The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bercow is a complete and utter waste of space. He loves the sound of his own voice. He and his awful wife bring their own particular brand of shamelessness to what was previously one of the most storied offices in the country.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I would love to have heard the DoE's comments about Bercow's remarks on the drive back to the Palace.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I would love to have heard the DoE's comments about Bercow's remarks on the drive back to the Palace.
You and me both!
Old 03-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Majesty

I thought Bercow's speech was absolutely atrocious. I felt there was a tone of condescension in there, and that's just not appropriate. However, the Speaker of the House of Lords did a fantastic job. Her speech was reverent and touching. She acknowledged Her Majesty's importance not just to the United Kingdom, but to the rest of the Commonwealth, and I really loved that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Bercow is a complete and utter waste of space. He loves the sound of his own voice. He and his awful wife bring their own particular brand of shamelessness to what was previously one of the most storied offices in the country.
I couldn't agree more. This is the first time I'm seeing this man speak, and I'm not impressed. He is throwing around his own importance on an occasion that has nothing to do with him.

Her Majesty's speech was fantastic. I loved the touch of humor, and the acknowledgement of her husband and family. Also, I loved the look on Prince Philip's face; it was pure adoration and respect. He wasn't seeing an elderly monarch, but the young girl he fell in love with all those years ago. His pride in his wife radiated off of him, especially when he closed his eyes during the National Anthem. It was lovely to see the standing ovation initiated by the Prime Minister. A display of affection and respect for a person who has done a great deal for her nation without being asked, and has rededicated herself to do more just last month. The window is a touching gift, and I bet it will look gorgeous during sunny days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Oh, to be a fly on the wall... . I'm sure he had a mouthful of witty one-liners that would leave one in tears from laughter.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

John Bercow's drunken-uncle routine mars the Queen's Jubilee address to Parliament – Telegraph Blogs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...=feeds-newsxml
Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Majesty

This one is definitely the type that wants to promote his own importance (or lack thereof). I wish someone would have just discretely gone up to the podium and led him back to his seat after about a minute of his drivel. Good grief.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This one is definitely the type that wants to promote his own importance (or lack thereof). I wish someone would have just discretely gone up to the podium and led him back to his seat after about a minute of his drivel. Good grief.

I agree with you
Interesting article ( see pictures of D.Cameron,angry face for Bercow's speech and The Speaker's wife )
Diamond Jubilee: The Queen addresses Parliament at Westminster Hall | Mail Online
Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post

I agree with you
Interesting article ( see pictures of D.Cameron,angry face for Bercow's speech and The Speaker's wife )
Diamond Jubilee: The Queen addresses Parliament at Westminster Hall | Mail Online
I thought the speech was a disaster, but then I saw his wife's outfit and reconsidered it (her dressing in such a way is just tasteless). Some people have no class, and refuse to at least learn what is expected when going to an event such as this.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent

His wife is a reality show "star", and he thought he was supposed to be the star of todays event. Both he and his wife have an overinflated view of their own importance. The problem wasn't that he mentioned sexuality in his address, the problem was that he just went on and on and ultimately said nothing. Even The Queen didn't talk as long as he did and it was her day.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Serene Highness

Ugh. The Speaker's speech was way too long, and his wife's control panty showing is ghastly.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Serene Highness

What can you say about people with not an ounce of class? Poor unfortunate souls. To have been born so is truly a curse. At least we at the forums are fortunate enough to know what class is and we truly appreciate good manners and proper protocol. As for the Queen, her speech was great. I too thought it was great that she included family and most of all the DoE who she considers her strength and helpmate throughout her reign. Brilliant.