The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Love the ma'amite thing, Walkers have also rebranded their packaging with Union Jacks.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
So many companies are releasing limited edition versions of their products in honour of the Diamond Jubilee. Here are some of my favourites:

Nestle's Kit Kat has been re-branded for a limited time as Brit Kat:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...2j1o1_1280.jpg.
I love Kit Kat and wouldn't mind to try Brit Kat either.
Hate Marmite though.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth, the Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Alexandra (not yet included in the galleries) attended the
Diamond Jubilee Pageant in the private grounds of Windsor Castle on May 13, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: Queen Elizabeth II Attends The Diamond Jubilee Pageant At Windsor Castle **

** BBC: In Pictures: Diamond Jubilee Pageant **

** wcsh6.com video: Queen Arrives for Diamond Jubilee Pageant **

** guardian.co.uk: The Queen's diamond jubilee pageant at Windsor – in pictures **
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Before yesterday's diamond jubilee pageant HM invested Camilla with the insignia of Dame Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.

Also, Princess Beatrice and The Duke of York attended last night.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Emperor to use Queen's diamond jubilee trip to thank British people
Quote:
Emperor Akihito will use his upcoming visit to Britain to mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's coronation to also thank the British people for their support in the wake of last year's natural disasters.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photos!
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth II attends a tea party for the cast of the Diamond Jubilee Pageant at Windsor Castle
Windsor, England - 11.05.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Quote:
World's most regal rider to be thrilled with 'spectacular' horse pageant
http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine....-horse-show/1/

Quote:
Windsor welcomes the world in spectacular style
http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine....ant-windsor/1/

Quote:
Ugandan orphan's hug of hope at Windsor Castle
http://diamondjubilee.hellomagazine....eets-orphan/1/
Old 05-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth: 'The Diamond Jubilee? She dreads the ship thing - Telegraph

excerpts

There is no barometer subtle enough to register the Queen’s mood as she approaches her Diamond Jubilee, but her friend and cousin, Margaret Rhodes, is doing her best to take a reliable reading. “Excitement is not quite the right word,” she says. “I think there might be a tiny shred or two of mild dread. She slightly dreads the ship thing, rather as Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother slightly dreaded celebrating her 100th birthday. There’s a sense of 'am I going to get through it all’?”

By “the ship thing”, Mrs Rhodes means the day the Thames sheds its greyness and erupts in pageantry, with a flotilla of 1,000 boats fussing behind the gilded royal barge Gloriana as she makes a stately progress from Battersea Bridge to the Tower of London. For her sovereign passenger, June 3 will be the high-water mark of public affection. “I have often said to her that it must be warming the cockles of her heart to see the amount of enthusiasm there is for her reign,” says Mrs Rhodes. “And what an extraordinary reign it has turned out to be.”

No one living this side of Buckingham Palace railings is better qualified to make an informed guess about Jubilee jitters than Margaret Rhodes. The Queen drops in on her after Matins in the chapel at Windsor Great Park on a Sunday morning. Over a drink, the two grandmothers chat about their families and what’s been in the papers.

Mrs Rhodes suggests that when the young Princess began to understand the consequences of the Abdication, she hoped for a brother. “I believe she hoped she might have one and be let off the hook, but deep down she knew that wasn’t very likely. She accepted that she would be Queen one day, but thought it was a long way off. Sadly, it came to her much sooner than she expected.

The thing that has characterised her reign is the conscious self-sacrifice, of any form of private life. It was an incredible thing, at the age of 21, to envisage a whole life ahead of you, where your own choices are not followed, where you know what you are going to be doing every day of the week for months ahead and where spontaneity goes out of the window. If she hadn’t been born the way she was, you know, she could have been a country landowner surrounded by dogs and horses, blissfully happy.”

Margaret Rhodes has always been the first to shoot down any rumours that the Queen has considered abdicating, and now she sees her relaxed as never before. “When she’s really interested in something, she looks rather po-faced, but when the smile lights up, it’s like the sun coming out. She must derive pleasure – or work-satisfaction, if nothing else.” One key to the Queen’s mental toughness in difficult times, says Mrs Rhodes, is her ability to compartmentalise. “It’s as if she’s got lots of little rooms in her brain and she can shut the door on the worry ones, so she can concentrate on being a good hostess or doing a public engagement.” Her other strength is the Duke of Edinburgh. “He has been an absolute rock for her,” she says.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 AM
Aristocracy

THE EARl and Countess of Wessex also went to the Diamond Jubliee horse Pageant at Windsor with Lady Louise. Also Prince and Princess Michael attended.

http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic...4366;topicseen
Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
THE EARl and Countess of Wessex also went to the Diamond Jubliee horse Pageant at Windsor with Lady Louise. Also Prince and Princess Michael attended.

RoyalDish - Diamond Jubilee Pageant at Windsor Castle - page 1
I don't see the Wessex family in any of the pictures.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee: commemorative coins from across the Commonwealth - Telegraph
Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Today, May 15, the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited the 'London as a Global Centre of Fashion' event
in Bromley Town Centre to mark the Diamond Jubilee, they've visited St. Mark's Church of England Academy,
Mitcham, Surrey and the attendance at the 'Wild London' festival at Richmond Park, Surrey is also on today's
programme to mark the jubilee.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio: Queen Elizabeth II Visits South London **

** BBC: Queen's Jubilee tour reaches Bromley, Merton, Richmond **

** thisislondon.co.uk: Oh Philip! Queen's moment of exasperation as Prince's phone goes off in his pocket during royal walkabout **
Old 05-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
15-05-2012 Guandong 60th jubilee cup of Queen Elizabeth of England by Guandong enterprises.
Instead of Queen Elizabeth the portret is of her late mother, the Queen Mum.
PPE Agency Guandong
Old 05-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The RAF have been busy over the skies of Anglesey perfecting a formation of my username using Hawk jet planes. How kind of them .

Queen's Diamond Jubilee: RAF perfect 'ER II' formation in skies over North Wales - Telegraph
Old 05-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

All this from ONE stone: Jewellery from world's largest diamond goes on display at Buckingham palace | Mail Online
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The photo in that DM article showing someone holding both Granny's chips and the Dehli Durbar necklace is just amazing. The chips are just astonishing in their brilliance.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Spectacular video from Diamond Jubilee Pageant
Enjoy!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:15 PM
Majesty

Wow! That's all I can come up with. What a stunning spectacle of different cultures and nations in one place. Thank you for sharing this.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you so much for that MagMil!!! I wish I could have seen the whole thing and in person. What a sight. Of course I would have cried like a baby. I got a little teary-eyed just watching that little clip. What a life she has led.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Princes William and Harry sit down for a rare interview about the Queen with Katie Couric | Mail Online

Tags
diamond jubilee parade, windsor castle