The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Diamond Jubilee HM Queen Elizabeth II - The Official BBC Highlights

The Diamond Jubilee HM Queen Elizabeth II - The Official BBC Highlights DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Quote:
Between 2nd - 5th June 2012, the nation came together to celebrate Queen Elizabeth IIís Diamond Jubilee. This commemorative release contains highlights from the remarkable Jubilee Thames Pageant and the Service of Thanksgiving.
The Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant:
To the delight of the crowds lining the banks of the Thames, decorated craft of all descriptions brought the river to life in a joyous and colourful display accompanied by chiming bells, spectacular fireworks and a naval gun salute.
Service of Thanksgiving & Carriage Procession:
Including all the highlights of the service at St Paulís Cathedral as well as the magnificent pomp and pageantry of the royal carriagesí return journey, the appearance of the Royal Family on the Buckingham Palace balcony and the RAF flypast.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Presumably the BBC are going to release the concert highlights separately to sting us for even more money. So, we've already paid for this via our license fee, then we have to pay again for this DVD and most likely another one with the concert. No wonder the BBC can afford to pay the salaries they do.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Royal Highness

Well, good luck with that everyone....I think I'll wait until ITN release their DVD thanks very much! Unless of-course the BBC have managed to edit all of the following:
references to the "Duchess" of Wessex, "Her Royal Highness" The Queen and a sick-bag sporting an image of the Queen; amateur reporters talking to people no-one has the least bit interest in (such as people trying to paint pictures in the rain and all those awful people desperate to tell the world how long their journey was down to London and those that claim they've been to every single Jubilee and Royal Wedding since time began); fuzzy shots from cameras placed in such ridiculously windswept and exposed spots on the top of high buildings where rain or shine there would be no hope of glimpsing anything other than an aircraft carrier or oil tanker. And I do hope they have managed to include all the hundreds of interesting things that were JUST about to happen before they decided to switching cameras onto something far less historic, informative and relevant.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Courtier

I'm afraid I certainly won't be buying these highlights however wonderful an occasion it was. In Australia we always get the BBC coverage live on the ABC and after the River Pageant debacle I am going to shudder everytime I see the big "BBC" lettering in an opening titles before a major event. I agree with Jacknch about the poor coverage, and I for one was gobsmacked when not even 30 minutes in the commentator said "Her Royal Highness the Queen". Although I shouldn't complain too much as yesterday one of the channels here was talking about a photo from the Garter Day events with "the Duchess of Essex (read:Sophie, Countess of Wessex), Kate Middleton and Camilla Parker-Bowles" (I kid you not, that's what the newsreader said)
Old 06-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I won't be buying this and I downloaded the concert off the iPlayer website so I can put it on to DVD.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 AM
Gentry

May I ask, has the BBC -or anyone else for that matter- released any dvd with the main Jubilee festivities of June for those who want to keep it in their collection? Anyone knows where such an issue may be found..?
Old 08-11-2012, 05:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
May I ask, has the BBC -or anyone else for that matter- released any dvd with the main Jubilee festivities of June for those who want to keep it in their collection? Anyone knows where such an issue may be found..?
The Diamond Jubilee HM Queen Elizabeth II - The Official BBC Highlights DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Quote:
The Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant:
To the delight of the crowds lining the banks of the Thames, decorated craft of all descriptions brought the river to life in a joyous and colourful display accompanied by chiming bells, spectacular fireworks and a naval gun salute.
Service of Thanksgiving & Carriage Procession:
Including all the highlights of the service at St Paulís Cathedral as well as the magnificent pomp and pageantry of the royal carriagesí return journey, the appearance of the Royal Family on the Buckingham Palace balcony and the RAF flypast.
There isn't a DVD of the Jubilee Concert as of yet.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
There isn't a DVD of the Jubilee Concert as of yet.
No, but maybe the Jubilee Concert DVD will be in this package:

Diamond Jubilee Package [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV
Old 08-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Gentry

Thanks!
Does this dvd have a menu option for multiple language subtitles..?