The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
the lack of presence from any spanish royals - bar Queen Sofia at the opening cermony is disappointing. i know the King and Felipe still have some engagements but it would have be nice if the Queen or Letizia could have made appearances during this past week
Yes, I wonder why Letizia didn't appear!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Yes, I wonder why Letizia didn't appear!
i do gather her and felipe are meant to attend the closing cermony - but every country has royals in attendance supporting and spain's are absent. Letizia nor the Queen have engagements this week so i dont see why they couldnt be in London.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Where is Prince Charles and the Duchess, have they been to any other venues?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Nobility

Every time I see Daniel and Carl Philip attending events, I think "Boys Night Out." All they need is a couple of beers and a game of darts!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
The foreign royals do not get media coverage in the UK. We never see them in the news or the papers. They'll get a couple of pages in Hello, but I'll bet that's not exactly William and Harry's preferred reading material.
It should not be from Hello and similar reading material a future king and queen of the U.K. would be able to recognize their future colleagues, there are not that many people in the world who one day will be king, queen or prince consort when William and Catherine are king and queen. The BRF have enough staff to put together a portofolio of all the major members of the other royal families, and to inform what other members of royal families are at the Olympic Games so that William, Catherine and Harry would be able to recognize them when they meet them at the V.I.P. section, as they surely knows that the people they will see there are other V.I.P. guests.

(I would guess that royals as well as politicians have memory notes on (important) people they meet, so that they are able to remember what they have met and what they have talked about when they meet again.)
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
the lack of presence from any spanish royals - bar Queen Sofia at the opening cermony is disappointing. i know the King and Felipe still have some engagements but it would have be nice if the Queen or Letizia could have made appearances during this past week
Isnt infanta Pilar attending most events? She may be less glamorous than Letizia but she has been an IOC member for decades!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They hardly know each other, I would imagine it is rather uncomfortable for all parties involved that they are supposed to pretend some sort of 'kinship'....kinda like when you have relatives that you've seen twice in your life, it's always awkward.

LaRae
Forget "kinship"...how about a simple smile and a handshake since you ARE representing the host country and these two gentlemen were Royal princes and guests to boot?

I don't buy the excuse that William and Harry didn't recognize their Continental peers, especially not in the case of Carl-Philip of Sweden.

I have seen the photos and I am done making excuses for William and Harry and even Kate-who apparently takes all her cues from William. It was a snub in my opinion, and mind-bogglingly rude.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Since I wasn't there and didn't see the whole day/event and all interactions that took place then I am not willing to jump to the conclusion they ignored the other Royals.

LaRae
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Link to CTV interview with William and Harry
http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/wat...on-legacy.html
Old 08-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Love this William and Kate holding hands at the opening ceremony courtesy of CTV
Let's set the world on fire, William and Kate holding hands at the Opening...

So tomorrow we have the Duchess of Cambridge heading down to watch Team GB compete in field hockey at 4:00pm BST/8:00am PST and 11:00 am EST
I believe BBC3 will be airing it and I imagine usagoals.com will be streaming it.

Ok here's the Channel 9 interview video with William and Harry
A Royal Love Affair

And here's the video of William and Kate at Team GB house
A Royal Love Affair
Old 08-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Serene Highness

William and Harry snubbing? I cannot see why they´d do that! Is it probable they had met the Swedish and had greeted before?

I´d like to mention sth. that happened these days in a volleyball match, Netherlands-Argentina. I saw some pics of Maxima celebrating. I am not entirely sure the pics were taken when the match had already finished, in which case I find it very rude and bad taste from her. I don´t have any problem if she celebrates Dutch victories, but I think you may keep composure at least, if the team of the country where you were born is eliminated.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Unfortunately, BBC quickly takes down those videos (for copyright reasons).
Yes this what I realize because on YouTube all links tell this. Thanks for help Artemisia!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
i do gather her and felipe are meant to attend the closing cermony - but every country has royals in attendance supporting and spain's are absent. Letizia nor the Queen have engagements this week so i dont see why they couldnt be in London.
I think exactly the same.. She could appear with leonor and sofia

Does anyone know a video of William hugging Kate?

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will go to the athletics at the Olympic Park tonight. No Olympic duties for Prince Harry.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I guess that since the economical situation in Spain is so bad, the spanish royals find it better to stay in Spain. If they would have been two weeks in London, many would have seen it as a luxury holiday abroad, paid by the spaniards. Since Felipe and Letizia spent many days in Beijing, I would guess that this change depends on the different economical situation in Spain.
The spanish athletes know that their royal family supports them, the royal family met the team of Spain before the Olympics in Spain.
Old 08-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Isnt infanta Pilar attending most events? She may be less glamorous than Letizia but she has been an IOC member for decades!
Infanta Pilar and her daughter are there but their members of the extended Borbón family and not officially representing Spain.There was no way that Infanta Cristina could be sent and her sister Elena is on holidays in Mallorca with her children and the queen.

Its very odd that there was practically no Spanish Royal presence at the games except for Queen Sofia and her sister in law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I guess that since the economical situation in Spain is so bad, the spanish royals find it better to stay in Spain. If they would have been two weeks in London, many would have seen it as a luxury holiday abroad, paid by the spaniards. Since Felipe and Letizia spent many days in Beijing, I would guess that this change depends on the different economical situation in Spain.
The spanish athletes know that their royal family supports them, the royal family met the team of Spain before the Olympics in Spain.
That's true too,but Letizia or Elena could have attended at least one day each.

Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz at the Olympic Games with her daughter, Doña Simoneta Gómez-Acebo.

http://img247.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_180lo.jpg

http://img256.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_166lo.jpg
Old 08-04-2012, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Luxembourg royals

ImageBam
ImageBam
ImageBam

Is Queen Beatrix in London?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know if William and Kate are watching Serena and Maria play?

LaRae
Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter
Anyone know if William and Kate are watching Serena and Maria play?

LaRae
They're at athletics today and AFAIK that's all.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
They're at athletics today and AFAIK that's all.
Sorry...what is 'athletics' ..a specific location?

LaRae
Old 08-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Sorry...what is 'athletics' ..a specific location?

LaRae
It's what we call Track & Field

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012