The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She's the Australian representative, and the BBC have sold the rights to the concert to Australian TV, so she gets a decent amount of time.

Did the royals look bemused, or what?
Thanks goodness Kylie is done, but calling her performance "flawless" is just horrible.

Renee and Alfie! I hope they sing a Les Mis song. I don't really like Renee. Surely putting them on the balcony, puts them out of certain peoples view?

Alfie Boe and Renee Fleming! :clap:

Renee and Alfie!!!
Now that's an act to follow Kylie! Thank goodness!
Les Mis!!!

but calling her performance "flawless" is just horrible.

I don't think they did, Flawless were the male dancers who were with her. :flowers:

They better not shatter the vase behind them!

Brilliant idea to use the Palace balconies for part of the concert - Alfie Boe is amazing

Is it me or has it suddenly gone dark in London? It's still sunshine in Yorkshire.

The joy of being further north. It won't get properly dark in NI till about 10.30.

I don't know my musical theatre, what are they singing?

How bad does Kylie's performance look, compared to this divine music?
Her Majesty is sure to enjoy this one.

A fan fact: we just broke TRF record for must users online - 1,906, Today at 12:29 AM.

Renee and Alfie! I hope they sing a Les Mis song. I don't really like Renee. Surely putting them on the balcony, puts them out of certain peoples view?
Maybe they need to change the stage?
and it's somewhere form the west side story.

I don't think they did, Flawless were the male dancers who were with her. :flowers:
They better not shatter the vase behind them!
Ah, thanks for that. I know Flawless (back from BGT), but didn't realise it was them. :)

Last edited:
That was a really lovely performance. I wish they would have done another song.

Sir Elton John, in a hideous pink jacket! That light show is fantastic!

Elton John!
That jacket! I need sunglasses myself now.

Good performance though.

The joy of being further north. It won't get properly dark in NI till about 10.30.

I don't know my musical theatre, what are they singing?

Yes in Belfast we get at least another hour of daylight on the mainland

Oh god Elton - no doubt he'll try to take over the show and think its all about him :ermm:

Is it me or is Elton missing a few letters out of his words?

I usually like Rob Brydon, but what on earth was all that about? Cows and sheep? Am I missing something?

Sir Elton John is sponsored by the british national sequin company tonight...

I usually like Rob Brydon, but what on earth was all that about? Cows and sheep? Am I missing something?
And snakes. And I have no idea what he meant either. Although I'm not a Brit, so maybe I missed a cultural reference of some sort.

This guy is singing Your Song, at this event? Is he thick?

:previous:
Why is it wrong? Sorry, I really don't know.
I rather like this song, and the lyrics are not inappropriate either.

I don't think so; I'm a Brit and I have no idea. I think presenter-wise Jimmy Carr has been the best of a pretty poor bunch.

I love Elton John; I know he's a bit of a diva, but he's got some brilliant tunes in his repertoire. Plus, he was in hospital the other day so fair play to him for making it.

It's strange hearing him play a slow song like "Your song". Can't help but being reminded of Dianas funeral. Who would have thought, in 1997, that we would one day see him perform on this occasion?

And snakes. And I have no idea what he meant either. Although I'm not a Brit, so maybe I missed a cultural reference of some sort.

Think even the Britsih people watching on TV and in the Mall didnt have a clue what he was on about to be honest - though i imagine its at the expense of misconceptions about the UK that Americans believe

This guy is singing Your Song, at this event? Is he thick?

Maybe you're confusing with "Candle in the wind" (Diana's funerals)

How bad does Kylie's performance look, compared to this divine music?
Her Majesty is sure to enjoy this one.

A fan fact: we just broke TRF record for must users online - 1,906, Today at 12:29 AM.

Even her attempt at Irish dancing was bad!

Back
Top Bottom