The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Fanvanmaxima's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Elburg, Netherlands
Posts: 883
Princess Máxima, Princess Amalia and Princess Benedikte are attending eventing right now.

This morning in the Olympic village:

Fan van Máxima » Olympische Spelen – Dag 7 & 8

Google Vertalen
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
AUGUST 03: Princess Ariane of the Netherlands and Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange attend Equestrian events on Day 7 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at at Greenwich Park on August 3, 2012 in London, England.

prince august 3, 2012 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

More pictures, Princess Beatrice is also attending
http://news.daylife.com/search?q=pri...gust+3%2C+2012
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I can only agree full-heartedly here.
In addition, it's not like there were a few hundred reigning European Royal Houses left to keep track of; the Swedish Princes are actually equal respectively higher in rank than the young Waleses; and in this situation, their warm greeting by the Wessexes could hardly be missed from only a few feet away.
For them to literally look in the opposite direction is hard to justify and impolite no matter how you try to explain it.
i agree with you, i think at least the heirs have been taught before who is who, its a basic thing between royals to recognize other royals, if not for friendship, but at least to be polite, no matter which age you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Pranter[/B]]It's not really necessary anymore for the European Royals to 'know' each other...the practices of only marrying royalty has or is dying out as well.

There's no need for backup or support of each other nowdays...really royalty is pointless in this day and age, it's really just a people's love of tradition and history that keeps them supporting royal families.
thats two diferent situations, the marrying issue doesnt have anything to do with other relantionship that royals have between them.
mostly of them are family, 2nd or 3rd cousins (thats pretty close IMO) and in my opinion royalty is a very unique status that many cant have, its a long legacy, so what i mean is that many royals identify with other royals because they know what kind of life is to be called a royal, they share the same path, hardships and commitment.

i think i would rather be fast friends with a person i strongly identify for, a person who knows how i feel.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

thats two diferent situations, the marrying issue doesnt have anything to do with other relantionship that royals have between them.
mostly of them are family, 2nd or 3rd cousins (thats pretty close IMO) and in my opinion royalty is a very unique status that many cant have, its a long legacy, so what i mean is that many royals identify with other royals because they know what kind of life is to be called a royal, they share the same path, hardships and commitment.

i think i would rather be fast friends with a person i strongly identify for, a person who knows how i feel.
It has alot to do with the relationships between royals....the fact that royalty rarely marries royalty any longer is a big part of the reason they don't have closer relationships.

They don't need each other any longer and they aren't raised in the more isolated circles of royalty nowdays.

Because they can identify or empathize with each other on having to be a royal does not mean they have a familial view towards each other. For the most part they really are strangers to each other.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 733
Look like Catherine, William and Carl Philip did greet each other Press Association Images
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,386
I don't think William and Catherine were being deliberately rude - that seems out of character to me. But part of recognition is expecting to see someone or recognition is instant because you know or have met them often. Neither of these really apply. The pic of Danial walking past is a good example. Imagine you are Catherine chatting away to your hosts or you husband and a dark haired man in glasses talking to his companion walks past. Instant recognition - I don't think so!

These 2 do not mix in royal circles outside of the BRF. They would probably recognise Fred and Mary but that's it. It's Edward and Sophie who have got to know them all really well. As for saying, they were at the wedding - well that is the only time they have met some of the royals and I doubt if the faces would have stuck in the memory banks. There was a lot going on that day.

My question is - is it all W&C's fault or should the other royal(s) have made the first move?

Or is this not really a story at all?
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
...
My question is - is it all W&C's fault or should the other royal(s) have made the first move?

Or is this not really a story at all?
I believe it's a non-story.
However, why should have any of the foreign royals made the first step? William and Kate (Britain) are the hosts, not them.
If the games were in Sweden, I'm pretty sure they would have made the first move and greeted all the British royals in attendance.
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:01 AM
anele14's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 364
and who are mary

and who are felipe and letizia
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
I have just never understood why on earth anyone should think that it's important or in any way beneficial for royals to spend time together. The UK and Sweden, Netherlands, Norway etc. are allies and have been for a long time. Those diplomatic relationships don't really need improving or developing as they're already strong.

The BRF clearly prefer to socialise with their own friends, as opposed to foreign royals. I fail to see what's wrong with that. Members of other royal families get invited to the big British royal events, and the Queen always sends one of her children to their royal events.

Victoria and Daniel were invited to William's wedding because it's what was expected. Had W & K had the option of inviting only those whom they're close to, it's very unlikely that they would've been there. It's hardly surprising that William doesn't recognise all the 2,000 guests that attended his wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
and who are mary
Mary went back to Denmark Monday but she will be back next Tuesday
with Christian and Isabella.
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM
hkittybaby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 890
pic of Kate today
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...67_634x360.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 733
Did it have to be W, K & H that said hi to them? Couldn't D & CP say hi to them seeing as they were the one walking toward them and past them.

Since David Cameron was there did he say hi to them? (since GB is the host) or did Daniel and Carl Philip walk past him?
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:24 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
i agree with you, i think at least the heirs have been taught before who is who, its a basic thing between royals to recognize other royals, if not for friendship, but at least to be polite, no matter which age you have.


thats two diferent situations, the marrying issue doesnt have anything to do with other relantionship that royals have between them.
mostly of them are family, 2nd or 3rd cousins (thats pretty close IMO) and in my opinion royalty is a very unique status that many cant have, its a long legacy, so what i mean is that many royals identify with other royals because they know what kind of life is to be called a royal, they share the same path, hardships and commitment.

i think i would rather be fast friends with a person i strongly identify for, a person who knows how i feel.
ITA, fostering good relations with other royals is important. Muhler is absolutely right as well IMO. Although, I will said that since Sophie greeted them it was on her make the introductions to W, C & H. It could just have been that they dont' know each on sight.IMO what all of these royals so is a quasi-diplomatic role so the fact that there are other "diplomats" around and you don't acknowledge them is unfortunate (I put the on Daniel and Carl Phillip too but GB is the host country). I really enjoy see the other royal houses share such warm relationships and it's disappointing the the British don't seem to feel the need to have relationships with the other houses. Also, I tend to associate the British this the best of manors but I guess I should reassess that bias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
and who are felipe and letizia
They are the crown princely couple of Spain.
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
...in this situation, their warm greeting by the Wessexes could hardly be missed from only a few feet away.
For them to literally look in the opposite direction is hard to justify and impolite no matter how you try to explain it.
I have to agree with this. Especially given the fact that they are the host nation for the Games, why not go out of your way to welcome the dignitaries that are visiting? Especially if they're sitting practically next to you!?

I get why the members of the Firm are circumspect, but that looks like coldness sometimes. Not cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
AUGUST 03: Princess Ariane of the Netherlands and Willem-Alexander, Prince of Orange attend Equestrian events on Day 7 of the London 2012 Olympic Games at at Greenwich Park on August 3, 2012 in London, England.

prince august 3, 2012 - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Ariane had the cutest little face!!
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by anele14 View Post
and who are felipe and letizia
If you mean where are Felipe and Letizia and when they will come to the Olympics, they will attend the closing ceremony. Possibly, if the spanish teams are in finals, they will arrive a couple of days earlier. They have an official work event in Mallorca on the 8th August.
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
I have just never understood why on earth anyone should think that it's important or in any way beneficial for royals to spend time together. The UK and Sweden, Netherlands, Norway etc. are allies and have been for a long time. Those diplomatic relationships don't really need improving or developing as they're already strong.

The BRF clearly prefer to socialise with their own friends, as opposed to foreign royals. I fail to see what's wrong with that. Members of other royal families get invited to the big British royal events, and the Queen always sends one of her children to their royal events.

Victoria and Daniel were invited to William's wedding because it's what was expected. Had W & K had the option of inviting only those whom they're close to, it's very unlikely that they would've been there. It's hardly surprising that William doesn't recognise all the 2,000 guests that attended his wedding.
I agree that we shouldn't make mountains out of molehills, but I do think it's important for royals to at least appear friendly, welcoming, and cordial with each other. If only because it's the nice thing to do.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 733
This photo show William and Kate talking to Carl Philip so why is this an issue?Press Association Images

And since when are William, Kate and Harry hosting anything?
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
This photo show William and Kate talking to Carl Philip so why is this an issue?Press Association Images

And since when are William, Kate and Harry hosting anything?
They represent the host country, so it would be polite to learn to recognize the dignitaries and other royals that sit at the VIP-box. And aren't they Olympic ambassadors?
Maybe Carl Philip decided to say Hello so strongly that William and Kate had to react to that? William seems quite astonished.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Carl Philip talking to a mystery lady at the swimming arena
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...43998356704347
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...43998356704347
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010080...43998356704347
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 733
How many dignitatries are there? About 1,000? Do you expected them to know all these people?

I'm sorry, the person walking by you and past you should be the one to say hi.
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
They represent the host country, so it would be polite to learn to recognize the dignitaries and other royals that sit at the VIP-box. And aren't they Olympic ambassadors?
No, they're not Olympics ambassadors. They're ambassadors for Team GB, which is a very different thing.

How on earth would it be possible for William, Kate and Harry, to recognise every dignitary and official they come across? What do we expect them to do, sit at Kensington Palace studying up on everyone they might possibly meet?

Failing to recognise someone is not impolite. British royals are always polite and welcoming when they meet other royals, as was clear at the Queen's Jubilee lunch for foreign royals. Posters here seem to have been much more annoyed by this than Daniel or C-P were.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll gothia cup grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises