The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just now getting around to reading today's Sunday Times which states that BP have revealed that the Queen has received 71,000 emails and 60,000 letters of congratulations so far for her Jubilee. The Correspondence Team in BP must be working around the clock to reply to them all!

Old 06-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

I was fortunate enough to get to watch the tail end of the concert live on the internet when I got home from work a week ago. Unfortunately, ABC's edited version of the concert that was supposed to air the following night was pre-empted for 'Welcome Home Donald Driver' (the most recent winner of 'Dancing with the Stars') and recall election coverage. However they did replay it Saturday night. I was appalled that 1) they showed very little of the royals enjoying the concert - I heard Princess Anne rocked out to Stevie Wonder but never saw it; and 2) how much they edited Prince Charles' speech and completely cut out the Queen lighting the torch thingy. If I hadn't watched it live on the internet I would've never known so much was missing.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth II Hosts A Garden Party At The Sandringham Estate
Getty Images - Search: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II Hosts A Garden Party At The Sandringham Estate#
Old 06-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The newly minted Diamond Jubilee gold coin is seen at the Bank of England Museum in London, June 22, 2012. The coin, one of 60 struck to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, weighs one kilo and is valued at 60,000 GBP. The exhibition "Gold and the Bank of England" runs until November 10, 2012.

- The averse of the coin
- The reverse of the coin
- The Diamond Jubilee gold coin next to a 7th century BC coin
Old 06-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Diamond Jubilee trail continues - today in Henley.

BBC News - Queen attends Henley-on-Thames Jubilee river pageant

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

n actually see from Henley

Getty Images - Search: GBR: Queen Elizabeth II Visits Henley On Thames#

Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh attended the Three Counties Diamond Jubilee River Pageant at the Henley Business College on June 25, 2012 in Henley on Thames, United Kingdom. The Queen participated in the pageant as part of her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

- The Queen
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh
- The River Pageant in Henley on Thames

Gallery
from Daylife
Old 06-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Courtier

How wonderful to see the DofE looking much better!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why do I get the feeling that in this moment the DoE was just telling one of his particularly funny jokes?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Vt8Cc/610x.jpg
Old 06-26-2012, 12:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Why do I get the feeling that in this moment the DoE was just telling one of his particularly funny jokes?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Vt8Cc/610x.jpg
He probably just got to the punch line, judging by his facial expression .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

RubyPrincess168: You should never watch anything on ABC if it pertains to Royalty. The only time they show anyone or anything connected to it is if some celebrity is with the royal person. At least NBC showed parts of the thanksgiving service, and HM standing on the balcony. CNN also showed this, and when HM put a diamond shaped object(maybe it was a real diamond) into a space that started the beacon in London. I would hope when the Olympics start, they will have the decency to show some of the Windsors, and not on tape delay.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Tower housing Big Ben WILL be renamed the Elizabeth Tower to honour the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
Quote:
One of Britain’s best-known landmarks is to be renamed in honour of the Queen’s six decades on the throne, Parliament’s authorities announced today. In an extraordinary tribute to the Monarch, the tower housing Big Ben is to be renamed ‘The Elizabeth Tower’. David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband are among senior figures from all parties who backed the proposal, which mirrors an honour bestowed on Queen Victoria, the present Queen’s great-great grandmother and the only other monarch in history to mark a Diamond Jubilee.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Courtier

A very fitting tribute. Now to convince everyone that you can still say '"Big Ben" ,because the bell is still there and is NOT the name of the entire tower
Old 06-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Majesty

What a lovely way to show Her Majesty that she is appreciated and loved. A touching tribute indeed.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope I'm putting this info in the right thread, but there's a 4-part special starting tonight, July 1, on PBS in the U.S., called "Queen and Country." It airs tonight at 8 p.m. EST on Channel 13. It's probably a rehash of everything we already know with no new surprises, but I'm definitely watching.

Queen & Country : PBS
Old 07-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I hope I'm putting this info in the right thread, but there's a 4-part special starting tonight, July 1, on PBS in the U.S., called "Queen and Country." It airs tonight at 9 p.m. EST on Channel 13. It's probably a rehash of everything we already know with no new surprises, but I'm definitely watching.

Queen & Country : PBS
7:00 PM (CST) DVR is set!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh attended a Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving at Glasgow Cathedral on July 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

** itv.com: Queen attends cathedral Jubilee service **

** dailyrecord.co.uk: Queen Elizabeth visits Glasgow for Diamond Jubilee celebrations **
Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Link to the BBC picture thread for Holyrood Week - it will updated during the week.

BBC News - In pictures: The Queen's jubilee celebrations in Scotland

Old 07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth II has conferred a Diamond Jubilee medal to Olympian Catriona Le May Doan of Canada, who is remembered lighting the Olympic cauldron twice during the Vancouver Winter Games Olympiad.

Olympian Le May Doan adds Queen
Old 07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Commoner

For members in the U.S.: the documentary of Prince Charles' tribute to the Queen will air on PBS on September 2. (Check local listings, since the schedules of some PBS stations may vary.)

PBS Announces U.S. Premiere of ROYAL MEMORIES: PRINCE CHARLES' TRIBUTE TO THE QUEEN - MarketWatch

Tags
diamond jubilee parade, windsor castle