The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving and Carriage Procession: June 5, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After watching all of the celebrations, it's making me feel British But I am Irish,Yet I feel British and I LOVE The British Royal Family...

I'm Irish and I know exactly what you mean.My paternal side is very much English and from the county of Kent.

Loved watching the various Diamond Jubilee events!

I'm Irish and I know exactly what you mean.My paternal side is very much English and from the county of Kent.

Loved watching the various Diamond Jubilee events!

Most of my Paternal side live in England,I would very much LOVE to move over. Hopefully one day I Will......

Interesting. I knew that was how her Canadian standard works, but I'd always assumed the palace was a little more exacting.

The Queen left at what half 9? 10 O Clock this morning? You don't forget that HM isn't there.

I'm not suggesting they've forgotten the Queen's not there, rather that they just forgot to change the flag over. Quite frankly, though, does it really matter?

Who would've guessed at the Golden Jubilee in 2002 that Camilla would be sitting beside the Queen during the carriage procession for her Diamond Jubilee? How far we've all come.

Quite a triumph for Camilla isn't it ? I 'm already hearing some gasps lol

The other day, someone mentioned how much Camilla looks as if she belongs there.
It was quite apparent today as well; she was completely at ease, almost as if the whole thing was natural to her from birth. :)

I am able to watch Sky News and their commentator is really good. His military & protocol knowledge is very interesting. He used to ride in the procession.

I noticed that there was an umbrella discretely placed in the carriage ahead of time, and HM kept it handy as they set off. Luckily, it wasn't needed.

And it was lovely to see her smiling during the carriage ride. I suspect seeing all those horses really cheered her up.

Yes, I have switched from watching BBC to SKY after their poor coverage of the pageant. I think SKY has done an excellent job.

The lady who's amassed that HUGE collection... Wow!

Rigth now the BBC is showing a collection of jubilee gadgets...
I'm watching the video on the Daily Mail site. At least they're showing the parade.

I am able to watch Sky News and their commentator is really good. His military & protocol knowledge is very interesting. He used to ride in the procession.

That's Allastair Bruce. A few interesting facts about him; he designed the Middletons' coat of arms in his role as one of the Queen's heralds. He's also been the historical advisor for Downton Abbey, and the films The King's Speech and The Young Victoria.

That's Allastair Bruce. A few interesting facts about him; he designed the Middletons' coat of arms in his role as one of the Queen's heralds. He's also been the historical advisor for Downton Abbey, and the films The King's Speech and The Young Victoria.

Thank you for the info. I wish I had found their coverage on Sunday (if he was doing it). Was watching CBC but Peter Mansbridge was annoying & watched BBC online.

Yes, I have switched from watching BBC to SKY after their poor coverage of the pageant. I think SKY has done an excellent job.

:previous:
SKY is better that BBC IMO I watched parallel both ;):)

I still hope that maybe still all children and grandchildren of the Queen will have a appearance at the balcony :whistling::flowers:

SKY is better that BBC IMO I watched parallel both ;):)

I still hope that maybe still all children and grandchildren of the Queen will have a appearance at the balcony :whistling::flowers:
I'm switching between channels as well.
I must say though that BBC's carriage isn't really bad; could have been better, of course, but it's not exactly a catastrophe (an odd mishap or two notwithstanding).

Each time I witness the crowd's orderly procession up the Mall, I marvel. It is a tribute to this country!y unique approach to orderly queues!

Each time I witness the crowd's orderly procession up the Mall, I marvel. It is a tribute to this country!y unique approach to orderly queues!
Indeed. In most other countries, there might have been disruptions and incidents. But then you Brits are known for the orderly queues.
That crowd is endless! The more people arriving, the more there seem to be somewhere at the end.

I'm trying to imagine Philip watching the balcony appearance from his hospital bed. And apparently Edward, Sophie, and the kids have dropped by the hospital to visit him, which means they'll all be watching together.

And the royals are on the balcony!
The cheers are quite deafening. :)

It's a bit weird seeing so few members of the Royal Family up there though.

I'm trying to imagine Philip watching the balcony appearance from his hospital bed. And apparently Edward, Sophie, and the kids have dropped by the hospital to visit him, which means they'll all be watching together.
from Twitter
“@skynewssarah: Prince Edward visiting his father in hospital as Queen prepares for balcony appearance”

Back
Top Bottom