The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HELP!!!
Does anyone know any link with the full concert? I mean the BBC one that will be available on DVD, just because I can't work with bittorrent

I watched the Tv coverage of the Thames pageant and I thought the Queen and the Duchess of Cambridge looked wonderful. Shame about the weather, though.

What a lovely service from St Paul's Cathedral on Tuesday, how lovely the Queen looked in that pale aquamarine outfit with the sparkling crystals on her hat but what a pity that Prince Philip couldn't be with her.

Someone has uploaded the footage from the concert of the video tribute, one of my favourite parts of the night! The Queens Diamond Jubilee Concert - Beautiful Day - YouTube
It was great seeing The Queen make an adress on television- I think this went better than we all could have imagined, and I think she was very touched by the response of people, especially in light of her husbands absence

I am not familiar with alot of the performers that were in the concert and I am iffy in my opinion on alot of them. But I have to say the best performers were Paul McCartney and Elton John.

I'm sorry to say some of the older ones are losing their voices, not that i believe their voices were ever that great, but their songs suited them; i refer especially to Elton John, Paul McC, and Cliff; Elton especially appeared to slur some of his words. However Tom Jones' voice is still stunning; he really knows how to vocalise and his lungs appear as 'young' as ever. Robbie is good. Most of the rest are more known for being famous i think. Good to see Brian May in the royal box. Of course the opera singers were good (just that i don't like opera). None of the 'Sing' singers were especially outstanding but couldn't be faulted; they gave their all. Rolf sang very well off the cuff; he has a pleasant voice. THe highlight for me was the lightshow on Buckingham Palace, especially the stunning show put on for Madness' Our House (in the middle of One's street). The explosions on Live and Let Die probably took Her Majesty back to the war and the bombing of Buckingham Palace! The fireworks were just great; i wonder what the inhabitants of the Palace thought about their home being used in such a way; i bet they were delighted. I hope the corgis were shut up somewhere safely with earplugs on.

Last edited:
Charles was wonderful. Great speech. I never, in my younger days, thought Prince Charles would be more handsome than Paul McCartney, to whom time has not been kind.

I think Charles has aged gracefully and looks more handsome in his later years than in his younger.

Last edited:
I watched the concert last night. I don't know whether there was a problem with the artist's earpieces but a lot seemed to have difficulty singing in tune. That wouldn't explain why the problem only affected some and not all of them.

I particularly enjoyed Madness (my era) and the two opera singers. I thought Tom Jones and Shirley Bassey were excellent and I thought Robbie Williams and Stevie Wonder did a good job too. I came in right at the end of Jessie J's performance but what I heard I thought was great.

All in all I thought the performances at the Golden Jubliee concerts were better/more even and I preferred the format of a classical concert and separate pop concert rather than something that more resembled the Royal Variety Performance. I have the two Golden Jubilee concerts on DVD and enjoy rewatching them. Not sure I'll be buying this one (if it's released).

I'm sorry to say some of the older ones are losing their voices, not that i believe their voices were ever that great, but their songs suited them; i refer especially to Elton John, Paul McC, and Cliff; Elton especially appeared to slur some of his words. However Tom Jones' voice is still stunning; he really knows how to vocalise and his lungs appear as 'young' as ever. Robbie is good. Most of the rest are more known for being famous i think. Good to see Brian May in the royal box. Of course the opera singers were good (just that i don't like opera). None of the 'Sing' singers were especially outstanding but couldn't be faulted; they gave their all. Rolf sang very well off the cuff; he has a pleasant voice. THe highlight for me was the lightshow on Buckingham Palace, especially the stunning show put on for Madness' Our House (in the middle of One's street). The explosions on Live and Let Die probably took Her Majesty back to the war and the bombing of Buckingham Palace! The fireworks were just great; i wonder what the inhabitants of the Palace thought about their home being used in such a way; i bet they were delighted. I hope the corgis were shut up somewhere safely with earplugs on.

I agree! Tom Jones is the only one whos voice seems just as good as it ever was! His performance was fantastic, I noticed Timothy Lawrence really seemed to enjoy singing along with 'Delilah'
On Rolf Harris, it was good having him at the concert, it's very sweet how much he respects and adores The Queen. It was nice he got to introduce the video tribute, which was one of my favourite parts!

Charles was wonderful. Great speech. I never, in my younger days, thought Prince Charles would be more handsome than Paul McCartney, to whom time has not been kind.

:lol: I have to agree with you there!

I am so sad that it's now over. What a great time it was. I hope in 10 years we will celebrate a new huge anniversary.

I do very much hope we reach a Platinum Jubilee. I can't image when they'll think of if we get to that milestone to top this weekend, but if my enthusiasm for the Diamond Jubilee is anything to go by I'll probably pass out from excitement:lol:

Backstage at the Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace
London, England - 04.06.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

A picnic in the gardens of Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
London, England - 05.06.12

WENN Photo Library - Search Results

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attend a street party in Piccadilly
London, England - 03.06.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=174478&version=caf

Epsom Derby Festival at Epsom Racecourse
Epsom, Surrey - 02.06.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=174419&version=caf

Diamond Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace. Queen Elizabeth II celebrates the 60th anniversary of her ascension to the throne
London, England - 04.06.12

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?action=quicksearch&ppid=174565&version=uk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom