The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant: June 3, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Harry and William were having pictures taken in front of the thrones!!! LOL

Can someone explain to me why the entire royal family isn't on the Royal Barge? It seems silly to me that they aren't all together, expecially considering the size of the boat.
I suppose it's mainly because of security; having all of them on one boat would be a nightmare.
Another consideration is representation; this way, most "major" boats get a member of the royal family or two just to themselves.
Besides, the main boat is all about the "main" royals - the Queen, Prince Philip and the Wales family.

It's live here in Australia on ABC24.

The Duchess of Cambridge is an absolute knockout. What a striking shade of red she is wearing. Beautifully tailored, but to no surprise.

I enjoy viewing our Maori neighbours on display in their ceremonial garb. Makes a woman's heart flutter ;)

Did I just spy Sophie of Wessx on the Lord Mayor's barge?

Has anyone seen Andrew and his girls or Edward and Sophie?

First of all, it's a security measure. Secodly, it's a PR thing. By spreading them more, more barges are honoured and also the attention isn't just focused on just one barge, but on many different barges. Think of it like each member of the family sitting at different tables at a feast.

Counntes of Wessex and the Yorks are on the same barge with Boris Johnson, Madame Royale.

It's live here in Australia on ABC24.

The Duchess of Cambridge is an absolute knockout. What a striking shade of red she is wearing. Beautifully tailored, but to no surprise.

I enjoy viewing our Maori neighbours on display in their ceremonial garb. Makes a woman's heart flutter ;)

Did I just spy Sophie of Wessx on the Lord Mayor's barge?
Yes, it was the Countess of Wessex on the same barge as Boris Johnson.
The Royal Barge has now taken its place in the centre.

Last edited:
Listen to those crowds! I literally have goosebumps watching this.

yes,Sophie was next to the mayor of london. She´s wearing red coat and cream/nude small fascinator and nude shoes :)

Oh no, queue the complaints about Michael Middleton holding a drink :(

Really glad they are part of it too :)

First sign of Pippa. She´s in black and white

The spirit of Chartwell is very impressive. Lovely watching it clip along!

Counntes of Wessex and the Yorks are on the same barge with Boris Johnson, Madame Royale

Thanks for the confirmation Charlotte, and those who proceeded to respond :)

I noticed she took out her mobile and made or received a call before waving to onlookers again.

Last edited:
Oh no, queue the complaints about Michael Middleton holding a drink :(

Really glad they are part of it too :)

It's a festive occasion, doubt anyone will complain.
Camilla's children - Tom and Laura - were on the same barge. Laura was animatedly talking to Carol Middleton.

They haven't bothered to show the rest of the family on BBC America. So thanks to everyone who has keener eyes than me.

I thought so. I noticed she took out her mobile and made or received a call before waving to onlookers again.

:previous:I'm guessing Louise and James called to say that they're watching Mummy on TV. Really, who else would she take a call from in the middle of the river pageant? :lol:

Here's hoping :)
Indeed. :)
Unfortunately, I was wrong about Camilla's kids; the blonde woman talking to Carol wasn't Laura.
I'm still hoping there were on one of the boats though.

Apparently the brooch Kate is wearing is a gift from the Royal Navy Submarine Service and is of two silver dolphins. William is their Commodore in Chief hence the gift to Kate. We should see a close up of it, probably when the royals get on HMS President.

Princess Royal is actually sailing ahead of her mother, as the Master of the Trinity House. Traditionally, the barge of the Trinity House can sail ahead of the Sovereign.

I have to laugh how those lovely 'thrones' have had not the slightest of royal posteriors touch. With the chilling wind rushing past the Queen's face, it's no wonder she decided to not plot herself down.

All the effort that goes into it and they don't even get used though. I do feel for those who put so much effort into them.

Last edited:
I have to laugh how those lovely 'thrones' have had not the slightest of royal posteriors touch. With the chilling wind rushing past the Queen's face, no wonder she hasn't decided to plot herself down.

All the effort that goes into it and they don't even get used. I do feel for those who put so much effort into them.

I think the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were to sit on the Thrones as the barge approached the Bridge. Before that, they were mainly going to just stand, as the BBC commentators mentioned at the beginning.

I have to laugh how those lovely 'thrones' have had not the slightest of royal posteriors touch. With the chilling wind rushing past the Queen's face, no wonder she hasn't decided to plot herself down.

I have the same thought. In fact the Queen, the Duke and Camilla have disappeared from the top deck of the royal barge due to the chiling wind i guess.

I think the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh were to sit on the Thrones as the barge approached the Bridge. Before that, they were mainly going to just stand, as the BBC commentators mentioned at the beginning.

Oh that would be nice. I hope that report is accurate. I have heard two commentators refer to the Queen as 'Her Royal Highness' though..haha.

I was expecting some larger vessels in the pageant. Many of them appear rather small.

Last edited:
Oops the Beeb!

YES! I yelled at the TV... It's HER MAJESTY!!

I'm watching on BBC America and later one of the announcers referred to the crown turn out today here for the royal wedding.:lol: Otherwise, the BBC has done a great job of putting the spotlight square on the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. I am sure that once CNN comes on it will be all about the young royals - but for now it is lovely.

Her Majesty looks spectacular. The coat and hat and Jardine Star are terrific.

I like the idea of the Artists' bridge! Everyone, enjoy the day.

Anyone else noticed The Duke of Cambridge is wearing only his Garter star? I assume he hasn't got the actual regalia of the Thistle yet (until his investiture).

Anyone else noticed The Duke of Cambridge is wearing only his Garter star? I assume he hasn't got the actual regalia of the Thistle yet (until his investiture).
Until he is officially invested in the Thistle ceremony, he doesn't have the right to wear the Order's badge.
The Queen and Prince Philip have re-appeared on the deck.

Lovely to see the Dunkirk little ships too.

Last edited:
It must be amazing to be there watching this in person.

Back
Top Bottom