The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2012, 03:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen's Diamond Jubilee beats Royal Wedding for tweets - Telegraph

Old 06-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I'm sorry to say some of the older ones are losing their voices, not that i believe their voices were ever that great, but their songs suited them; i refer especially to Elton John, Paul McC, and Cliff; Elton especially appeared to slur some of his words. However Tom Jones' voice is still stunning; he really knows how to vocalise and his lungs appear as 'young' as ever. Robbie is good. Most of the rest are more known for being famous i think. Good to see Brian May in the royal box. Of course the opera singers were good (just that i don't like opera). None of the 'Sing' singers were especially outstanding but couldn't be faulted; they gave their all. Rolf sang very well off the cuff; he has a pleasant voice. THe highlight for me was the lightshow on Buckingham Palace, especially the stunning show put on for Madness' Our House (in the middle of One's street). The explosions on Live and Let Die probably took Her Majesty back to the war and the bombing of Buckingham Palace! The fireworks were just great; i wonder what the inhabitants of the Palace thought about their home being used in such a way; i bet they were delighted. I hope the corgis were shut up somewhere safely with earplugs on.
I agree! Tom Jones is the only one whos voice seems just as good as it ever was! His performance was fantastic, I noticed Timothy Lawrence really seemed to enjoy singing along with 'Delilah'
On Rolf Harris, it was good having him at the concert, it's very sweet how much he respects and adores The Queen. It was nice he got to introduce the video tribute, which was one of my favourite parts!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Eugenie speaks about the Jubilee weekend
Princess Eugenie: Diamond Jubilee Hard For Queen Without Duke By Her Side | UK News | Sky News
Old 06-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Charles was wonderful. Great speech. I never, in my younger days, thought Prince Charles would be more handsome than Paul McCartney, to whom time has not been kind.
I have to agree with you there!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
I am so sad that it's now over. What a great time it was. I hope in 10 years we will celebrate a new huge anniversary.
I do very much hope we reach a Platinum Jubilee. I can't image when they'll think of if we get to that milestone to top this weekend, but if my enthusiasm for the Diamond Jubilee is anything to go by I'll probably pass out from excitement
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Backstage at the Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace
London, England - 04.06.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Quote:
A picnic in the gardens of Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
London, England - 05.06.12
WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Quote:
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a street party in Piccadilly
London, England - 03.06.12
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...78&version=caf

Quote:
Epsom Derby Festival at Epsom Racecourse
Epsom, Surrey - 02.06.12
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...19&version=caf

Quote:
Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace. Queen Elizabeth II celebrates the 60th anniversary of her ascension to the throne
London, England - 04.06.12
http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?acti...565&version=uk
Old 06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This is a lovely story kind of attached to the Jubilee, Stevie Wonder was staying at the London Dorchester Hotel for the concert, and the night after the man himself popped in to serenade a couple at their wedding reception. Such a lovely man.

Stevie Wonder serenades newlyweds at wedding reception as he was staying at the same hotel | Mail Online

Tags
diamond jubilee concert