The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Diamond Jubilee 2012

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Were the Spanish royals there, or, given the current swirling rumors, they chose to stay out of the limelight?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

No Spanish royals attended. Queen Sofia pulled out this week.

I was just thinking, William, Catherine and Harry aren't attending the dinner tonight perhaps because they're going to see the torch arrive with their Aunt?

Old 05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Our Jubilee girls:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

If they are talking about their first anniversaries?!?

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img...517x/28972.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Great pictures, great gathering - Thank you to all who posted.
My favourite is Charlene of Monaco: the new haircut is great and the aqua colour suits her so well [she wore aqua too at her civil wedding]. I must say i would have liked to see more colour outfits on the ladies [many of the dresses are gray, navy etc.]. Can;t wait to see the pictures of tonight.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

What a superb occassion! It's great to see everyone together! Just wanted to thank all those who have kindly posted links and photos ;-)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has there been any event where so many monarchs and royals came together in history? I guess this day today was a very historical day for the world.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

My King (Albert II) warmly welcomed by HM Queen Elisabeth and my Queen is wearing a usual a recycled dress (State visit of Sweden ??)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

lovely pictures of the gathering. i hope we get to see some more footage!

a picture of charlene curtsying the queen:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0yo_xLzug4.../s640/x610.jpg
the picture made me confused. seeing charlene is the wife of the head of state, i wonder if it's appropriate for her to curtsy the queen. (however, clearly charlene is a less senior royal, younger and wife of the sovereign herself, whereas the queen is sovereign in her own right. but none of the other queens would curtsy her, so i don't know why charlene does so: how protocolar is it?)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Aristocracy

Charlene does do a beautiful curtsey, though! My guess is she was told that was the appropriate greeting, for whatever reason.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she talked to Mette Marit before going to Windsor. I don't think as the wife of a head of state it was required of her but it is really no different than Philip bowing to the Emperor of Japan.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Charlene does do a beautiful curtsey, though! My guess is she was told that was the appropriate greeting, for whatever reason.
It was IMO a lovely gesture from a young, new royal to the much respected and admired Queen of Queens.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Serene Highness

Is in the evening a bankett for the royal guests in Windsor castle?

And which program is tomorrow?
Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Courtier

I completely agree - I loved the warmth that was evident - and more so we were able to see HM greeting each guest as they arrived - much the way any gracious hostess would do. It was just done so well and HM looks happy - very happy in these photos.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes At Buckingham Palace at the Grand Entrance where we see guests including Princess Charlene of Monaco and Queen Rania of Jordan arrive
First update for banquet
Quote:
Arthur Edwards ‏@ArthurJEdwards I photographed the Queens greeting foreign royals who lunched with her at Windsor Castle. Many of the European royals greeted HM very warmly
Quote:
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Protesters outside Buckingham Palace are pack up now before the evening starts
Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror So far there is a gathering of about 200 protesters at Buckingham Palace and a light police presence

Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty The Sovereign's Dinner tonight In BP is one of the largest gatherings of royals in recent times #Jubilee
Oh and may I say I LOVE all the pix from the lunch!!!
Quote:
Chris Jackson ‏@ChrisJack_Getty Royals will arrive at Buckingham Palace in order of 'length of service' #Jubilee #sovereigns
Not long now I assume...
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
It was IMO a lovely gesture from a young, new royal to the much respected and admired Queen of Queens.
Yes, it was. !

Charlene's new hairstyle and the pictures of her in profile also reminded me of Diana, Princess of Wales when she used to style her hair in a similar fashion.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarebaby View Post
Were the Spanish royals there, or, given the current swirling rumors, they chose to stay out of the limelight?
Sadly, for Sofia, she was ordered by the Spanish Government to withdraw her acceptance and not attend. The whole issue has been discussed in the Spanish section.

I'm sure that she would have greatly enjoyed the event .
Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammaSueSue View Post
Fully agree; I'm sure in this case protocol and procedure fly out the window when greeting a venerated monarch ensconced on the throne for so long. And as noted, Prince Philip bowed to the Emperor of Japan, so no one's really sticking to a rule book here.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursulajohanna
Is in the evening a bankett for the royal guests in Windsor castle?

And which program is tomorrow?
This evening's dinner is at Buckingham Palace and I didn't think anything was happening tomorrow. Nothing public.

Dinner this evening is Cheese Souffle, Sea Bass then Eton Mess.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the information!
Was during the day more program or only the Lunch?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

According to the Luxembourg royal court page The Grand Duke and Grand Duchess along with Prince Louis and Princess tessy are attending a militry parade at Windsor tomorrow. Don't know what is involved in the parade or if any of the other visiting royals will still be in town to attend as well.

19-05-2012
"Jubilé de Diamant" de Sa Majesté la Reine Elizabeth II

12h00: Home Park, Windsor (Royaume-Uni)
Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse assisteront à la Parade militaire en présence de Sa Majesté la Reine Elizabeth II.
13h00: Ascot (Royaume-Uni)
Leurs Altesses Royales le Grand-Duc et la Grande-Duchesse, accompagnées de Leurs Altesses Royales le Prince Louis et la Princesse Tessy, assisteront au déjeuner privé offert par Lady Elizabeth Shakerley à l’issue de la Parade militaire