The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Commoner

Does anyone know why Prince Charles hasn't been around yet?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMarie14 View Post
Does anyone know why Prince Charles hasn't been around yet?
Charles was at the start of the mens cycle race. He has also been undertaking regular royal engagements in Scotland. Not everything comes to a halt because of the Olympics.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Commoner

FYI for tomorrow's schedule, Andy Murray plays Nicolas Almagro (ESP) tomorrow at Noon/7am EDT/4am PDT. I am guessing this is where we'll see William and Kate, probably closer to 11:30-11:45am, (6:30-6:45 am EDT).Thursday 2nd August: The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge will attend Tennis at Wimbledon.

Olympic Program:

Friday 27th July: The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the opening ceremony in Olympic Park.

Saturday 28th July: Sunday the 29th July: The Duke Of Cambridge will attend an Equestrian event on ONE of these days.

Monday 30th July: Prince Harry will attend the 10m Diving at the Olympic Park.

Thursday 2nd August: The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge will attend Tennis at Wimbledon.

Friday 3rd August: The Duke Of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the Equestrian Dressage at Greenwich.

Friday 3rd August: The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge will attend swimming at Olympic Park.

Saturday 4th August: The Duchess Of Cambridge will attend Hockey at the Olympic Park.

Sunday 5th August: The Duchess Of Cambridge will attend Gymnastics at the Olympic Park.

Sunday 5th August: The Duke and Duchess Of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend Athletics at the Olympic Park.

Monday 6th August: The Duchess will attend the sailing at Weymouth.

Wednesday 8th August: Prince Harry will attend the Beach Volleyball at Horseguards Parade.

Thursday 9th August: The Duchess Of Cambridge will attend Synchronized Swimming at the Olympic Park.

Thursday 9th August: Prince Harry will attend the Athletics at Olympic Park.

Sunday 12th August: The Duchess Of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend the closing ceremony at Olympic Park.

Prince Guillaume Of Luxembourg & Princess Tessy Of Luxembourg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...15012970_a.jpg

Crown Princess Mary & Prince Frederik of Denmark

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...05999207_n.jpg
Prince Carl Philip Of Sweden & Prince Daniel & Crown Princess Victoria Of Sweden
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...91001516_n.jpg
Old 08-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Charlene and Prince Albert attended the night session of swimming on August 1, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** zimbio/gettyimages: Olympics Day 5 - Swimming **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Olympics - Day 5 - Royals at the Olympics **

And here are some more galleries of the previous days:

** pp: JO - Princesse Victoria : Forfait avec Estelle, Daniel et Carl Philip bien là ! **

** pp: JO - La princesse Charlene, survoltée comme jamais, goûte l'or avec Chad le Clos **
Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 AM
Aristocracy

I caught a glimpse of the Duke of Kent on NBC's coverage of the Women's Gymnastics Team Final. Of course, NBC didn't know who he was, but I recognized him!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

According to @RoyalReporter, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expected at Wimbledon today, where Andy Murray takes on Spain's Nicolas Almagro.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Courtier

British Royals@britishroyals
Twitter world reporting that William & Kate have arrived in Wimbledon to cheer on Andy Murray as @TeamGB ambassadors #olympics #tennis

Camilla Tominey@CamillaTominey
William and Kate have just arrived at #wimbledon to watch #andymurray Kate in royal blue dress

Camilla Tominey@CamillaTominey
The Cambridges got an enormous cheer on their arrival at Court Number 1, where #andymurray is playing Nicholas Almagro in the QFs #olympics

W&K ate Wimbledon today
https://twitter.com/finnlar/status/2...361728/photo/1
https://twitter.com/finnlar/status/2...356224/photo/1

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
Prince Harry is meeting Canadian athletes and officials at Team Canada House.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

BBC 3 are showing the match at Wimbledon, we're still in the warm-up. Big cheer by the crowd just now as William and Kate take their seats. Kate's wearing a royal blue dress (I assume, I could only see them from the waist up) with a black blazer.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

More photos of Daniel and Carl Philip at Olympics
Prinsessa Victoria perui viime hetkellä olympiamatkan | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi
Old 08-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

While Kate and William are at Wimbledon, Harry is doing some Commonwealth duty: he's meeting Canadian athletes and officials at Team Canada House.
Picture of Prince Harry at Team Canada House (courtesy of @thescottyo and @whoisbobbparris):
- Prince Harry
- Harry cerebrating with Canadian athletes

William and Kate today at Wimbledon:
- William and Kate 1
- William and Kate 2
- William and Kate 3

Gallery from Getty
Gallery from Daylife
Old 08-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Frederik is giving medals to the men's lightweight finalists. Denmarks is bronze and gb silver
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie, Louise and James are at the Individual dressage. Images on isopix.be. I am on my phone so i can't link.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Courtier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...er-finals.html
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

William isn't there next week as he's back on duty at RAF Valley.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #31, 2012.
Mary og Frederik i legehumør - Mary and Frederik in playful mood.
Written by our London correspondent Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who caught up with M&F when they on the first day of the Olympics visited the Olympic village, where the athletes are housed. They posed for a few photos while acting playful and being almost giggly.

Frederik: "You can have a couple of pictures but then it has to be over here. With the proper background and not over there at the garbage cans".

Q: You have just been to Aquatics Center to watch swimming and how was it to be at the first competition with Danes in action?
F: "It was fun to be at swimming today. It's always fun to see the first participants in a competition. (*) It was fun to see the Danes put the grab (slang for hand) in the water for the first time".

Q: You were very active on the stands today but it's a long Olympics. Do you think you will last all the way as Olympicporters? (**)
Mary: "Olympicporters.... that's a funny name. But you have to hold out all the way", she said to Frederik.
As an IOC member Frederik will stay in London throughout the Olympics, while Mary now has gone back to DK.
F: "Yes, I have to hold out all the way, and I will. I think there is plenty of good atmosphere/spirit left. I have good expectations and the excitement will be turned up".

Q: What do you think of the London Olympics so far?
M: "So far I think that it turns out to be very promising. And it will be a big experience in many different ways. It was an outstanding opening yesterday with lots of good British humour and delights for the eyes, so that was really good".

Q: What do you think of Queen Elizabeth's talent as actress in the segment during the opening ceremony with the James Bond-actor Daniel Craig?
M: "That was well done. Really great. It was good that she was in on it/that she was game".
F: "That was really well done. Yes, that was grand. Can't get any better".

Saturday evening M&F watched the Danish handball ladies in a match again Sweden and Mary was observed leaning her head against Frederik's shoulder for a brief power-nap. (I believe there are photos of that moment somewhere).

M&F were not the only ones from the DRF cheering the Danish athletes. Queen Margrethe, who has never shown much interest, let alone knowledge about sports in general, is not one to hold back when it's time for cheering alongside Princess Benedikte, Prince Henrik not to mention Master of Ceremonies, Christian Eugen Olsen and the Chief of Court, Christian Schønau, who all have a much more keen insight into sports. She applauded, shouted and cheered as the rest of them when they watched the handball match, where Mary had a brief shut-eye.
One of the Danish spectators, who were equally busy keeping an eye on the game as wel as on the royal cheerleaders, said afterwards: "It's cool that the royals will support the girls", and added that the royals gave the other spectators extra energy to cheer the Danish team.

Another article mentions that the Belgian CP-couple, Philippe and Mathilde went to see the musical The Lion King, with their four children.
As for the CP-couples in general, it was basically one big gettogether. M&F were observed having a good time with the CP-couples from Luxembourg, Norway and the Netherlands. Mary appears to have developed a rapport with Charlene of Monaco.

(*) No, I don't know what he means either.

(**) Actually OLigans. Wordplay on roligans, which is the name for the Danish predominanty soccer supporters. The very loud, festive and very peaceful supporters that is.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel and Carl Philip are now watching Men's Double Trap and swedish Håkan Dahlby.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter
After Murray's match, Will and Kate watched the first set of the Djokovic-Tsonga match that will decide his semi-final opponent.

Mark Stewart@RegalEyes
Another amazing #Olympic #Gold from Peter Wilson in shooting. Watched by the Princess Royal, husband Tim and daughter in law Autumn Phillips
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

From what i can see on TV Princess Anne and Tim with i think Princess Beatrice are at the shooting competition where Peter Wilson the British competitor is leading

Old 08-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Did Nathalie SWB ride in Grand Prix Dressage for Denmark today? I see that Denmark is currently 2nd in team standings behind Team GB but did not see her listed amongst the competitors. Perhaps she is in tomorrows groupings?

Tags
olympics, prince william, princess catherine, royals, royals at the olympics, royals at the olympics 2012