The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Is this from this evening? My knowledge of the events for the wedding are limited.
Yes, they are from the arrival at the banquet

Old 07-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Not very good ones , but:

** Princess Claire: front view ** Back view ** Upper part **
I don't think it's too bad actually. Thanks for the pictures!

Old 07-02-2011, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

I loved Naomi Campbell's dress! I also liked Charlene's though it wasn't as nicely fitted to her body as the Swedish Princess Victoria's was when she wore a similar gown last year. I just overall feel badly for Charlene, if the rumors about her trying to leave really aren't true then the palace should have immediately stated they were going to sue L'Express (who have said they stand by their story.) I want to feel happy for her but I feel sad and conflicted today for her instead.

But she did look lovely...her hair, makeup, and gown were very nice as were the fashions of many of the higher-profile guests.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Photogallery of the guests

Monaco royal wedding: Royalty and VIPS arrive for the religious ceremony of Prince Albert and Princess Charlene
Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria, love the colours
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
Mary, nice strong colour
BelgaPicture
Queen Silvia, not one of her best. But I love the colour, I wear it often.
BelgaPicture
Old 07-02-2011, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemagre View Post
I don't think it's too bad actually. Thanks for the pictures!
Better Pic
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

She looked nice.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
I like it. The big hat balances her skirt.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mary's dress is beautiful and so figure hugging; it looks lovely. I love the colour. I like it that it isn't couples arriving together. Sophie's dress is a beautiful colour as well. I love evening dresses.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Mary's dress is beautiful and so figure hugging; it looks lovely. I love the colour. I like it that it isn't couples arriving together. Sophie's dress is a beautiful colour as well. I love evening dresses.
Agree. Sophie is wearing which tiara ?
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Is Crownprincess Victoria wearing a new dress tonight (pink/purple) or is the grey Ellie Saab dress she´s worn before?

Crownprincess Mary looks like she´s wearing her wedding tiara in the old setting (without pearls), if so then showing that the change wasn´t permanent?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Is Crownprincess Victoria wearing a new dress tonight (pink/purple) or is the grey Ellie Saab dress she´s worn before?

Crownprincess Mary looks like she´s wearing her wedding tiara in the old setting (without pearls), if so then showing that the change wasn´t permanent?
Victoria´s dress isn´t gray
Daylife
Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Yes, it's the wedding tiara, and I think it is in the old setting
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Victoria looked lovely in her very feminine dress. Daniel matched his tie to Victoria´s dress.
Bekia
ANP Beeldbank
Madeleine looked nice, but that feather was too much.
Daylife
Daylife
Mette Marit looked appropriate, but boring.
Daylife
Daylife
Mary was a disappointment. The colour of the dress didn´t look good on her and that hat/fascination was just awful. And Frederik´s vest was ugly.
Bekia
Mathilde looks always good. The colour is quite strong.
Bekia
Maxima´s dress was just great, fantastic colour. Not so fond of her hat though.
Bekia
Queen Silvia looked lovely in her dress.
Bekia
Sorry to say this but... Did anyone else think "Oh my, what have those two been up to" when they saw Victoria and Daniel..? They were both smiling so widely and Victoria's hair was a bit uncharacteristically disheveled.

Didn't care for Madeleine's feather. Mette Marit wore a boring colour and the hair ornament was a bit weird. I didn't like Mary's hat either. Would the women please give up this satellite dish/champagne tray hat fashion already?! The colour of the hat didn't go well with the dress either. And what's with Frederik's vest? It is quite nice but doesn't go with Mary's dress at all. Mathilde had another ugly hat and the top part of her dress was a bit weird. I liked the colours Queen Silvia wore!

Tonight it seems to me CP Mary has worn the prettiest gown so far. Charlene's dress looks like she pulled a sleeveless top over her gown.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Can someone post pics of Caroline today at the church ceremony? And her, and Sophie if England at the night event? How about Marie of Denmark?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I thought Naomi Campbell's outfit was lovely. I wish more guests had opted to wear long dresses.

Naomi Campbell
thank you!

she looks beautiful, as always :-)
Old 07-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina View Post
Sorry to say this but... Did anyone else think "Oh my, what have those two been up to" when they saw Victoria and Daniel..? They were both smiling so widely and Victoria's hair was a bit uncharacteristically disheveled.

Didn't care for Madeleine's feather. Mette Marit wore a boring colour and the hair ornament was a bit weird. I didn't like Mary's hat either. Would the women please give up this satellite dish/champagne tray hat fashion already?! The colour of the hat didn't go well with the dress either. And what's with Frederik's vest? It is quite nice but doesn't go with Mary's dress at all. Mathilde had another ugly hat and the top part of her dress was a bit weird. I liked the colours Queen Silvia wore!

Tonight it seems to me CP Mary has worn the prettiest gown so far. Charlene's dress looks like she pulled a sleeveless top over her gown.
too bad the majority has taken over wearing philip treacy hats, not so much variation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Can someone post pics of Caroline today at the church ceremony? And her, and Sophie if England at the night event? How about Marie of Denmark?
here is a photo of the CoWe http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/28007708.jpg..and here: http://i53.tinypic.com/20qm9ub.jpg(Thanks, Molly2101)
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Photo of Marie tonight:

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...-daniel--a.jpg
Courtier

I may be alone but I liked Charlotte's pink Chanel (and Pauline's blue). Charlotte's dress tonight looks like the very dress her grandmother wore in To Catch a Thief.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
Princess Astrid appears to look nice.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I really liked the outfit of Sophie Von Isenburg:original,classy and elegant
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/117...3D88508F606BF2
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/117...2B1178554C4860

The next couple to get married,end of august in Berlin.