The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
...As the years progress I find myself thinking of a time beyond that of Elizabeth II and although I firmly believe that Charles will make a wonderful King, this world would have lost someone very very special. And although only viewed from afar, I will miss her.
I am dreading that day. Although I've only been a true fan of the BRF for a short span of time, I've always known about the Queen since I was very little. I think once she's gone each and every one of us will find it hard to deal with, because I think for most of us its someone who's been our life for so long we almost feel like they are part of our family.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Have a glorious Jubilee Ma'am... You deserve it

Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post

As the years progress I find myself thinking of a time beyond that of Elizabeth II and although I firmly believe that Charles will make a wonderful King, this world would have lost someone very very special. And although only viewed from afar, I will miss her.
Beautifully put, Madame.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Just seen Charles' tribute on YouTube. Whoever claimed that the queen does not love Charles and vice versa is absolutely wrong. I very much liked it when he said her Royal duties were very much part of his daily routine, so I don't think he ever felt left out or unloved.
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2rhyme View Post
The Prince of Wales' tribute is already up on Youtube
I watched it last night on BBC and thought it was simply wonderful!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

What a beautiful tribute paid by Charles to his mother. I only became interested in the Royal family at a 5 year old when Princess Diana and Prince Charles got married. I always viewed the Queen as a fairytale like figure. How lucky she was to be Queen, the jewels, the clothes, traveling, and the whole word adored her. Seeing this video I saw her like me a mom of 4 children but she just gets to travel the world, have fabulous jewels and everyone knows her. Charles and Anne seemed to have quite a bit of video I would love to see Andrew and Edwards videos as well. It was nice seeing them as a family not the Royal Family.
At the end of this video I have to admit I was struck and thought for the very first time in my life ( I am pro Diana camp LOL) Charles will make a marvelous King. The Queen is celebrating quite a milestone this year. I am thrilled her son and Grandson the next 2 Kings are around with her to witness it all. I can only imagine what her photo albums will look like after this year. So much to be proud of all around. God Save the Queen!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Canadian members take note..

CHANNEL CANADA :: CTV News Canadian Exclusive: Lisa LaFlamme Sits Down With Prince Andrew, Duke of York, In Buckingham Palace to Discuss the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee

In a CTV News Canadian exclusive, Lisa LaFlamme sits down with Prince Andrew, Duke of York for an intimate interview at Buckingham Palace as he shares his thoughts on the Queen's remarkable 60-year reign.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Watching the tribute again. I really, really, really want to pick Prince Charles' brain right now. I hope he wrote down all these stories for future generations, it'd be a shame to lose them. I bet there are more stories...
Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Buckingham Palace looking good tonight:

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%22Buc...jdCEAAayTn.jpg
Old 06-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Absolutely stunning.
I wish I were in London right now, especially for tomorrow's festivities; this is truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
For confirmation purposes I asked and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with Prince Harry , Charles, Camilla and the Yorks and Wessexs' will all be present during Jubilee celebrations unlike today with the absence of Harry, William and Catherine and Charles and Camilla

Also Google is celebrating the Jubilee check it out!
Google
great great news! all the family together!
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

WOW! that is amazing I love it!
Old 06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Just finished watching Prince Charles' tribute to his mother, and I found it to be very, very intimate and touching. I love how he shared family stories, and gave commentaries on some of the footage, even if it was in the form of a giggle (those were my favorite) . I think we can conclude that the Prince of Wales was a very fun-loving little boy, with a touch of mischief. After all, how many of us would just randomly go under the coronation robes? (again, one of my favorite bits). I also loved that Anne was a little copy-cat (like most younger siblings), and copied what her big brother was doing (he put his hands over his eyes, and she followed suit). It's plain for all to see, that the Prince has a great deal of love, respect, reverence and admiration for his mother, not just because she's the monarch, but because she's his Mama. Like any child, he sees her as a hero of sorts (though I also think he may have seen her as something out of a fairy tale when she was all dressed up to go to some sort of event when he was really little). The footage of the coronation was something I've never seen before (at least not the colored film). It was very nice to hear about it from a child's perspective; a sense of wonder and excitement about being a part of something your parents are doing. I hope that he'll write some of these memories down, so that his grandchildren, great-grandchildren and so on will be able to read them and get a sense of what kind of people came before them. Sure, biographies and history books will mention Her Majesty and her children, but it won't be in such an intimate and touching manner.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I watched it last night on BBC and thought it was simply wonderful!
Brilliant!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Majesty

I have been trying to find out if and when this tribute will be shown in Australia and so far no luck - has anyone else here any information - even if the information is that it has already been shown and I missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo View Post
but, why, why? Kate and will dont go to Epsom derby????????????????

I don't think they are that interested in the races actually or they might have had to work (William and Harry are serving officers and so might have been on duty).

Kate also knows that whenever she appears what she wears takes the focus away from the real purpose of these events - the Queen's Jubilee.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Broadcast Times thread still has some sort of glitch cause I can't view the second page.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I think the Broadcast Times thread still has some sort of glitch cause I can't view the second page.
Glad to know I'm not the only one that couldn't access it. Hopefully someone who's tech savvy could figure that glitch out.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Majesty

This is for all the members who are from the US:

One of the forum members is trying to rip the Katie Curic special from last Tuesday so that she could upload it and share it on here (that way those who are not from the US can have access to it). I would have been more than happy to take this on, but unfortunately, I'm not tech savvy and have Internet with the speed of a snail on a good day . Here are the links and the instructions that were provided to me:

Hulu - ABC 20/20: The Jubilee Queen With Katie Couric - Watch the full episode now.
20/20 Season 31 Episode 107 | Full TV Episode Online - ABC.com

If you're a Windows user, then use stream transport and then use the link from hulu. If you're a Mac user than try DownloadHelper, which should work on Firefox and Safari.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance . It is appreciated.

Tags
diamond jubilee parade, windsor castle