2012 Paralympic Games in London, August 29 - September 9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got photos of a couple of royals giving out medals from my seats at the Paralympic games both yesterday and today.

Prince Daniel of Sweden

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

The Earl of Wessex (from a very very long way away!)

I watched the ceremony and he was very respectful. He crossed his hands low on his chest and bowed. This is a real mark of respect. I was impressed at the time. Creating issues where they dont exist also creates divides which we really do not need.

Agreed.:previous: You were respectful of his tradition and faith. What could possibly be offensive about that?

Yea, I really see absolutely nothing in the story about her student that could be construed as offensive to anyone in any way.

Reactions: csw
I got photos of a couple of royals giving out medals from my seats at the Paralympic games both yesterday and today.

Prince Daniel of Sweden

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

The Earl of Wessex (from a very very long way away!)

Well done! Thanks for sharing. :)

Harry at goalball today
2012 London Paralympics - Day 6 - Goalball - Pictures - Zimbio

and at swimming
Prince Harry Pictures - 2012 London Paralympics - Day 6 - Swimming - Zimbio
surrounded by women and loving it....

He's such a charming guy :wub::wub::wub:

Great pictures! Henry's definitely at ease around people (especially the opposite gender :D).

It's great that he allows his 'fans' take a picture with him. Definitely points in my book. As for the Cambridges, I think they go on tour next week. It's going to be a rather packed agenda for them too.

That has probably been the most upsetting thing I have read all day! When I saw some schools go back today I was deeply disappointed that Louise would not be making another appearance again. What a shame as she brought such sunshine to the events she attended!

Completely agree about Lady Louise. She is such a smiley and happy little girl and it's a joy to see pictures of her. It's great that she was able to attend some of the Paralympic events and spend some time with her cousins from both sides of the family. Hopefully we'll see her soon.

I wish I could have attended some events, I am quite jealous of those who have attended and even more jealous that you got to see some of our Royals present medals. :)

Frederik is so darn handsome, I love his fashion sense and his salt and pepper hair. He and Haakon are by the most handsome Crown-Princes around.

I do love the images some of the photographers have captured at these games. They managed to get the Royals at the most amusing of times.

Sophie was caught in amusing images this afternoon when watching the Wheelchair Rugby.

http://s02.imageupper.com/1_t/9/J13468621041462761_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1_t/9/J13468621041462761_1.jpg

I think Sophie gets the award for the British Royals as most enthusiastic spectator at these Paralympic's. Her reactions are priceless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Frederik is so darn handsome, I love his fashion sense and his salt and pepper hair. He and Haakon are by the most handsome Crown-Princes around.

I do love the images some of the photographers have captured at these games. They managed to get the Royals at the most amusing of times.

Sophie was caught in amusing images this afternoon when watching the Wheelchair Rugby.

http://s02.imageupper.com/1_t/9/J13468621041462761_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1_t/9/J13468621041462761_1.jpg

I think Sophie gets the award for the British Royals as most enthusiastic spectator at these Paralympic's. Her reactions are priceless.

Yes, Frederik is quite a handsome man, in a distinguished and sophisticated sort of way. Sophie's facial expressions crack me up. Her enthusiasm is quite contagions.

The Earl and the Countess of Wessex have attended the 2012 Paralympic Ball at Grosvenor House Hotel this evening, September 5, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

That shade of pink is very becoming on Sophie.

Molly2101 said:
Thanks, my particular favourites are when Sophie has folder her arms and is leaning on the barrier. "This is my bored face." And then the images where she has her arms folded but her facial expressions say, "Oh, no you didn't!"

Love it! Sophie's facial expressions are priceless.

Swedish gold medalist, swimmer Maja Reichard tells at her blog, that she had dinner with prince Daniel (there were other medalists too), which was very nice, he presented Maja's gold medal in the swimming pool at the ceremony which was very cool. Daniel was very nice and down to earth person, he was easy to talk to.
Maja Reichard: Glädjen försvinner inte

Princess Eugenie is at the Athletic's this evening. Saw her as the camera panned across her, though no images available as yet.

EDIT: Eugenie is presenting the medals for the Men's 100m T46, she is stunningly pretty and definitely the prettiest of the Queen's grand daughters. The Princess Royal and her husband Sir Tim Laurence were watching their niece present the medals.

Last edited:
Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex at Sailing events

gallery> Postimage.org / gallery - 20120906 PD5721, 20120906 PD5722, 20120906 PD5723, 20120906 PD5725

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Countess+Wessex+2012+London+Paralympics+Day+Uwgg3oFljk0x.jpg
http://postimage.org/image/erkop9fcf/

Princess Eugenie is at the Athletic's this evening. Saw her as the camera panned across her, though no images available as yet.

EDIT: Eugenie is presenting the medals for the Men's 100m T46, she is stunningly pretty and definitely the prettiest of the Queen's grand daughters. The Princess Royal and her husband Sir Tim Laurence were watching their niece present the medals.

:previous:
Getty Images - Search: GBR: Royals At The London 2012 Paralympic Games

Swedish gold medalist, swimmer Maja Reichard tells at her blog, that she had dinner with prince Daniel (there were other medalists too), which was very nice, he presented Maja's gold medal in the swimming pool at the ceremony which was very cool. Daniel was very nice and down to earth person, he was easy to talk to.
Maja Reichard: Glädjen försvinner inte

Daniel strikes me as someone that would be very easy to talk to and get along with. What a great memory to have.

Ahh, Edward's funky ties come into play again :D. Wonder if the kiddos helped him pick it out this morning.

I don't think no one really pays attention to the paralympics
And why not? The extraordinary athletes of the Paralympics are featured online, in print and on television every day. Just look back at this thread and see all the attention. The people competing are athletes and have been getting attention for their accomplishments.

Last edited:
Here in Finland we have seen some of the events live in TV, for instance when the biggest star of the finnish Paralympic Team, Leo-Pekka Tähti, won his fourth gold medal. We have 2 or 3 television broadcastings a day. And there are many hours live at the website of the finnish TV-company.
All the finnish athletes have been interviewed after their competitions, we have seen the medal ceremonies and the medal parties. We have also seen all the "big names" and the most successful and interesting events even though the finnish athletes didn't succeed in them.
The press has been writing quite much about the paralympics.
Of course the media coverage isn't the same as the olympics have, but the people in Finland pay a lot of attention to the paralympics. At least me and my co-workers speak a lot of the paralympics every day, almost all of them are watching the games.

Here in South Africa there is both huge interest and great coverage of the Paralympics. There is about 12 hours of TV coverage every day, featuring a wide range of sporting codes. Of course our big stars Oscar Pistorius and Nathalie du Toit have been doing well and have received much attention. We are in awe of the dedication and perseverance of these athletes...just proves what the human spirit is capable of!!

Thank you for the image links, it's so lovely to see Edward and Sophie at the Games. I also think it's even cuter that they present the Medals and flowers together...They did it at the Rowing and have now done the same for the Sailing events. I wish these events were shown on TV.

Daria, Edward's tie I believe is the Paralympic Association tie, but I could be mistaken.

An Ard Ri said:
Well done to Ireland's Mark Rohan who claimed his second gold at the Paralympic Games,he's from my county of Westmeath so we're extra proud! :irelandflag:

Mark Rohan wins gold in hand cycling road race

Mark Rohan wins gold in hand cycling road race - RT News

Congratulations! Well done Ireland!

dbarn67 said:
Princess Eugenie presented medals yesterday at the Games.

http://i46.tinypic.com/140jc00.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/2d8p8o3.jpg

Lovely smile, horrid dress. I'm glad she's getting to do some royal duties.

Back
Top Bottom