The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why does Sir Paul McCartney always end these concerts???

Peter Kay is brilliant

Because nothing beats singing the chorus of Hey Jude 50 times? :)
Oh and he is also pretty awesome... ;P

I only wonder why the Royal suddenly all seem to have put on something black. HM, Catherine, Sophie... Is there something going on we don't know about? I hope not!

Her offical birthday is the anniversary of her coronation which is this weekend. The only reason the Trooping of the Colour (not her offical birthday) has been moved is because of this celebration on her accession to the throne (on the date of her coronation)

This event is celebrating the Jubilee, not her birthday. Two different events, else the trooping would have happened this weekend I expect. She ascended to the throne on the 6th Feb, she was crowned almost a year after said accession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I just see everyone standing for Sir Paul?

I only wonder why the Royal suddenly all seem to have put on something black. HM, Catherine, Sophie... Is there something going on we don't know about? I hope not!

Catherine has had a black coat on since she arrived, and as for other royals it has got pretty cold from what the news reporters are saying.

According to DM, the Queen is wearing ear plugs - and I don't blame her. :lol:

She's been wearing them from the start and wore them for the Golden Jubilee concert as well.

My favourite song after Hey Jude, Let It Be.

Last edited:
All my loving!
Always loved this song.

Because he's probably the greatest living Briton along with the Queen? Or because he was part of the greatest band of all time? Or because that band is the biggest selling of all time?

Also probably because Led Zeppelin are no longer together and Freddie Mercury is dead which rules out Queen.

GOd forbid... How inappropriate would that be?:ermm:
Probably they are just cold..

Let It Be!
No one ever can surpass the Beatles. Ever.

Well, Brian May did sing with the We Will Rock You cast at the Golden Jubilee Celebrations, he even played God Save the Queen on the roof on the Buckingham Palace.
To be honest, that Jubilee was much more fun.

This event is celebrating the Jubilee, not her birthday. Two different events, else the trooping would have happened this weekend I expect. She ascended to the throne on the 6th Feb, she was crowned almost a year after said accession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I just see everyone standing for Sir Paul?

Tropping the colour is traditionally the 3rd saturday of june - therefore this year its 16th

Granted Sir Paul has the status and ability to close events

Tropping the colour is traditionally the 3rd saturday of june - therefore this year its 16th

Traditionally it is actually the 2nd Saturday, and it is very rarely held on the 3rd Saturday of the month.

Live and Let Die, appropriate? Damn good song though! Fireworks. :D

There are so many things the so-called singers should learn from Sir Paul McCartney!!! What an energy! and he is just playing the piano and singing!

exactly - trooping the colour moved - not the offical birthday

Wow the fireworks during Live and Let Die were amazing looked like the palace was ablaze

Thought he pulled off his trousers then! They can't leave Hey Jude out, can they?

She'll be forced to unleash the corgis! :lol:
Obladi Oblada!

Everyone is on the stage, Elton and Cliff dancing together - priceless!

Love Sir Paul's jacket. Coming to an end now, all the performers are on stage.

I didn't know they were coming on stage, what a surprise! Wish Kylie and Gary would stop with the leading, i'm sure they know where to go.

Beacon lighting!

I hope not Lumutqueen!
They always come on stage, it's the standard procedure :)

The Queen, Prince Charles and Camilla on the stage. They got easily the loudest cheers of the night.

Prince Charles: "Your Majesty. Mammy." So sweet!
He's giving triubte to everyone, from Gary Barlow to the 600 technicians, and the weather (love the comment about him making the forecast).

Last edited:
Mummy! The look on The Queens face was priceless, that little turn of the head.

Mummy! The prince got it just right... And then the shout out to the hospital...

Last edited:
A comment about Philip, how touching. The Queen looks visible upset.

"Thank god the weathers turned out fine. The reason of course is that I didn't do the forecast"

THAT was LOUD!
People chanting Get Well! And the Queen looks very touched.

OMG how moving was that ! Philip ! Philip! Philip !

Ten years ago he said "Mummy" too. I remember my loughing so loud I almost fell from my chair. Funny thing is that the Queen apparently is not so keen on music but gets a concert everytime there is a jubilee ....

Back
Top Bottom