The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a magnificent spectacle of panoply and pageantry! A feast for the eyes and ears.

The bells of big ben are chiming!!!
Pretty much every bell in London is chiming right now.
The head boat - the Bell Boat - is ringing, and all the bells have to ring in return.

Isn't it just lovely and so very exiting?! :)

Looks like it's starting to rain harder. I was hoping it would hold off until the pageant was done.

Oh dear, Princess Eugenie's taking photos on her phone. lol.

I love that Princess Eugenie is taking pictures with her cell phone.

Artemisia said:
Pretty much every bell in London is chiming right now.
The head boat - the Bell Boat - is ringing, and all the bells have to ring in return.

Isn't it just lovely and so very exiting?! :)

It really is!! No one but the Brits could pull off such an event - a masterclass in pomp and pagentry!! Wonderful!

Commentator guessed St Edward the Confessor was 5 centuries ago! Try 10, fool.

There are rather a lot of tall ships there, but they can't take part in the procession because so many of the bridges across the Thames are quite low. They're moored out at Canary Wharf for people to see them. That's why there are more small boats than large ones.

The Queen must be cold as she's added a shawl to her outfit.

I must admit that I thought the thrones were a rather odd idea because the Queen and DoE just aren't the sort of people to sit on red velvet thrones while soaking up the adulation; they're more low-key than that.

I'm completely hooked on watching the entire thing, it looks fabulous! I've got a hideous cold but watching all the flags, vessels and bells & whistles makes me feel oh so much better. :flowers: I simply love things like these. Congratulations Brits, you certainly know how to pull off these sorts of events! :flowers: :) Her Majesty looks great, I only hope she would be smiling more.

They're all so excited by what the National Theatre just did. I don't think I've ever seen Elizabeth smile so much as she has today.

That moment on the National Theatre was stunning! I have never seen anything like that before. The Queen looked like she loved it as well.

Catharina said:
I'm completely hooked on watching the entire thing, it looks fabulous! I've got a hideous cold but watching all the flags, vessels and bells & whistles makes me feel oh so much better. :flowers: I simply love things like these. Congratulations Brits, you certainly know how to pull off these sorts of events! :flowers: :) Her Majesty looks great, I only hope she would be smiling more.

Oh, believe me, she's been smiling lots. A few giggles as well!! :)

That moment on the National Theatre was stunning! I have never seen anything like that before. The Queen looked like she loved it as well.
Agree! Just stunning.
And that horse actually looked pretty lifelike. The Queen and Camilla looked pretty impressed too.

It looks like every inch of the banks and bridges are packed with people!

Oh, believe me, she's been smiling lots. A few giggles as well!! :)
Obviously I'm watching the wrong live stream. I'm watching this from BBC's website and they seem to miss all of that. Now they're discussing how pleased HM has been at all, smiling and pointing at things. But I haven't seen it, they've probably been interviewing someone at the time not showing Her Majesty.

Does anyone have a better link where I could watch this?

Props for the rowers at the manned boats for rowing 7 miles at 4,5 knots!

Can someone explain to me why the entire royal family isn't on the Royal Barge? It seems silly to me that they aren't all together, expecially considering the size of the boat.

Will be a security thing.

There was quite a few raised eyebrows at the idea of HM, Prince Charles and Prince William all travelling on the same barge. It's so unusual to see them travelling together like that.

I do wish the commentator would stop mentioning Princess Eugenie and "her sister" when they go to her when she is stood with the Countess of Wessex. Some of the coverage has been quite disappointing in that respect.

Surprised at the news that Peter & Autumn Phillips didn't go. Anyone know the reason. Love Kate's outfit.

Props for the rowers at the manned boats for rowing 7 miles at 4,5 knots!
I can't believe how well they have all done. My arms would have fallen off if I tried to do even a tenth of that.

Sky TV reported that the protesting anti-monarchists were drowned out by crowds singing the National Anthem at them.

Sky TV reported that the protesting anti-monarchists were drowned out by crowds singing the National Anthem at them.
Which is the best answer to them! :D

I'm a bit sad the bigger vessels weren't able to take part in the pageant; that would have been a sight to behold. But the smaller ships have done a great job too, and kudos to those doing all the rowing; faultless performance.

:lol:
Listening to those crowds there is no doubt in my mind about how most Britians feel about Elizabeth!

Apparently, Charles and Camilla weren't the only ones to make a surprise appearance at a Street Party. The Duke of York and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie attended the Big Jubilee Lunch at All Saints Church in Fulham ahead of the Diamond Jubilee River Pageant.
- Picture

The Queen looks cold and miserable.

There's always a stupid and unnecessary comment in each celebration isn't it ?

Back
Top Bottom