The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal International Events > 2012 London Olympics

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Sorry for lack of updates but I waited as long as I could and saw nothing online. Here are some nice untagged pics from today
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...thv5o1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...8lhto1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...thv5o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...thv5o2_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...thv5o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...8lhto1_500.jpg
Cambridge
William & Catherine

http://www.popsugar.com/Kate-Middlet...tures-24711480
http://www.justjared.com/2012/09/02/...to-gold-medal/
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...golden-victory
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,047
Thank you for the link! Great pictures, and of course lovely to see the whole Wessex Bunch .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR
Thanks for that link, MagMil. Nice to see Kate once again with the whole Wessex family this time. Lady Louise is rocking her poncho; little James is too cool for one it would seem! They certainly seemed to enjoy themselves:

Prince Edward Earl Of Wessex Sophie Countess Of Wessex Lady

I have to say, Kate seems to get as nervous as I do when watching tense sporting occasions. I can only peep through my fingers and on other occasions I can't bare to watch at all. Many times I've had to leave the room during penalty shootouts and the like.

Prince Edward Earl Of Wessex Sophie Countess Of Wessex Lady
Louise is definitely rocking her poncho, red cap, and Team GB t-shirt. She looks cute with braids. James cracks me up . He's hanging in the back, and is all serious (wonder if the two boys near him are kids of a family friend). I too get nervous when watching intense sporting events, and have a tendency to cover my eyes . Great to see how excited everyone is to support Team GB.

Great pictures! Love the ones of Catherine and Louise. They get on rather nicely.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA, United States
Posts: 1,075
Nice to see Kate and Sophie together having a good time -

http://tinyurl.com/9cvhhw3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger
Nice to see Kate and Sophie together having a good time -

http://tinyurl.com/9cvhhw3
Poor Louise; she looks a bit perplexed, and her facial expression makes the picture that much more amusing.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:05 PM
ghost_night554's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,786
Catherine presented the gold medal in Athletics!
Photo by _wyattofficial • Instagram
https://twitter.com/elliott_james/st.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/CharliKenny/stat.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/MikeFox16/status.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/MikeFox16/status.../photo/1/large

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine The Duchess of Cambridge is in the Olympic Stadium to present Great Britain discus thrower Aled Davies with his gold medal #ParalympicGB
Marianna Nodale ‏@MariannaNodale Kate Middleton (presenting medals) almost gets a bigger cheer from the crowd than the athletes (winning the medals). Almost.

you can watch it here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Paralymp...?v=NQN2MLaSdH0 just pull the little timer back to 41 mins and then let it go it should play it.

First article with photos from the whole day including medal presentation
2012 Paralympics: Kate Middleton cheers on mixed coxed fours and presents gold medal to champion discus thrower | Mail Online

I loved the end of God Save the Queen she just broke out into this huge smile was so cute.

Afterwards Kate joined the crowds and watched the rest of the Athletics competition.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you for the link! Great pictures, and of course lovely to see the whole Wessex Bunch .



Louise is definitely rocking her poncho, red cap, and Team GB t-shirt. She looks cute with braids. James cracks me up . He's hanging in the back, and is all serious (wonder if the two boys near him are kids of a family friend). I too get nervous when watching intense sporting events, and have a tendency to cover my eyes . Great to see how excited everyone is to support Team GB.



Great pictures! Love the ones of Catherine and Louise. They get on rather nicely.
The two boys are Sophie's nephews, Oliver and Harry. They are her brother's children, who can be seen next to the two boys. I am not sure how old they are but the older one is REALLY tall. He towered above Sophie when he stood behind her in an image. They often attend the Windsor Horse Show with Sophie and Edward, so it's nice to see Louise and James with both sets of cousins. Louise looks delightful in her baseball cap, perhaps she never gave William's cap back! I love the two children in their patriotic t-shirts, and I particularly love the images of James pulling Sophie along. She is evident not walking fast enough for him! Not Louise and James have the same shoes on but in different colours, too cute.

I love the picture of Sophie and Catherine laughing, I wonder what tickled them so much. Louise's facial expression is priceless and she looks A LOT like Edward as a young boy in that photo. The resemblance is at times spooky.

Saw Catherine present her medals and I noticed how she was also wearing a scarf the same as Sophie from earlier on. Is it the Team GB scarf? I really like it! Catherine's outfit for her medals presenation looked a bit like a flight attendant, similar to that of Sophie's in the morning. Not sure how I feel about all these jacket and dress combo's!
__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:12 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
....

Saw Catherine present her medals and I noticed how she was also wearing a scarf the same as Sophie from earlier on. Is it the Team GB scarf? I really like it! Catherine's outfit for her medals presenation looked a bit like a flight attendant, similar to that of Sophie's in the morning. Not sure how I feel about all these jacket and dress combo's!
Catherine is wearing the team GB Paralympics scarf (the same she wore this summer when she visited the women's hockey team). Sophie is wearing the team GB Olympic scarf... They are slightly different... You can tell by the black on the Olympic scarf. Both are avail at Next

http://classic.next.co.uk/g7190s1#LID=01_05_04
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Elly C's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,859
Just returned from a very enjoyable day at the Paralympics. I can vouch for the enthusiasm being shown towards the Paralympic Games - the atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic and the whole Olympic park was packed to the rafters with families eager to be part of such a wonderful occasion. I feel so fortunate to have witnessed these truly remarkable individuals.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,217
Just watched the medal ceremony video- you would think the British broadcasters would call Kate by her proper title but at last no - we get Kate Middleton. It hard not to look like an air hostess wearing the sort of outfits that Kate and Sophie had on.

I like seeing the interaction between Kate and the Wessexes. It appears Kate gets along great with Louise and Sophie is kind of a royal big sister. This year it seems that with William gone to the Falklands and on duty during both games, it has allowed Kate to bond with his family without him which is a good thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Just watched the medal ceremony video- you would think the British broadcasters would call Kate by her proper title but at last no - we get Kate Middleton. It hard not to look like an air hostess wearing the sort of outfits that Kate and Sophie had on.

I like seeing the interaction between Kate and the Wessexes. It appears Kate gets along great with Louise and Sophie is kind of a royal big sister. This year it seems that with William gone to the Falklands and on duty during both games, it has allowed Kate to bond with his family without him which is a good thing.
The scarf? The Duchess was wearing Team GB Paralympics scarf as was Sophie.

I also liked seeing the interaction between the Duchess and the Wessexes.
__________________
October 31st,2005,Birth of HRH The Princess of Asturias
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-02-2012, 05:58 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Nice for Kate to be able to present the gold medal to a GB athlete who also happens to be Welsh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The scarf? The Duchess was wearing Team GB Paralympics scarf as was Sophie.
there are 2 scarves

Click image for larger version

Name:	Team GB Olympic scarf.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	286399

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paralympic Scarf.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	286400

early in the day Sophie with her red blazer is def wearing the Team GB scarf. At the medal ceremoney in the evening, it looks as if Kate is wearing the paralympic scarf
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM
MagMil's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Skopje, Macedonia
Posts: 2,506
Countess of Wessex Photos - Zimbio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-thrower.html
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Catherine presented the gold medal in Athletics!
Photo by _wyattofficial • Instagram
https://twitter.com/elliott_james/st.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/CharliKenny/stat.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/MikeFox16/status.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/MikeFox16/status.../photo/1/large

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine The Duchess of Cambridge is in the Olympic Stadium to present Great Britain discus thrower Aled Davies with his gold medal #ParalympicGB
Marianna Nodale ‏@MariannaNodale Kate Middleton (presenting medals) almost gets a bigger cheer from the crowd than the athletes (winning the medals). Almost.

you can watch it here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Paralymp...?v=NQN2MLaSdH0 just pull the little timer back to 41 mins and then let it go it should play it.

First article with photos from the whole day including medal presentation
2012 Paralympics: Kate Middleton cheers on mixed coxed fours and presents gold medal to champion discus thrower | Mail Online

I loved the end of God Save the Queen she just broke out into this huge smile was so cute.

Afterwards Kate joined the crowds and watched the rest of the Athletics competition.
You're a gem when it comes to some great updates . The video of the medal ceremony was great. I don't know if the wonder of hearing 'God Save the Queen' and realizing that it's being sung about her family member has worn off yet for Catherine, but regardless, I loved the look of deference on her face while it was sung, and the huge smile at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The two boys are Sophie's nephews, Oliver and Harry. They are her brother's children, who can be seen next to the two boys. I am not sure how old they are but the older one is REALLY tall. He towered above Sophie when he stood behind her in an image. They often attend the Windsor Horse Show with Sophie and Edward, so it's nice to see Louise and James with both sets of cousins. Louise looks delightful in her baseball cap, perhaps she never gave William's cap back! I love the two children in their patriotic t-shirts, and I particularly love the images of James pulling Sophie along. She is evident not walking fast enough for him! Not Louise and James have the same shoes on but in different colours, too cute.

I love the picture of Sophie and Catherine laughing, I wonder what tickled them so much. Louise's facial expression is priceless and she looks A LOT like Edward as a young boy in that photo. The resemblance is at times spooky.

Saw Catherine present her medals and I noticed how she was also wearing a scarf the same as Sophie from earlier on. Is it the Team GB scarf? I really like it! Catherine's outfit for her medals presenation looked a bit like a flight attendant, similar to that of Sophie's in the morning. Not sure how I feel about all these jacket and dress combo's!
Thank you for the information regarding the other children. It's great that Louise and James have cousins close to their age to play with. The picture of James pulling Sophie along was too funny. He's so enthusiastic. Probably couldn't get there fast enough to see all the action . Love the trainers too and the patriotic shirts (and yes, Louise may have very well adopted Wills' cap ). Wouldn't it be nice to be in on the joke that cracked Sophie and Catherine up? I love how at ease they are with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Just returned from a very enjoyable day at the Paralympics. I can vouch for the enthusiasm being shown towards the Paralympic Games - the atmosphere in the stadium was fantastic and the whole Olympic park was packed to the rafters with families eager to be part of such a wonderful occasion. I feel so fortunate to have witnessed these truly remarkable individuals.
Thank you for sharing all your impressions. I'm glad you had a chance to see this live. From the videos, I can definitely see and feel the enthusiasm of the crowds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Just watched the medal ceremony video- you would think the British broadcasters would call Kate by her proper title but at last no - we get Kate Middleton. It hard not to look like an air hostess wearing the sort of outfits that Kate and Sophie had on.

I like seeing the interaction between Kate and the Wessexes. It appears Kate gets along great with Louise and Sophie is kind of a royal big sister. This year it seems that with William gone to the Falklands and on duty during both games, it has allowed Kate to bond with his family without him which is a good thing.
Oh, I kept cringing every time I heard the broadcaster day 'Kate Middleton'. At least when she walked out, she was called by her proper title. Yes, Catherine has a great rapport with the Wessexes, and it's delightful to see. Louise appears to adore her big cousin .

Thank you for the pictures!
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,701
.

Princess Märtha Louise has celebrated Norwegian Tommy Urhaug's tabletennis win yesterday, September 2, 2012.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 09-03-2012, 10:26 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,726
Prince Daniel gives the medals and greets Sweden’s table tennis player Emil Andersson after his bronze medal.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...1293/4emil.jpg
Prince Daniel greets Sweden’s table tennis player Anna-Carin Ahlquist after she won Sweden’s first Paralympics gold.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Daniel missed the swedish gold because there was so much traffic when he arrived. He said that he is going to see as many swedish athletes competing as he can.
Svenska guldhjälten för snabb för prinsen | Sport | Expressen | Senaste nytt - Sport Fotboll Hockey
Prinsen kom för sent – missade första guldet | Handikappidrott | Sportbladet | Aftonbladet
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:06 PM
tihkon2's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Stafford, United States
Posts: 124
Great pics of Daniel and the athletes. Thanks! He's really become quite a positive addition to the Swedish Royal family hasn't he?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Iranian Paralympic athlete refuses to shake Duchess of Cambridge's hand 'for cultural reasons because she's a woman' at medal ceremony
Quote:
An Iranian athlete refused to shake the Duchess of Cambridge's hand after she presented him with his discus silver medal on Sunday. The Royal was warmly received on the podium by Paralympic GB's gold medal winner Aled Davies and Chinese bronze medallist Lezheng Wang. But when it was Mehrdad Karam Zadeh's turn to step up, the 40-year-old failed to offer a hand to the Duchess, clutching them close to his chest.
A complete non-story, especially since at the very end DM squeezed this line: "A spokesman for St. James's Palace has revealed the Duchess was briefed beforehand and warned not to offer her hand to Zadeh."
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 9,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
.

Princess Märtha Louise has celebrated Norwegian Tommy Urhaug's tabletennis win yesterday, September 2, 2012.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
The Princess is the image of her father The King in those photo's!
__________________
October 31st,2005,Birth of HRH The Princess of Asturias
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Molly2101's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,606
Hello Prince Daniel presenting some swimming medals. The gold medalist was from Sweden, so it was a nice touch for Daniel to give out these medals.
__________________

__________________
"I am yours, you are mine, of that be sure. You are locked in my heart, the little key is lost and now you must stay there forever."
Written by Princess Alix of Hesse and by Rhine in the diary of her fiance, Tsarevich Nicholas.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]