The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: The Sultan of Oman's Royal Cavalry charge for the Queen
Quote:
If they weren’t wearing such colourful costumes, they would be a terrifying sight. Soldiers thunder across the Omani desert on horseback, hooves tearing up the dust as they bear down on our position. For a moment one has an idea of what it must have been like to face the full force of a cavalry charge in an era before tanks, machine guns and drones. And yet this particular cavalry aren’t brandishing so much as a penknife. The men ride barefoot in pairs, grinning broadly, their arms across each other’s shoulders, their horses’ tassels gleaming in the evening sunlight. The women, decked in glorious pinks and greens, are just as courageous. One, Zinab, even stands upright on the saddle, holding on to her galloping neighbour’s hand for scant support, as they tear past.
The Horse Show is going to be truly spectacular, what with the Cossacks, the Masai, the Huasos and now Oman's Royal Cavalry.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, Artemisia. The Sultan of Oman is a true Anglophile, and he's paying a lovely compliment to HM by sending over so many of his horses and troops.

Given that the special events at Windsor start tomorrow, perhaps the Jubilee thread could be opened now?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator

The cupcake Queen

The Queen in 2012 cupcakes

v the result
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EIIR cupcakes.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	285250  
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Should've said this earlier but, thank you to the moderators for opening this thread.

That cupcake portrait is really cool, they got the likeness really well.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

On another note: anyone who can get their hands on the June Tatler issue should! It's jammed with Jubilee info, and gorgeous pictures!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

A night to remember! Four-day pageant to mark the Queen's Jubilee kicks off with spectacular horse show
Quote:
They came from around the world to pay tribute to the Queen - and they put on quite a show. Some of the world's best horse riders performed in an equestrian extravaganza last night to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.Organisers of the Diamond Jubilee Pageant, which took place in the private grounds of Windsor Castle, said beforehand the show will not be postponed by the wet weather.
The Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Sir Timothy Laurence were present for the event.
Absolutely incredible performance. I'm particularly impressed by the Kremlin Equestrian Riding School's act.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the information, what an exciting show. I adore horses!

Is this the start of the Windsor Horse Show? When is that taking place this year?
Old 05-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Royal Windsor Horse Show opened on May 9, with the final day on May 13.
The event in the Daily Mail article is the Diamond Jubilee Pageant organised to commemorate Her Majesty's Jubilee.
It commenced yesterday in the presence of the Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence. It will last four days, also until May 13.

Official website of the Royal Pageant - http://www.diamond-jubilee-pageant.com/
Official website of the Royal Windsor Horse Show - http://www.rwhs.co.uk/
Old 05-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Serene Highness

Which program is on 18th and 19th May 2012?
The royal couple of Sweden will attend the jubilee.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 AM

So who's going down for the Central Weekend then? I'm getting the bus down from Glasgow on Friday 1st and coming back Tues 5th so I'll be able to see the Jubilee Flotilla and the Thanksgiving service with carriage procession. I'll be going down myself seeing as most people my age aren't that into the monarchy :(
Old 05-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna View Post
Which program is on 18th and 19th May 2012?
The royal couple of Sweden will attend the jubilee.
Ursulajohanna, this program has a topic of its own (and as far as I know, it's an open question if anything will take place for the foreign monarchs on May 19th as well).

Link:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2-a-33014.html
Old 05-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Boris for help
I hope we will see lovely pics of the jubilee couple and guests
Old 05-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Earl and The Countess of Wessex, with Lady Louise Windsor, attended the Pagegent this evening. Only images I could find are available at AP. Little Louise is adorable, as always. I am so glad Louise is appearing much more now, she is too cute.

AP Images
Old 05-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Queen was there too.
Queen Elizabeth II attended a tea party for the cast of the Diamond Jubilee Pageant at Windsor Castle, England Friday May 11, 2012.

- Queen Elizabeth with Kenyan tribesmen
- With a member of Pakistani President's bodyguard
- The Queen is presented a bracelet by Rose Kimanzi

Gallery from Daylife
Gallery from Getty
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had forgotten Louise had broken her arm, her cast is obviously covered up by her coat, or it has been taken off. Children's breaks heal much quicker than adults.

Thanks for letting me know the Queen was there too.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Earl and The Countess of Wessex, with Lady Louise Windsor, attended the Pagegent this evening. Only images I could find are available at AP. Little Louise is adorable, as always. I am so glad Louise is appearing much more now, she is too cute.

AP Images

Thanks for the pictures
I'm glad too, Molly that her parents let her to be in more events this year
Old 05-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Thank you for the links.

The pageant seems spectacular and the organisers look to have pulled out all the stops in making sure there is a real international element to the programme. From the AP gallery of the opening night and the afternoon tea there look to be a lot of countries and cultures represented. It's wonderful to see.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, we know William's still in England as he played polo in Berkshire today. I wonder if he and Kate might join HM and the DoE at the last evening of the horse show?
Old 05-13-2012, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
So, we know William's still in England as he played polo in Berkshire today. I wonder if he and Kate might join HM and the DoE at the last evening of the horse show?
He's playing polo again today I read, so he might want a quiet evening in.

I didn't know a concert was occurring at Windsor.
Child's innocent hug brings smile to the face of the Queen - Telegraph
Old 05-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

So many companies are releasing limited edition versions of their products in honour of the Diamond Jubilee. Here are some of my favourites:

Nestle's Kit Kat has been re-branded for a limited time as Brit Kat:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3...2j1o1_1280.jpg

The great British institution that is Marmite (you either love it or you hate it) has been re-branded as Ma'amite, because when you meet HM you address her as Ma'am:

Google Image Result for http://www.thedrum.co.uk/uploads/drum_basic_article/90003/main_images/BBC6.jpg

Harvey Nicholls have released Diamond Jubilee themed Tupperware:

Nicks post | Urgent Genius

Kellogs have released Corn Flakes and Frosties in their 1950s packaging:

kellogs post | Urgent Genius

Tate & Lyle limited edition Diamond Jubilee golden syrup:

Google Image Result for http://www.designweek.co.uk/Pictures/web/e/x/q/Happy-and-Glorious._482.jpg

Heinz are releasing special Diamond Jubilee baked beans and spaghetti:

Google Image Result for http://www.designweek.co.uk/Pictures/web/f/m/h/image00_350.jpg

Steiff limited edition Diamond Jubilee bear:

Google Image Result for http://www.peterjoneschina.com/product_images/prod_zoom_center/diamond%2520jubilee%2520011567.JPG

Bentley are releasing 60 Diamond Jubilee version of their Mulsanne, a snip at £300k each:

Google Image Result for http://db3.stb.s-msn.com/i/83/E685ADA5056834C78B6BDB54DB56A.jpg

Royal Lochnagar Distillery are releasing 60 bottles of Diamond Jubilee whiskey at £100k each:

Google Image Result for http://www.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article675489.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/%25C2%25A3100,000%2BDecanter%2Bof%2BDiamond%2BJubilee%2BWhisky

Cadbury's Diamond Jubilee chocolate:

http://pulse.pdd.co.uk/wp-content/up...lee_Image2.jpg

These are just the tip of the iceberg, and if you're interested in a keepsake for the Jubilee that's a bit different they'd be pretty cool. The Bentley would be a pretty pricey keepsake though.

Tags
diamond jubilee parade, windsor castle