The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2012, 01:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
^^^^^^^^
Now I'm confused. If the celebration starts on BBC uk at 9am on tuesday 5th, then it can't start at 9am EST in the US. Or can it?
By the time the 5th comes around the celebration will be over. I am talking of the River Thames celebration on Sunday.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:03 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeOfAster View Post
By the time the 5th comes around the celebration will be over..
Nope. By the time Tuesday comes around we'll be seeing one of the biggest events of the bank holiday weekend. Thanksgiving service, procession, balcony appearance and the military flypast.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee 2012: What do we really know about the woman who's ruled us for 60 years? | Mail Online

Old 05-27-2012, 06:04 AM
Majesty

Well it wouldn't matter if I could watch it as it looks like we down here may not see it anyway - unless you have digital (I don't) so I can't even tape it.

Guess what the ABC is running instead of the Queen's diamond jubilee?

Last year for the royal wedding all four free to air stations had some sort of coverage but this year for the Queen it looks like we are getting stiffed, possibly because of the time difference but who knows. 10 years ago there was a decent amount of coverage. There just doesn't seem to be any interest at all here.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

Nope. By the time Tuesday comes around we'll be seeing one of the biggest events of the bank holiday weekend. Thanksgiving service, procession, balcony appearance and the military flypast.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee 2012: What do we really know about the woman who's ruled us for 60 years? | Mail Online
I hope they will air that as well on BBC America. I only can see the schedule through Monday at 5 am of that week. Wish I was there. After the Thames Pageant they have airing that night at 8pm the Diamond Queen which I will watch and of course record on DVR. This Tuesday on ABC they are airing a special that involves interviews with the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry and staff of Her Majasty. Katie Couric will be doing the interviews. It is very exciting and I have to say having this site has helped widen that excitement with all of you keeping us informed. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
CBC will be airing the concert. 4pm-7pm, 5pm-8pm or 6pm-9pm (mountain time :) ) depending which CBC channel you want to watch!!
yes!!! 7-10pm for me! cannot wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm hoping for a live stream of the concert from somewhere. It would be a shame to miss it, since there are some really great artists performing (well, OK, so the only one I'm interested in seeing is Dame Shirley Bassey, but still).
I believe Good Morning America is live streaming in association with yahoo.com but if they don't here's the link I use to watch BBC One which is airing it.
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=55
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is my refined list of times for Diamond Jubilee celebrations taking place from June 3rd- June 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

June 3rd: The Thames River Pageant begins at 2:30pm till around 6pm
Quote:
14:30GMT – The Queen embarks the Royal barge, the Spirit of Chartwell, near Albert Bridge
It would therefore be 6:30am PST till about 10:00am PST
It would be 9:30am EST till about 1PM EST

June 4th
: The BBC Concert begins at 7:30pm till 10:30pm Uk Time
It would be 11:30am PST till about 2:30pm PST
It would be 2:30pm EST till about 5:30 PM EST
Quote:
19:30GMT – Diamond Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace begins
After 22:30GMT – The Queen lights the National Beacon outside Buckingham Palace
June 5th: The Thanksgiving Service and procession/flypast is listed as beginning at around 10:00am UK time till about 11:30am The Procession then begins at around 2:20PM and flypast is listed at 3:25pm UK Time
It would be 2:00am PST till about 3:30am PST. The Procession would be at 6:20am PST and Flypast at 7:25am PST
It would be 5:00am EST till about 6:30am EST. The Procession would be at 9:20am EST and Flypast at 10:25am EST

Quote:
10:15GMT – The Queen leaves Buckingham Palace by car
10:30-11.30GMT – Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul’s
12.30GMT – The Queen travels by car from Mansion House to the Palace of Westminster
14:20GMT – Carriage Procession from Westminster Hall to Buckingham Palace commences
Approximately 15:25GMT – Royal Family appear on the Balcony at Buckingham Palace
http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/central-weekend

Here is also a list of American/Canadian tv channels airing coverage:

CBC:
June 3rd- Thames River Pageant 6:30-11am PST
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service 4:30am-7am PST
June 5th Diamond Jubilee Concert 7-10pm PST

ABC:
May 29th Katie Courcis interview William and Harry 9-11pm PS
June 5th Diamond Jubilee Concert - 9-11pm PST

CNN:
June 3rd-Thames River Pageant-8-10am PST
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service - 6-8am PST

BBC Canada
June 3rd - Thames River Pageant - 6-10am PST
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service - 1-8am PST

* All time are in PST. For EST time zone just go forward 3 hours from the PST times*
* To watch Live from BBC One for those outside of the uk please go here:
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=55
* Please use times provided at the top of this post for this particular link*

Enjoy!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

i am so happy this will air in america thanks 4 all the info everyone
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Commoner

Is the Jubilee going to be televised on American television?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah2016 View Post
Is the Jubilee going to be televised on American television?
yes, CNN and BBC-A will have some coverage. I believe they'll be showing the Jubilee Pageant on the 3rd and the Thanksgiving Service, Carriage Procession, Balcony appearance and flypast on the 5th. The Jubilee Concert will be shown on ABC on the 5th as well. If you check back a few pages, there's a post with all the times.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

So, question for my fellow Brits. Are you watching on BBC, ITV or Sky?

The BBC won a BAFTA for their Royal Wedding coverage the other day, which made me chuckle given the way they were slaughtered here for not concentrating on any of the foreign royals.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
yes, CNN and BBC-A will have some coverage. I believe they'll be showing the Jubilee Pageant on the 3rd and the Thanksgiving Service, Carriage Procession, Balcony appearance and flypast on the 5th. The Jubilee Concert will be shown on ABC on the 5th as well. If you check back a few pages, there's a post with all the times.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

For those of you who live in the Midwest, coverage begins this Sunday at 7:30 AM CST on BBC America, and will run till about 12:30 PM or so with the Thames River Flotilla.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's my list of Broadcast Times for the Jubilee please feel free to add on or correct any mistakes
The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012
Old 06-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

According to this post by Lady Marmalade:
Quote:
For those of you who live in the Midwest, coverage begins this Sunday at 7:30 AM CST on BBC America, and will run till about 12:30 PM or so with the Thames River Flotilla.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=ghost_night554;1421013]I guess this goes here I dunno
ABC News Celebrates Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth IIís Diamond Jubilee with Unprecedented Access to the Royal Family and Celebration Concert - ABC News

Does anyone know where I can watch The Jubilee Queen with Katie Couric? The ABC site wont play it outside of the US.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Ok since I dunno what happened to the original post here are the refined times:

June 3rd: The Thames River Pageant begins at 2:30pm till around 6pm though it's listed till 5:15pm-5:30pm but I'd say give or take

It would therefore be 6:30am/7:00am PST till about 9:30am/10:00am PST
It would be 9:40am/10:00am EST till about 12:30pm/1PM EST

June 4th
: The BBC Concert begins at 7:30pm Officially it's listed as mid evening till 10:30-10:45 PM Uk Time After that the lighting of the National Beacon occurs
It would be 9:30am PST till about 2:45pm PST
It would be 12:30PM/1PM EST till about 5:45 PM EST

June 5th: The Thanksgiving Service and procession/flypast is listed as beginning at around 10:00am UK time till about 11am The Procession then begins at around 2:00PM and flypast is listed at 3:00pm UK Time
It would be 2:00am PST till about 3:00am PST. The Procession would be at 6:00am PST and Flypast at 7:00am PST
It would be 5:00am EST till about 6:00am EST. The Procession would be at 9:00am EST and Flypast at 10:00am EST

Here are the channel listings
:
CBC:
June 3rd- Thames River Pageant 6:30-11am
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service 4:30am-7am
June 5th Diamond Jubilee Concert 7-10pm

ABC:

June 5th Diamond Jubilee Concert - 9-11pm
June 4th and 5th Jubilee Coverage

CNN:
June 3rd-Thames River Pageant-8-10am
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service - 6-8am

BBC Canada:
June 3rd - Thames River Pageant - 6-10am
June 5th - Thanksgiving Service - 1-8am

For times for the BBC One airings please see above. To watch the events live on BBC One please refer to this link: tvpc.com - BBC 1

For more information please refer here: http://www.thediamondjubilee.org/central-weekend

To check time zone conversions refer here: Time Zone Converter
Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Does anyone know if anything is planned here in Australia for the Queen's Birthday weekend - the following weekend. I have not been able to find anything that we are doing in celebration of this event. I know Charles and Camilla are due in November but I am talking about the upcoming Queen's Birthday weekend here - 9th - 11th June.
I don't think anything will happen except the issuance of the Honours List. Here in Queensland the 11th is the "Queen's Diamond Jubilee" Public Holiday and there is a government initiative to get people to hold street parties/community events.

There are some commemorations this coming weekend - Julia Gillard is supposed to be lighting a Jubilee Beacon at Parliament House in Canberra and Government House in Brisbane is having an Open Day on the 3rd. Some councils may be doing something this week or next; I've been invited to a tree-planting ceremony hosted by the Lord Mayor of Brisbane on the 7th.

------------------------

If anyone in Australia isn't aware, the ABC has been shamed into providing extensive Diamond Jubilee coverage of the River Paegant and the Service of Thanksgiving. Details are here - ABC continues its multiplatform coverage of the Diamond Jubilee

I bellieve that 7Two is also set to air the Windsor Diamond Jubilee Paegant with the horses and dancing etc. from a few weeks ago on Tuesday evening. Channel 9 is set to air the Jubilee Concert at 8pm on Tuesday.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

For people in the western United States who will be watching on BBC America, there is a second feed for the west coast, and everything is on it is delayed by three hours. The events should be live for everyone in the Eastern and Central time zones, but west of there you'll definitely want to see which feed you get beforehand (the website cautions that people in those areas "may" get the delayed feed, so it might be up to the whim of the cable or satellite provider). It also looks like only the standard definition channel is delayed, with the HD channel always showing the east coast programming.

Anyways, the schedule lists the river pageant from 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM EDT. The service of thanksgiving and procession on the 5th is from 4:15 AM to 8:00 AM EDT, then a half hour break for the news, then 8:30 AM to 10:45 AM EDT. If you watch the west coast standard definition feed, everything will be delayed three hours until those times PDT.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Courtier

BBC is now live streaming coverage worldwide BBC News - Diamond Jubilee: St Paul's service and carriage procession