The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

This is indeed the biggest royal gathering since the funeral of the Queen Mother and the Golden Jubilee. Plus it extends to foreign royalty instead of just the European ones. But i think the Foreign Office may have forgotten or left Bhutan, Cambodia and Oman as well?

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-18-2012, 01:10 AM
Heir Apparent

I imagine trying to figure out the protocol and precedence of that group would be a nightmare, although if they follow the practice used at Williams wedding it may be a case of first come first served.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Some news...
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
@HRHDuchesskate Erm, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say. Better not, given the security issues. But roughly as you'd expect for a lunch.
@HRHDuchesskate I'll be outside the castle though so hope to be able to tweet something useful, perhaps about protests if there are any.
Also tune into BBC I just watched a bit and they have someone outside of Windsor castle so I expect they'll prob have a little something later.

This is important to know
Quote:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter @HRHDuchesskate National newspaper royal correspondents have been banned from the castle. They claim they don't have room. PA and BBC there
Quote:
Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN Monarchs of Bahrain and Swaziland confirmed as guests to Queens lunch at Windsor. Amnesty hits out. Details on #CNN from 11BST
Palace: Every World Monarch invited as a matter of course. We have been supported by the FCO for this event.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

BBC has a news piece on the lunch, which mainly discussed the 'snubs' and the controversial guests. They mentioned that all sovereign monarchs were invited, so whoever isn't attending chose not to.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would be so pleased if there will be a group photo and this would be an amazing group photo. I have never seen so much monarchs at one picture.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I imagine trying to figure out the protocol and precedence of that group would be a nightmare, although if they follow the practice used at Williams wedding it may be a case of first come first served.
I was just thinking that too!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Majesty

I believe at an event like this precedence relates to length of reign making it quite easy really - simply done by date of accession.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Romanian Royals will be present but not HM Queen Ana:

Regele Mihai la Jubileul Reginei Elisabeta a II-a | Romania. Altfel
Old 05-18-2012, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Given the vast majority of Britons likely couldn't name any foreign royals, the BBC have decided to try and educate us on each of the monarchs. Quite a nifty little graphic:

BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: Kings and queens around the world
Old 05-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Is Prince William & Catherine attending the dinner? Last I read a few days ago that they weren't, not sure if things have changed.

Does anyone know what the dress code is for the lunch and dinner?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Courtier

Can anyone live in London describe what is happening now at Windsor Castle? Is there any update or crossover by BBC or any TV channel on the luncheon? What about the guests arriving - I am only seeing pictures of the armed forces rehearsing.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sky News just said that the dress code is lounge suits, so pretty informal. The guests will be sitting at round tables and one British royal will sit at each table. I think that the guests are all in place and the lunch is underway.

Last we heard William and Kate are due to attend the luncheon, but not Prince Charles's dinner at BP tonight.

I suspect in terms of photos, we'll probably get a handout group picture, but not much more than that.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Courtier

Thank you for updating. Great to hear the presence of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Royal Highness

I doubt we will watch many photos of the luncheon at Windsor castle and and we will get any more about the dinner at BP. I remember we had no photos abouth the 60th' birthday of Prince Charles apart some photos of the cars of the personnalities which arrived there
Perhaps we will get a handout group picture
Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate is definitely there, she's wearing an outfit by Emilia Wickstead as per Richard Palmer.

There will be photos, media access has been restricted within the Castle to Press Association and the BBC.

Sky News just showed some footage of the Queen and DoE inside. HM seems to be wearing a kind of silver coloured skirt suit.

Apparently William and Kate are unlikely to be bowing/curtseying to the monarchs as there are so many of them.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Nobility

I do hope Kate wears Emilia Wickstead. Her outifs are absolutly gorgeous and ultra feminine. I adore her dresses, so fluid and so elegant.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru
I do hope Kate wears Emilia Wickstead. Her outifs are absolutly gorgeous and ultra feminine. I adore her dresses, so fluid and so elegant.
It's been confirmed as EIIR said in the post above, that she is wearing Emilia.

UPDATE: Kate is wearing a pink Alice coat dress.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Just a note, The Princess Royal is not attending the lunch, she's in Athens bringing the torch to Cornwall.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

On the menu today is English Asparagus Tartlet, Windsor Lamb & Kent Strawberries with Vanilla Charlotte.

Sounds yummy.

UPDATE: could Kate be in a pink version of this?

http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/autum...stead#/image/1
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That link takes me to a 5 page gallery EIIR?