The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I don't know who this woman is (unfortunately, she looks like she has a horn in the picture oh well) but she was a guest and I just love-love-love her dress. I know - its very 'ordinary' but its something that would catch my eye to wear for myself. The fabric looks wonderful - or maybe I am imagining - but it looks wonderful - soft and flowy, comfortable. I don't know where to put this so I am putting it here.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h..._Dress2011.jpg
She is HIM Empress Farah Diba, widow of the late Shah of Iran.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
She is HIM Empress Farah Diba, widow of the late Shah of Iran.

Actually, IDK for sure, but I thought it was Princess Ira von Furstenburg.

Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

No, NGalitzine is correct...she is Farah Diba, the former Empress of Iran.

She is still a very elegant and striking woman, imo.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I must say I love Frederick , I think he looks stunning and original with that vest red and gold! we never talk about fashion for the princes but I think this time he was stunning !
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Courtier

Charlotte's evening gown is by Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture but in a special color, which Valli calls Princess Grace Blue.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kells View Post
I may be alone but I liked Charlotte's pink Chanel (and Pauline's blue). Charlotte's dress tonight looks like the very dress her grandmother wore in To Catch a Thief.
A AGREE with al you said!
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A large number of posts has been moved to the "Wedding of Albert and Charlene: Church
wedding and celebrations, July 2 2011
"-thread. Please remember that this is a fashion
thread only!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I must say I love Frederick , I think he looks stunning and original with that vest red and gold! we never talk about fashion for the princes but I think this time he was stunning !

It would have been o.k. if they were invited to a private friend´s wedding somewhere in Denmark. But I wonder why he chose this outfit at this very formal event (a wedding of a head of state), while all the other prince´s chose to wear a uniform...?!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
Tilia,You are really cracking me up with your 'where's Waldo' version,only this time it should be,'where's GD Maria Theresa'..

I'm also looking everywhere for her,mainly,because she always wear the most awesome tiara,along with the Queen of Swedenbut alas,no such luck.

Oh,I missed this post,here she is, the Grand Duchess Maria Theresa of Luxembourg *phew*.
You're welcome, Burnt! Unfortunately, due to cultural differences, I don't understand that "where's Waldo" comment . Never mind.

I too was hunting for pics of tiaras, and that one blurry pic hardly shows anything. One can only guess that it is the sapphire tiara. As for the dress: boring from cut to colour. No wonder that the photographers missed her .

Now I'm still looking for good pictures of the Princess of Liechtenstein, also in a dark blue dress and her fringe tiara. Maybe the photographers went dark blue-blind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
It would have been o.k. if they were invited to a private friend´s wedding somewhere in Denmark. But I wonder why he chose this outfit at this very formal event (a wedding of a head of state), while all the other prince´s chose to wear a uniform...?!
Quite right, where was his uniform? He always looks dashing in it . Maybe Fred got inspired by his dad, who's kind of fond of colourful waistcoast. But next time, Fred, please coordinate with the colours your lovely wife is wearing!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Neither Caroline nor Stephanie have really aged well. Their skin looks leathery and tough, and it makes them look about a good 30 years older than they actually are. I don't leave the house, even if it's just to walk my dog, without slathering on SPF 75, especially in the summer when it's hotter than nine yards of Hades.

Both of them would look much, much better if they took better care of their skin.
I think along with the sun exposure both women are heavy smokers and that causes terrible skin damage. But, I still think both looked lovely--svelte, beautifully dressed.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
I suppose the invitation gave an option: either morning dress or uniform!
Considering the temperatures in Monaco I suspect that his dress uniforms would have been too hot, and I'm not sure whether he's got a white 'tropical' dress uniform.
Maybe someone happens to know?

Viv
Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Charlotte's evening gown is by Giambattista Valli Fall 2011 Couture but in a special color, which Valli calls Princess Grace Blue.
Yes, Charlotte looked good at the reception, however at the wedding I thought she looked like an over madeup tart (...)
Old 07-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Quite right, where was his uniform? He always looks dashing in it . Maybe Fred got inspired by his dad, who's kind of fond of colourful waistcoast. But next time, Fred, please coordinate with the colours your lovely wife is wearing!
Yes--where was his uniform? And Joachim's too? Even Prince Edward wore Royal Navy whites (looked quite dashing too IMO). While I thought Frederik looked sooooooo handsome (and the vest was beautiful), I was surprised to see the Danish men did not wear their uniforms to the wedding while just about all the other royal men did. Does anyone know why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Considering the temperatures in Monaco I suspect that his dress uniforms would have been too hot, and I'm not sure whether he's got a white 'tropical' dress uniform.

Viv
I noticed that not all the men wore dress whites--Prince Haakon wore his dress blues. I agree they must have been sweltering but I'm not too sure the morning dress was any cooler. I also read that Prince William and Prince Harry had their custom-made uniform's for PW's wedding made with some sort of sweat wicking material. I would imagine any of these men could have uniforms and their other dress clothing custom made and with that same material.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post

Oh yes, he has! He wore it some years ago when he accompanied his parents for a state visit to Thailand! And if all the other prince´s could cope with the weather (Frederiks not that old yet and sporty fit!) he could too!
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Monaco royal wedding: Vote for the most elegant geust
Old 07-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

About men´s fashion:
Prince Daniel and Karl Lagerfeld with the same waistcoat on their morning dress:
DiarioFemenino
DiarioFemenino
Have you noticed the "gloves" of Lagerfeld?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Aristocracy

Looking at the photos of the wedding dinner/banquet, I find it head-scratching why Princess Caroline did not glow at the event. During the annual balls of Monaco as well as the relatively recent royal events that she graced, such as the pre-wedding banquets of the royal weddings of Denmark and Spain, she sparkled.

I do not know if it's just the mere choice of dress (ghastly length especially for a royal event) or the actual attitude (she for me did not radiate any joy or warmth or even confidence) or perhaps both ... it's not the Caroline Grimaldi who we are accustomed to. I suppose she has set the bar so high that I expected much, much more.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

I think both PC and Charlotte dressed down to not overshadow Charlene.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Caroline wore that colorfully printed dress that she wore last May at the Concours International de Bouquets to the Brunch Party. Charlotte is wearing some "citrusy" outfit, interesting.

Also very refreshing to see Queen Silvia looking so wonderfully relaxed, unmade-up and natural at the Brunch.

Monaco : 44e Concours International de Bouquets - Pictures - Zimbio

Zvanina internet prezentacija Kraljevskog doma Karaorevi
Old 07-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Courtier

I just wanted to remark on the beautiful dress Princess Charlene wore to the Gala Ball at the Opera Garnier, especially when in motion, like in this video: Le Mariage de Monaco (officiel) - Monaco Wedding (official) | Facebook

She looks so much like the perfect bride atop a wedding cake, especially with the delicious layering of the dress at the bottom, which in my mind resembled the wedding cake itself ~ they were both simpatico!

By the way, does anyone know what type of cake it was? Filling? Frosting?

ETA: just now saw the exquisite pictures of Charlene at the brunch. Ah, she looks so young without makeup, like a teenager again, and the hair free & natural & long. Now I know what Albert meant when he stated once that Charlene looks the best to him when she's without makeup, au naturel.