The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Diamond Jubilee Tour Review

Incredible to think Her Majesty has been to all corners of the Kingdom over the last 6 months.
Here's a little link to some of my favourite pictures from the tour:

The Diamond Queen turns the Nation red, white and blue Happy and Glorious!

Old 07-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

This has been a magnificent time for everyone. I know I have enjoyed all the televisiom programs of events that have allowed me to be a part of it as well as all the forum members who have been kind enough to post pictures and videos some of us might not otherwise be able to enjoy. I have to say a huge thank you to those who have made it possible for all of us to be just as excited about this Jubilee as any Brit out there!! As for the Queen, she has done an incredible job in these six months. The ups and downs she has endured, the joys and laughs, the pride she must feel and the love from her people. What a wonderful time it has been and now the Olympics. Brilliant! :)

Old 08-27-2012, 12:34 AM
Nobility

Both my grandmothers were pregnant when George VI died. My dad was born on April 22nd and my mom on August 1st. My parents both celebrated their 60th birthdays this year! Neither remembers the coronation as they were just babies at the time (Dad was just over 13 months and Mom was 10 months).
Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this has been posted but in the U.S. PBS.org has a wonderful documentary entitled Prince Charles' Tribute To The Queen, Royal Memories. It has Charles watching home movies of the royal family taken by Her Majesty and the DOE and flipping through family photo albums alot of which he'd forgotten or never seen.
There are amazing recollections with film by Charles of the coronation, his investiture, the Royal Yacht Britannia etc. He remember her practicing for months wearing the coronation crown. She come to his and Anne's bath time with on her head. You can really see how his taste for jewels comes from these early impressions of his mother in sparkling jewels. There's even film of the Queen on her way back to England after the death of King George VI.

http://www.pbs.org/search/?q=Prince+...ediatype=Video
Old 09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I don't know if this has been posted but in the U.S. PBS.org has a wonderful documentary entitled Prince Charles' Tribute To The Queen, Royal Memories. It has Charles watching home movies of the royal family taken by Her Majesty and the DOE and flipping through family photo albums alot of which he'd forgotten or never seen.
There are amazing recollections with film by Charles of the coronation, his investiture, the Royal Yacht Britannia etc. He remember her practicing for months wearing the coronation crown. She come to his and Anne's bath time with on her head. You can really see how his taste for jewels comes from these early impressions of his mother in sparkling jewels. There's even film of the Queen on her way back to England after the death of King George VI.

Search for Prince Charles
I remember watching this on YouTube before the Jubilee. It was such a touching a lovely tribute. I got the sense of the closeness that exists between the members of the Royal Family, and it's interesting to hear Prince Charles talk about his 'Mama', who also happens to be the Queen. I think one of my favorite moments is watching young Charles run around the room when they were all being photographed after the Coronation, and running under the cape . Such a simple and childish act, during such a solemn occasion. Very precious. I also loved the footage of Prince Charles being tickled by his mother. Both of them were having the time of their lives. I'm glad that I go to see this documentary. It gave so much insight into the Family that is known all over the world.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:25 AM
Aristocracy

Love this portrait of the QEII painted by Australian born London based Artist Ralpg Heimens.

http://www.ralphheimans.com/portraits/queen/gallery.php

He was the Artist who painted my favourite portrait of Mary.

http://www.ralphheimans.com/portrait...ss/gallery.php
Old 10-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Majesty

Peter Hunt‏@BBCPeterHunt
@GBarlowOfficial and @HestBlumenthal will be the Q's guests at a Buck Pal reception on Oct 16 for those involved in the Diamond Jubilee.

16th October 2012-
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh
will give a reception for the organisers and supporters of the celebrations for Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Majesty

60 Facts about The Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the UK:
60 Facts about The Diamond Jubilee celebrations in the UK

ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN
Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I found this photo of Serena Linley online, and it looks like that Margarita is next to her. Does anyone have the same picture but with Margarita in the photo instead of being cut off? Thanks

This is the photo, by the way (click on it for a larger version):

Click image for larger version

Name:	serena linley jubilee.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	287027
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Here you go: http://img.spokeo.com/public/900-600...2012_06_05.jpg
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've seen that picture before, but I think my picture's a different one. Thanks for the pic, anyway, it's such a lovely one.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess
I've seen that picture before, but I think my picture's a different one. Thanks for the pic, anyway, it's such a lovely one.
It'll be the same picture with Serena looking a different way when the camera took it.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Majesty

I was actually surprised that there wasn't an official portrait taken of The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. You know, like the one they did for the Golden Jubilee.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Maybe it will be unveiled later?
The only official portrait of the Queen so far (in her Diamond Jubilee year, that is) has been unveiled just weeks ago.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2 View Post
Both my grandmothers were pregnant when George VI died. My dad was born on April 22nd and my mom on August 1st. My parents both celebrated their 60th birthdays this year! Neither remembers the coronation as they were just babies at the time (Dad was just over 13 months and Mom was 10 months).
Your parents are barely older than I am. I was five months old at the time of the coronation (don't remember it! ) My parents bought a TV to watch the coronation and invited all their friends, but the reception was too fuzzy!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Majesty

My parents married 4 days before the Queen's Accession and my brother was born 5 days after the Coronation so I never forget their special days. Of course being in Australia in 1953 there was no TV coverage of the Coronation but they did go and watch it at the movies when the film arrived later that year.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

My mother was born just a few months shy of the Coronation. No prizes for guessing what name she was given .

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the film of the Coronation was immediately rushed by aeroplane to Canada so that HM's Canadian subjects would see it before their neighbours in the US. Does that ring a bell with anyone?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen will make broadcasting history by appearing in 3D for the first time when she delivers her Christmas message.
Viewers will need special glasses to watch the monarch in all her technological glory unless they have a new 3D television set, which went on sale this year.

Read more: Queen to make TV history with 3D Christmas message | Mail Online
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
The Queen will make broadcasting history by appearing in 3D for the first time when she delivers her Christmas message.
Viewers will need special glasses to watch the monarch in all her technological glory unless they have a new 3D television set, which went on sale this year.

Read more: Queen to make TV history with 3D Christmas message | Mail Online

A question I always have when reading such articles from the British tabloid sites, is why are the readers' comments underneath for the most part so negative..? Are republicans more eager to comment? do they read more the newspapers? Or are they more in number than what we are officially told?

same thing I thought here, hence brought it up..
Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
A question I always have when reading such articles from the British tabloid sites, is why are the readers' comments underneath for the most part so negative..? Are republicans more eager to comment? do they read more the newspapers? Or are they more in number than what we are officially told?

There is a certain type of person who derives joy in running down people whose lives are more priveleged than their own (be they royal or high paid footballers), especially when they can do it with the anonimity of the internet...it makes them feel smart and witty...and then they likely turn out and cheer when there is a royal visit, wedding, jubilee.

Tags
diamond jubilee parade, windsor castle