The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Serene Highness

Geeeercooo!

OMG yeaaaah Gerco for silver! He's such a fantastic rider, so happy right now I'm shaking.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

first Medal for Morocco yesterday on 1500m it was the time
i was amazed by Sally Pearson she is so strong.
Football: Mexico can play their first olympic final against Brazil sound intersting

Old 08-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Abdalaati Iguider and Morocco!

@ Empress Merel - Gerco Schroder did really well! I caught the end of the jump off (though not, unfortunately, the entire event); both Guerdat and Schroder were near-perfect.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Congratulations to Abdalaati Iguider and Morocco!
thanks Artemisia,he is on the final of 5000m too so let's cross our fingers this time i hope a gold medal
Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Good luck to him! A gold medal would be terrific.
Morocco's last Olympic gold medal was in Men's 5000m as well (Hicham El Guerrouj at 2004 Olympic Games in Athens), so I'd take that as a good omen.

By the way, congratulations to Ireland with their first medal at London Olympics as well (bronze for Cian O'Connorin Individual Jumping).
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Good luck to him! A gold medal would be terrific.
Morocco's last Olympic gold medal was in Men's 5000m as well (Hicham El Guerrouj at 2004 Olympic Games in Athens), so I'd take that as a good omen.
it was double Gold medals for El Guerrouj on 2004(1500m and 5000m)...OH that was wonderful days with El Guerrouj he is a legend
Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Serene Highness

So this was it; Anky and Salinero, together for the last time. Had tears in my eyes. What a champ, that horse.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Best of luck to Ireland's Katie Taylor later this afternoon in her bid for an Olympic gold medal .
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Oh man, that was tense!
Adelinde's kur was soooo good. Love the music aswell. She came from far, just 5 years ago she was still teaching English in high school. And a year later a reserve in Beijing. Well done to Adelinde and Parzival!

And I loooove Valegro. Such a beauty. Apart from that error in the end, her kur was great. I'm surprised she scored 90% though. 90% is the level of Totilas, I don't feel like she reached that. Close, but not completely.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte Dujardin is a total marvel. Just to put her 2 gold medals in these Games in perspective - Charlotte dropped out of a bog standard comprehensive school in Enfield at the age of 16. She got a job at Carl Hester's stables mucking out and cleaning up. The other riders realised she had once in a lifetime potential and a few short years later she's got 2 gold medals.

Dressage, and equestrianism in general, has a reputation as a sport for the elite and the extremely wealthy. Charlotte has put paid to that stereotype, in the UK at least.

A word also for Laura Bechtolsheimer with a wonderful bronze. Which means Team GB now have 50 medals!

Gold number 24 for Team GB as Nicola Adams becomes the first female gold medalist in boxing.

Well done to her, although I personally feel boxing should not be part of the Olympics.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I was glued to the screen during the entire Individual Dressage.
Charlotte Dujardin was absolutely phenomenal. She competed last - and after other riders showed some pretty impressive results, so I guess Charlotte was under a lot of pressure. But boy, did she deliver! Her score of 90.089 is, if I'm not mistaken, one of the highest scores in Individual Dressage in many years.

Adelinde Cornelissen from the Netherlands was brilliant too and finished with a score of 88.196: I was really afraid that very high score might put Dujardin off, but she was very composed. Laura Bechtolsheimer, also from Britain, came third with a score of 84.334 - also a beautiful riding.
Needless to say, Valegro, Parzival and Mistral Hojris were all absolutely brilliant as well.

Felt a bit bad for Helen Langehanenberg though; she came fourth with a score of 84.303 - just 0.031 behind Laura.

Congratulations to Team GB!
This double triumph means Britain has 50 medals, including 23 gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Gold number 24 for Team GB as Nicola Adams becomes the first female gold medalist in boxing.
Well done to her, although I personally feel boxing should not be part of the Olympics.
Wow, congratulations to Nicola Adams! It was a bit unexpected because Cancan Ren was a strong favourite.
That means 51 medals, including 24 gold, for Team GB!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Katie Taylor just got Gold with DOCam watching.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Katie Taylor and to Ireland with their first gold medal!
A picture of Katie celebrating her well-deserved victory.

A pretty good day for the British Isles.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

American Claressa Schields wins gold in middleweight boxing.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I was glued to the screen during the entire Individual Dressage.
Charlotte Dujardin was absolutely phenomenal. She competed last - and after other riders showed some pretty impressive results, so I guess Charlotte was under a lot of pressure. But boy, did she deliver! Her score of 90.089 is, if I'm not mistaken, one of the highest scores in Individual Dressage in many years.

Adelinde Cornelissen from the Netherlands was brilliant too and finished with a score of 88.196: I was really afraid that very high score might put Dujardin off, but she was very composed. Laura Bechtolsheimer, also from Britain, came third with a score of 84.334 - also a beautiful riding.
Needless to say, Valegro, Parzival and Mistral Hojris were all absolutely brilliant as well.

Felt a bit bad for Helen Langehanenberg though; she came fourth with a score of 84.303 - just 0.031 behind Laura.

Congratulations to Team GB!
This double triumph means Britain has 50 medals, including 23 gold.
Scoring above 90% has only been done by one combination; which is Edward Gal and Moorlands Totilas who scored around 92-93% in 2010. I don't know the exact numbers. Edward is now riding Undercover, after Totilas was sold to Germany. (Of all countries to sell it to, it had to be mf Germany)

And you mentioned the three horses, Salinero was brilliant too. Majestic animal.

It's been a good Olympics for all the Dutch breeders. Many of the most succesful horses were bred and/or trained here. Valegro included!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Great world record on 800 meters by David Rudisha! He did the whole run himself without help, unbelievable!
Old 08-09-2012, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
Great world record on 800 meters by David Rudisha! He did the whole run himself without help, unbelievable!
I'm confused, do 800m runners usually have help?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I'm confused, do 800m runners usually have help?
I meant that he lead from the start to the finish and he didn't have any paid help runners, as usually in these world record runs in Diamond League etc. It is very rare that on these long distance runs someone leads from the start and makes a world record without any help runners that lead the first lap.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well that was obvious, Bolt gets his 4th gold defending his two titles with the 200m.

I do love Wenlock!! He keeps trying to give Bolt teddy bears.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Went on the Medal site and saw someone had 81 medals; I thought well that's it China wins....turns out it was the US! Yay!
When is thi all over, my heart can't take much more.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012