The Diamond Jubilee Weekend: June 2-5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think I've ever seen more genuine emotion on the Queen's face than when the crowd was chanting for Philip. I hope he's okay.

Patience, Nico, it's coming I'm sure.

Overall, I thought tonight was amazing. It wasn't perfect by any means; but the respect and affection for the Queen and, indeed, Prince Philip was palpable and genuine. The stage was beautifully situated, the weather was good with the setting sun bathing everything in a warm glow. A touching speech from Prince Charles, heartfelt cheers for Prince Philip, followed by lovely fireworks. A special word also for the wonderful light projections on BP.

All in all, a worthy tribute to our much-loved Queen.

Whilst waiting impatiently for "newer" pictures, I stumbled across this lovely picture of (L-R) Lady Sarah Chatto, the Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William, Zara Tindall and Prince Harry (or half of him that is). Looks like they were having fun (which I'm sure I would have too, if only Danish tv had decided to air the concert on an available channel, sigh).

I have no words...
Charles's speech and everything he has said was so genuine, so emotional . I've had a feeling that it was rather difficult for Queen to keep her tears in that moment, though she came through all these official ceremonies all her life.

Seen again Charle's speech on sky. The Queen was indeed incredibly moved and fore sure with some tears ! She obviously tried hard to keep her composure during the incredible cheers from the crowd for Philip.

I don't think I've ever seen more genuine emotion on the Queen's face than when the crowd was chanting for Philip. I hope he's okay.

I thought the same. The Queen doesn't openly show emotion all that often but I think the genuine affection for her husband moved her. I know it did me!

Drats! No live coverage here in the USA. Hopefully YouTube will have the video up soon! :)

You mean for the performers? I think it's probably ongoing as we speak. Things went on a little bit late, but not too bad. I think it was only the younger royals attending that one, so I'd say HM is probably off to bed.

You mean for the performers? I think it's probably ongoing as we speak. Things went on a little bit late, but not too bad. I think it was only the younger royals attending that one, so I'd say HM is probably off to bed.

yes, let's wait to se some pics

Very nice speech and heartfelt. I do think, however, that QEII has learned how to be so stoic that, perhaps, she can't show as much emotion as the situation deserves. And, I don't say this is any way disrespectful ... I would, however, have liked to see her show a bit more emotion. However, that stoicism is what makes her so unique. Three Cheers for Her Majesty! I do have the utmost respect for you and how you conduct yourself. Hip, hip, hooray!

Yep and I believe she is spending the night at Windsor since she's been there from yesterday, I've been told. Tonight is going to be insane for me so I have to go stock up on coffee, I'll see you guys later.

Last edited:
Very nice speech and heartfelt. I do think, however, that QEII has learned how to be so stoic that, perhaps, she can't show as much emotion as the situation deserves. And, I don't say this is any way disrespectful ... I would, however, have liked to see her show a bit more emotion. However, that stoicism is what makes her so unique. Three Cheers for Her Majesty! I do have the utmost respect for you and how you conduct yourself. Hip, hip, hooray!

I think stoicism was very much part of that generation. My parents were much the same and tried to teach us all that emotion, no matter if joy or grief, should never be expressed in public view.

the only time I remember where you could see HM crying was when the Britannia was decommissioned. But she was visibly close to tears today when the crowd was shouting Philip.

Oh my, I couldn't hold the tears back when Charles talked about Philip, the look on Her Majesty's face ... wow. The whole speech was so beautiful, such a nice tribute to the Queen. Well done Charles, well done.

I wonder if anyone will post any vids of the concert. I missed it though my luck I wouldn't have been able to watch it online. I know we will get some of it on ABC tomorrow night, but it would be nice to watch it without the commerical interupptions.

Charles speech was really nice and it got me a bit teary to.

I think it was so wonderful for Charles to pay tribute to both is parents ... he knows how important Papa is to Maman. Nice touch .. it is very much Prince Philip's Diamond Jubilee also.

Back
Top Bottom