2012 Paralympic Games in London, August 29 - September 9, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Opening Ceremony looks really lovely.
Athletes parade - Armenia will come soon (although we've only sent 2 or 3 athletes). :)

Hating the coverage by Channel 4 - evidence of why major events and sporting events should be covered by the BBC which has the power of presenters and history in covering these events.

Kate is wearing the coat that she wore to Zara's wedding and the wedding of Laura Parker Bowles.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing an old favourite, the pale gold DAY Birger et Mikkelsen coat dress worn previously to 3 weddings

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
The Queen has taken her place at the #Paralympics opening ceremony. Seated next to Prince Edward. Gave us a smile.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes
A huge cheer for HM the Queen as she makes a convential entrance to the Paralympic games & takes her place by the Earl & Countess of Wessex

British Royals ‏@britishroyals
Prince William & Kate seated with Princess Anne. Kate wearing a recycled cream/gold coat. This is the 3rd time I've seen her wear it.

A good cap from the broadcast
https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/646670171.png?key=460308&Expires=1346271292&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=F8Qv~b4IG-mjdrBUbsgGkAJofYZ~VNT2lfMeVysOnRJsWOntbX~gDH9WdW5iZJ0GBQci4Cyse847~NNS2hbvYIxnjEZy6ZFOzAkkFIyacfpmeTSR9YPe1kNvls8XpYUViUuJ4yzdRZECXdtEzow21DFW0s-f8oqE-pdyRa6pcIs_

Another one, this time behind the scenes pic of their arrival

Last edited:
Always the BBC, never any other channel!

I wish Krishnan Guru-Murthy would stop interrupting his Canadian co-commentator! So far Krishnan's done a pretty awful job of explaining things to us.

Armenia looking good, Artemisia!

I wish Krishnan Guru-Murthy would stop interrupting his Canadian co-commentator! So far Krishnan's done a pretty awful job of explaining things to us.

Armenia looking good, Artemisia!
Thank you. Just a couple of athletes but it's participation that matters. :)

Since our début (1996 in Summer Paralympics and1998 in Winter Paralympics), we've taken part in every single one. Never won a medal, but one of our athletes, Mher Avanesyan, is one of the few to have competed in both Summer and Winter Olympics.

Good luck to all the athletes: their spirit and resolution is amazing! :flowers:

Last edited:
Sir Stephen Hawking is to make a rare appearance, I'm so annoyed I'm missing this live!

He's already made his appearance, Lumutqueen, and just to prove how dense the British populations is, 'Steven Hawkins' immediately started trending on Twitter in the UK. :rolleyes:

I've only just noticed, no French this time!

Live coverage has just now started on german tv... probably missed a lot of the good stuff?

Anyway, i saw Her Majesty, so that's at least something :)

if she's not in the athletes-parade from belarus to chile... then no :)

you're being mean to me!:D
i meant in any coverage so far.. maybe in uk?

oh gettyimages has a photo with her. correct me if i'm wrong, i think she's wearing her ascot dress?

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:thank you:flowers:
i just think that the queen could have worn her oropax a little less obvious ;)

Last edited:
:previous:
True - and in a less bright colour. ;)
The noise must have been quite deafening though and she's an old lady, so I don't blame her.

- A picture of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Opening with a Big Bang! Disabled genius Stephen Hawking is the star turn at the London 2012 Paralympics Opening Ceremony
The Paralympic Games exploded with a Big Bang as Professor Stephen Hawking launched the Opening Ceremony in front of more than a billion viewers on an 'exquisite journey of discovery'. The cosmos guru, who has motor neurone disease, opened the spectacular in his unique and distinctive voice. Sir Ian McKellan then portrayed Prospero from the Tempest before Professor Hawking guided the audience through 'the wonders of science' in a variety of narratives inspired by his seminal tome A Brief History of Time. While his exact role has been kept a closely guarded secret in the build up to the extravaganza, it is known Mr Hawking will explore themes including 'empowerment' and 'challenging perceptions of human possibility
Over-use of "Big Bang" if there had ever been one. Yes, we know Stephen Hawking is "cosmos guru". What an inspirational man though!

Going for gold: The Duchess of Cambridge glitters at the Paralympic Opening Ceremony alongside husband William (but where's Harry?)
It will take more than a few delays and downpours to stop the royal family showing their sporting support. Tonight just over two weeks after the world class closing ceremony of the 2012 Olympics Queen Elizabeth and her family took their places back in East London's Olympic arena to celebrate the opening of the 14th Paralympic Games. Arriving with the President of the Paralympic Committee Queen Elizabeth said: 'It is with tremendous pride that the people of London and the United Kingdom welcome the world to the London 2012 Paralympic Games.

you're being mean to me!:D
i meant in any coverage so far.. maybe in uk?

well, there she was :flowers:

how dumb am i... i just noticed now that the dresses of the ladies with the name-umbrellas are in the colors of the countries.....

okay, i'll shut up now and just pay attention for once :)

My word, they're making the GB Paralympians wear the same much-derided chavvy white and gold Next tracksuits that they had the Olympians wear. I mean, Stella McCartney, who managed to mess up the Union Flag for Team GB's kit, publicly denied having anything to do with them, which means they're seriously bad. Whoever made that decision needs to have a word with themselves.

At least the Queen wasn't caught picking her fingernails this time when GB came out. She actually managed to look mildly interested.

Princess Anne was getting into the spirit of things with her Paralympics GB scarf.

and prince edward wasn't going to stand up at first ;) when the queen was about to declare the games opened

and prince edward wasn't going to stand up at first ;) when the queen was about to declare the games opened

I noticed that then he looked to Sophie who was obviously standing up so he did too!

EIIR said:
My word, they're making the GB Paralympians wear the same much-derided chavvy white and gold Next tracksuits that they had the Olympians wear. I mean, Stella McCartney, who managed to mess up the Union Flag for Team GB's kit, publicly denied having anything to do with them, which means they're seriously bad. Whoever made that decision needs to have a word with themselves.

Next designed the chavtastic outfits I believe. Awful, truly awful.

I noticed that then he looked to Sophie who was obviously standing up so he did too!

yes exactly :) though she had been standing during the entrance of the GB team already, so it didnt exactly come as a surprise, did it

csw said:
That term is new to me - what is oropax? Thanks

I'm going to venture and say that it's something like earplugs to dim the noise.

Back
Top Bottom