computers for a non-work Internet activity). I loved the pictures and the video you shared. Harry and Kate are such personable and outgoing individuals, that it's a pleasure to watch them chat to different athletes and people in general.

(...)

Christian showing off (or hiding behind) his ID tag is absolutely priceless, then when everyone else is doing it, Isabella marches to the beat of her own drum, so to speak, and doesn't hold hers up. As I said, I love it .

Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thank you Muhler,
I havent seen pictures but do we know if Nathalie's sibilings attended?
You are welcome.

Don't think so. There haven't been any mentioning of her siblings as far as I know.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Hope these were not posted yet (found them on my twitter):

Kate Middleton Pictures at 2012 Olympics Watching Synchronised Swimming
Kate goes for gold with the Team GB medal winners - New Articles - Evening Standard

Old 08-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah I saw them but I kept having problems with this thread so I didn't post them. Thanks for posting Daria. Knowing me I'd go online even with pre-schoolers staring at me I'd be like "ummmm go colour or something Kate has an engagement can't miss this!!" I'm so sure I'd be fired instantly haha

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012