The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Wedding of HSH Prince Albert II and Miss Charlene Wittstock, 1-2 July 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Heir Apparent

i thought mette marit chose a lovely dress (shame about the colour, although i guess the white rule does not apply to civil ceremonies?) for the wedding, i think she was the best dressed this time, followed by maxima (same remark about the colour though), i like the assymetric nature of her dress, it looked interesting and sleek.

i wasn't very impressed with the danish princesses. mary's dress was plain and didn't seem to fit well in the corset part and marie's looked weird for a wedding. wearing the hair down was also a bit disappointing...

caroline was just perfect, i loved the colour of her dress, it looked summery and relaxed while at the same time showing her importance in the event. it's odd that charlotte chose such a relaxed dress for the wedding but i guess the whole atmosphere intended to be relaxed seeing how all guests were dressed.

charlene's dress was beautiful, i'm not so sure about the jacket though. the lovely flowiness of it would have looked much better without (although i guess bare shoulders are not appropriate)

not very impressed with the south american guests: maria margarita and tatiana.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-02-2011, 03:24 AM
Courtier

Neither Maxima nor Mette-Marit (nor the Danish princesses) attended the civil wedding. They attended the reception and concert in the evening. Therefore there is nothing wrong with wearing white or cream (or black).

Having said that I think Mette's dress is beautiful but not ideal for her body. And I wished she would stop dyeing her hair, that platin blonde makes her look cheap.
Maxima has a bed sheet wrapped around her which shows too much of her ugly legs. And with the hair and jewellery and (ill matched) shoes she once again looks over the top compared to the Danish and Norwegian princesses.

Mary and Marie looked very elegant. Beautiful dresses and perfect accessories. Nothing over the top.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Expressen king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and Carl Philip will arrive to Monaco at 14.00, as do Victoria and Daniel with Madeleine. At 16.00 they will be transported to the Palace, and at 16.30 they wll leave to the wedding place. All these Monaco Time.
Expressen sänder live-tv under bröllopet - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
According to spanish Hoymujer, Victoria will wear an Escada dress at the wedding.
Victoria de Suecia irá de Escada a la boda de Charlene Wittstock y Alberto de Mónaco -- Mujerhoy.com --

About yesterday´s outfits: The biggest disappointment was Caroline. She looked like she was going to some beach party with friends, not to a wedding. Her shoes were just awful and that big hat horrendous. Stephanie looked good and her outfit was appropriate to the wedding. Charlotte was dissappointing too, she has lost her sparkle. Charlene´s mother, in the other hand, looked absolutelly great. All the children of Stephanie looked good, as did Andrea, Pierre and Alexandra.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Charlotte was dissappointing too, she has lost her sparkle
Attractive young woman, but she's never dressed well imo. Proves that money can't always buy you style.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-02-2011, 04:36 AM
Courtier

3 beautiful guests: Inčs de la Fressange and her daughters Nine and Violette
Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 AM
Courtier

What will be the dresscode today? Long dresses or short? With tiara?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:43 AM
Courtier

Caroline's hat also reminded me a bit of the big yellow hat Grace wore at Caroline's wedding to Philippe Junot in 1978
http://multifarious79.files.wordpres...40kk050410.jpg
Old 07-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie was appropriately dressed this time - three cheers !

If she looked tense, let's not forget she is grieving. Her relationship with her brother is bound to change. They have always been very close.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

I don't think with a wedding their relationship is gonna change. Albert was really close with her two sisters and seems to protect her. And his gonna be close to Steph no matter what. In my eyes i saw a Steph being truly moved and happy about Albert.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Gentry

In my humble and personal opinion Caroline and Stephanie were dressed so differently that it looked like they are not talking to each other. Your only brother is getting married and one wears sandals and a straw? Stephanie is dressed beautifully. Charlene's dress I could not see! The color beautiful, but why wear a blazer with white buttons when you have a lace long dress underneath? The three young men, Luis, Andrea and Pierre were the best... I could not see Pauline or her younger sister, Alexandra looked like a princess.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Aristocracy

I'm pretty sure Charlotte was not supposed to wear the SAME colour as Charlene. I wonder how that happened?? Or went off, as it were. I know that is a big no-no with family on that day.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Just saw the hair of of Victoria of Sweden, and it looks horrible...

Mary wore electric blue with a beige hat
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Lalla Meryem is attending PA weding with her daughter Lalla Soukaina, they are both stunning in their Caftans, Lalla Meyem lost weight, nice.
Lalla Soukaina is wearing a stunning light pink Caftan very similar to what Lalla Salma wore at PW wedding, but with silver embroideries instead the gold one.

A pic from PPE
http://www.ppe-agency.com/preview.ph...-2011%20Monaco
Old 07-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Courtier

I think Maxima's wearing Valentino. Mette-Marit is wearing a "vintage" Valentino (about 5 yrs. old).
Old 07-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene looks beautiful.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

Maxima and Claire wear Natan. Both with a hat of Fabienne Delvigne.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like Maxima, always with the Orange clolours, she looks loveley I died to see Mary!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I was so looking forward to seeing Victoria and Maxima but they're both wearing rather boring outfits. Mary looks best so far. I have to see a better picture of Mette-Marit. Sophie looks great too.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

i suppose it is different tastes i do not like for first time Mary I think the dress is ugly and the hat!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Serene Highness

I loved the outfits of Mary of Denmark; Maxima and Victoria. Stephanie's dress was wonderful and i liked the color of Pauline's dress. Caro and Char were dissapointing..