The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Courtier

Prince Daniel Of Sweden And Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden

Saw this photo and thought Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Eugenie would make a nice couple.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
James breaks my heart, he is such a dude. Those sunglasses were adorable, and the little image and him and Louise making faces at each other were the cutest images. What adorable little children.

Love all the images of the Royals at the cycling, especially their celebration!
James absolutely rocked those sun glasses, and Louise looked very chic in her pink frames as well. They're very cute kids, and were definitely enjoying themselves. So glad Louise got to see an equestrian event, since she enjoys riding.

Great pictures of all the royals, but the ones of William and Catherine being affectionate are my favorites.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Those things can be managed since neither the Princess nor the Princes in question are in immediate line to the throne.
In the case of Felix of Luxembourg, he is directly after his brother Guillaume who of course is currently Hereditary Grand Duke, engaged to be married in a couple of months. Until Guillaume and Comtesse Stephanie de Lannoy marry and produce a healthy, living heir, who Felix marries is of immense importance.

Speaking of Guillaume and Stephanie, they are officially my Favorite Royal Couple for the foreseeable future...how adorable they are, always trying to match their clothing together!

I have never seen Guillaume so happy and joyful.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

So unfortunately my hands are tied for tomorrow. The events are far too early for me to do updates but here's what William Kate and Harry's schedule looks like for tomorrow.

August 3rd:
Harry and William will attend the equestrian event at 11:00am BST, 3:00am PST/6:00am EST

The Duke and Duchess will head down to watch the swimming competition. This runs at 10:00am BST with the final at 20:09 BST/12:09 pm PST/3:09 pm EST

Now since William and Harry will be at the equestrian event at 11:00am and the swimming competition begins at 10:00am I'm assuming they won't head down their till later in the afternoon.
All this will be streamed live on usagoals.com

And on August 4th the Duchess of Cambridge is scheduled to visit GBR's field hockey team. Their match takes place at 4:00pm BST/8:00am PST/11:00am EST
This will be shown on BBC 3 and I'm guessing will be streamed on usagoals.com and tvpc.com

ETA: I was right the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be at the medal presentation of the swimming competition
Quote:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals Royal Olympic Friday: Expect William & Harry for equestrian dressage in am (starts 11:00). Will & Kate for swimming medals (19:30) #olympics
Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel and Carl Philip at the velodrome yesterday, they were greeted by Edward and Sophie.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...iA4w4/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...rKbP4/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...3U7LN/610x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Rff2X/x610.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Kk2be/x610.jpg

Daniel, Carl Philip, Willem-Alexander and Maxima at swimming competitions.
Kuninkaallinen poskisuudelma uintikatsomossa | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
They had met also earlier
http://daserste.ndr.de/royalty/gross...ardgalerie.jpg

Daniel and Carl Philip, very happy when swedish Håkan Dahlby got silver.
http://kuvakauppa.lehtikuva.fi/edori...da4ae5b871a8d7
Old 08-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Prince Daniel Of Sweden And Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden

Saw this photo and thought Prince Carl Phillip and Princess Eugenie would make a nice couple.
PERFECT COUPLE!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

In these pictures, unfortunately it looks like Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip were truly snubbed in public by the Waleses…
...who even avoid eye contact and appear to ignore the two completely despite a warm greeting from the Wessexes next to them.
IMHO this is rather embarrassing and inexplicable too – CP Victoria and Prince Daniel did attend the Wales wedding after all.
The series of pics:
http://s8.postimage.org/so42x0iid/Ne...hree681624.jpg
http://s17.postimage.org/qmyiozwb3/N...hree681625.jpg
http://s9.postimage.org/4mzhkedtb/Ne...hree681648.jpg
Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Neither William nor Harry have ever shown the slightest interest in other royals or mingled with them. I doubt it makes a difference that other royals, like the swedish ones were wedding guests, they were to W&K in the category "must invite for protocol" like 95% of the other guests.

The Wessex' couple is the one that got the job to mingle with others and to attend royal gatherings.

An emotional Princess Charlene of Monaco watches close friend Chad Le Clos swim to gold for South Africa | Mail Online

I LOVE these pictures of Charlene showing her emotions, she is a true sport lover and enthusiast, we've seen too many of those royals attending picking their nose or falling asleep. So refreshing to see.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

That's not true Wills and Harry didn't snub the Swedish royals and this pic proves it. William is smiling at Daniel. Ok Harry's reaction is not what I expected but still

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/149...VDoW%2bQ%3d%3d

Anyways while her husband and brother in law watch equestrian Kate is making an appearance at Team Gb's hockey match and athletics
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge will cheer on heptathlete Jessica Ennis this morning, among others, and watch Team GB v Pakistan at the hockey.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter The Duchess of Cambridge is off to the athletics, then the hockey before joining her husband at the swimming later.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Swedish media wrote already a couple of days ago that William, Kate and Harry didn't react to Daniel and Carl Philip in any way when they came across each other when they all attended the equestrian. William, Kate and Harry watched to other direction when Daniel and Carl Philip came close, according to the swedish media.
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/vii...max555x555.jpg

Daniel and Carl Philip yesterday at swimming arena
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020...43986847706005
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010020...43986847706005

Daniel and Carl Philip yesterday at Men's double trap
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0139161546.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0139161544.jpg
http://www.profimedia.cz/fotografie/...0139161545.jpg
Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

Lovely pictures of Louise and James. How cute, with those sunglasses.!
Itīs a shame that William and Harry are indifferent to other royals. But I have noticed they never attended wedings or christenings with the exception of William at Constantineīs (he was the godfather).
Itīs not a nice image since all the others royals present with no exceptions greet each other with lots of smiles.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Heir Apparent

They hardly know each other, I would imagine it is rather uncomfortable for all parties involved that they are supposed to pretend some sort of 'kinship'....kinda like when you have relatives that you've seen twice in your life, it's always awkward.

LaRae
Old 08-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
That's not true Wills and Harry didn't snub the Swedish royals and this pic proves it. William is smiling at Daniel. Ok Harry's reaction is not what I expected but still

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/149...VDoW%2bQ%3d%3d
Sorry, that picture is not a proof.
If you look closer, you will notice that Daniel is passing the man in the red T-shirt. As such William and Harry are both looking past Daniel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They hardly know each other, I would imagine it is rather uncomfortable for all parties involved that they are supposed to pretend some sort of 'kinship'....kinda like when you have relatives that you've seen twice in your life, it's always awkward.

LaRae
You are probably right. In this particular case I believe William and Harry simply didn't recognice Daniel and Carl Phillip.
As the younger British royals, as far as I know, are not in the habit of mingling with the younger continental royals they would know, let alone recognice, only a few. Probably with the exception of the various CP-couples.

That subject has been debated before and I still think it's the BRF's loss, as the continental royals benefit a lot from knowing other and exchanging experiences from others in the same situation. - Not least those who marry into royal families benefit a lot.

---------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterB View Post
According to the article he is saying: "Itīs always fun to see the first participants in competiton"
I would be like a fish on a bicycle without you, FasterB.

Fixed.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Courtier

I read that Kate will cheer on heptathlete Jessica Ennis this morning and watch Team GB v Pakistan at the hockey. She will join William at the swimming later
Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are probably right. In this particular case I believe William and Harry simply didn't recognice Daniel and Carl Phillip.
As the younger British royals, as far as I know, are not in the habit of mingling with the younger continental royals they would know, let alone recognice, only a few. Probably with the exception of the various CP-couples.

That subject has been debated before and I still think it's the BRF's loss, as the continental royals benefit a lot from knowing other and exchanging experiences from others in the same situation. - Not least those who marry into royal families benefit a lot.

---------------------------------------------

I would be like a fish on a bicycle without you, FasterB.

Fixed.

It's not really necessary anymore for the European Royals to 'know' each other...the practices of only marrying royalty has or is dying out as well.

There's no need for backup or support of each other nowdays...really royalty is pointless in this day and age, it's really just a people's love of tradition and history that keeps them supporting royal families.

Does anyone in a modern country still believe there is some sort of divine right given to them (a royal family) by God to be a King or Queen?

LaRae
Old 08-03-2012, 07:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It's not really necessary anymore for the European Royals to 'know' each other...the practices of only marrying royalty has or is dying out as well.

There's no need for backup or support of each other nowdays...really royalty is pointless in this day and age, it's really just a people's love of tradition and history that keeps them supporting royal families.

Does anyone in a modern country still believe there is some sort of divine right given to them (a royal family) by God to be a King or Queen?

LaRae
Has anyone for the past couple of centuries believed in the divine right of royalty?

No, modern royalty is a part of the national and cultural fabric of nation. Living symbols. An anchor point in times of change and a rallying point in times of crisis.
It takes time to build up such a status.

However the roles of royals, even secondary royals, are unique. They cannot be compared to celebrities let alone politicians, who are temporary.
The royal families have to and have had to adapt to changes in the societies.
That's why I sincerely believe it's beneficial for royals, also secondary royals, to mingle.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

because royals are chosing to marry for love for the same reason in the future royals might marry royals

Quote:

LaRae
Old 08-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

August 3 Programme for the Danish royals

Quote:
HM The Queen:
Cycling, track, in the Velodrome, The Olympic Park, at approx. 17.15 hrs. (tentatively)

Swimming in Aquatics Centre, The Olympic Park, at approx 19.40 hrs. (tentatively)

Handball (Women), Denmark - Norway, in The Olympic Park at 21.15 hrs. (tentatively)

HRH The Crown Prince:
Cycling, track, in the Velodrome, The Olympic Park, at approx. 16.00 hrs.
Presentation of medals at the finals in track cycling (Men's Team Pursuit), Velodrome, The Olympic Park.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems a lot of Royals will be at the Swimming this evening, as William, Catherine, Sophie, Edward and Queen Margrethe are due to attend. I would imagine Harry will attend, as will Beatrice and Eugenie and Willem-A and Maxima (if they are still here?)
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Has anyone for the past couple of centuries believed in the divine right of royalty?

No, modern royalty is a part of the national and cultural fabric of nation. Living symbols. An anchor point in times of change and a rallying point in times of crisis.
It takes time to build up such a status.

However the roles of royals, even secondary royals, are unique. They cannot be compared to celebrities let alone politicians, who are temporary.
The royal families have to and have had to adapt to changes in the societies.
That's why I sincerely believe it's beneficial for royals, also secondary royals, to mingle.
I can only agree full-heartedly here.
In addition, it's not like there were a few hundred reigning European Royal Houses left to keep track of; the Swedish Princes are actually equal respectively higher in rank than the young Waleses; and in this situation, their warm greeting by the Wessexes could hardly be missed from only a few feet away.
For them to literally look in the opposite direction is hard to justify and impolite no matter how you try to explain it.

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012