The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

William and Harry just gave an interview to the BBC in their studio. I have to say they come across as two really nice chaps, my parents were watching it with me and they felt they came across really, really well. I believe they're giving an interview to Canadian TV also.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

CTV interviewed William and Harry
CTV Olympics PR Team ‏@CTVOlympicsPR Prince William & Prince Harry sit down with @CTVO_BWilliams tonight on CTV (7-11pm) http://yfrog.com/nxjyrtuj

Also this just in
Quote:
At an event hosted by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in honour of the Military & volunteers helping out at the games
5 minutes ago via Echofon
Katherine Jenkins's Photo: At an event hosted by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in honour of the Military & volunteers helping out at the games | Lockerz
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter So many lines from that BBC interview. Will+Harry"kept in the dark" over the Queen's parachuting hobby. W+K feared kisscam at Velodrome.

Philip Bevan ‏@bevanp02
The wife is currently chatting to William & Kate in TeamGB House. #Justsaying

Anne Dickins ‏@Anne24solo
Casually chatting about Physio at the Olympics with William and Kate at GB house.

Kate Middleton Fans ‏@RoyallyKate
“William jokes that Kate is a sight to behold with hockey stick; when she gets mad she goes for you with …” http://tmblr.co/ZUnHMxQgzRPy

Emma Paton ‏@MissEmmaPaton
Just seen WIlls and Kate at work...sooooo..yeahhh..she's kinda stunning in real life..

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
#royal William jokes Queen was such a natural in her James Bond role she will be starring in the next movie.

Picture from Team GB house
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lh_RyUEOX2...Q/s1600/ii.jpg

They should be heading to the swimming finals soon.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

Just spotted Danish CP Frederik passing out the medals at mens track cycling.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

He is a member of the IOC. Princess Haya gave out the medals at gymnastics yesterday as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Does Anyone know if Mary has arrived yet or is she still in Denmark?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

What a good interview with William & Harry - they are so at ease with this kind of media and clearly relishing the Games. Loved all the highlights which were played out during the interview too.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lovely interview from William and Harry with Sue Barker of the BBC - natural, warm and very charming. I like they way its just plain William and Harry during interviews and its clear the brotherly affection between the pair they just love to joke with each other.

In the velodrome tonight watching GB dominate are Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Anne and Tim and Sophie Wessex

Old 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Lovely interview from William and Harry with Sue Barker of the BBC - natural, warm and very charming

In the velodrome tonight watching GB dominate are Prince Michael of Kent, Princess Anne and Tim and Sophie Wessex
Prince Edward is there too!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are there any images of the British Royals at the cycling?
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolbabe
Does Anyone know if Mary has arrived yet or is she still in Denmark?
Mary will arrive on Tuesday with Christian and Isabella.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Mary will arrive on Tuesday with Christian and Isabella.
thank you, hopefully we will see some pictures of them!!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate met Australian athletes during a visit to Team GB House tonight
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter William and Kate spoke to Aussie basketball player Lauren Jackson and silver medallist kayaker Jessica Fox tonight.

I'm watching the swimming semi finals/finals right now on usagoals.com William and Kate are supposed to arrive soon from what I've heard

They just arrived
Royal Forum Morons ‏@RoyalForumMoron Will and Kate at #OlympicGames2012 #London2012 swimming with prince Edward in front . http://pic.twitter.com/3p0MLNS4

Cupcake. ‏@jennniferphelps AHHHHH WILLIAM AND KATE WERE THERE. THEY WATCHED MICHAEL.

Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ W&K at the #aquatics centre. Accompanied by their current Press Secretary (and soon to be W's Private Sec) Miguel Head. #London2012
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

The Cambridges are already at the pool. They watched Phelps win his 21st medal,
Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just spotted the royal line up. William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie, Anne and Tim. It's kike couples day out.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Aristocracy

Relationship between the Royals

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtonruben359 View Post
I think it's clear that W&M didn't really recognize Daniel or Carl Philip because honestly they probably don't know each other. not acceptable!!!! Yes, Daniel attended William's wedding but there were something like 2000 guests so even if they met there is was probably very quickly and it was his wedding day I'm sure there was far too much to take in. William has never been in royal circles.

Although he doesn't often go to foreign Royal events, Prince Charles is well known and liked in Royal circles. He often invites foreign royal to Highgrove (during his Royal Visit to Sweden last April and he met Victoria and Daniel !!!

To me this is quite a serious issue. The duty of the British royals was also to be prepared for the visit of other royal houses athe OG, that is part of their job, and NOT just concentrate on their British interests!!! and this even if other royals are there to support competitors to their national athlets!! ie here Zara Philips.

We have however to be bear in mind that the photos we see do not represent the whole event; they may well have greeted each other when arriving, and after that go back to their own interests. There on Lithekuva a picture which shows that Daniel is preparing for shaking hands with someone, but we cannot see whom.
The wedding of Victoria and Daniel has been sufficiently advertised worldwide for them to know who Daniel is.
The rather cold relationship between the British and Swedish royals had been mentioned repeatedly, just think of their poor representation at the wedding in Stockholm. I heard about some disappointment that they had not been able to raise the "interest" of Carl Gustav towards princess Anne some 40 years go...
Old 08-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2
The duty of the British royals was also to be prepared for the visit of other royal houses athe OG, that is part of their job, and NOT just concentrate on their British interests!!!
Sorry but every royal attending this Olympics, except Anne, Frederik, Albert and GD Henri are there unofficially to enjoy the games. The BRF have no duty, they hosted a welcome reception before the games, and will probably host something private at the end. I see no job for them to do.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

"You just have to remain true to who you are."

Photos of William and Kate this afternoon at swimming

Liam Tancock ‏@LiamTancock Just had a conversation with William + Kate at the #London2012 Aquatics Centre! Great to see the Royals supporting @TeamGB and Swimming! :-)

http://www.gettyimages.ca/Search/Sea...al&p=cambridge

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...D02H44.twitter
Old 08-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Sorry but every royal attending this Olympics, except Anne, Frederik, Albert and GD Henri are there unofficially to enjoy the games. The BRF have no duty, they hosted a welcome reception before the games, and will probably host something private at the end. I see no job for them to do.
I TOTALLY DISAGREE with you, even if they were there unofficially! this pure rudeness. I just saw this picture of Daniel and Carl Philp, clear on their feelings

Prince Daniel Of Sweden And Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden

I am pretty sure the Swedish, Dutch or any other royals would behave in a more friendly way! No, hosting a reception does not make them free from elementary politeness at other moments.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Some galleries with large pics from today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Olympics Day 7 - Equestrian **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Olympics - Day 7 - Royals at the Olympics **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Olympics Day 7 - Hockey **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Olympics Day 7 - Swimming **
Old 08-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

At team GB house
"You just have to remain true to who you are."
A Royal Love Affair
William & Catherine

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012