Wedding of Albert and Charlene: Guests and Fashions and the Wedding Celebrations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst dressed at the wedding was a toss up between Ira Von Furstenberg and Mrs Roberto Cavalli. One would think if your husband was a fashion designer you could do better, and if he designed this for you and said you looked good , divorce him or go shopping at Prada or Armani because he lied to you. Yeah, I think Mrs Cavalli came out on the bottom of the list narrowly nipping Princess Ira for the booby prize.

But these outfits were chosen months and moths before The Day, of course. Get it? Utter nonsense, the mood thought. Caroline is losing it, fashionwise.

I so have to agree with you Pruts and possibly KittyAtlanta. I think Caroline is past her glamor days and does not appear to care much about her public appearances. She looked totally miserable at Albert and Charlene's wedding ceremony and the gown she chose for the evening reception was not only aweful and unflattering but also too far short to be elegant.

How about me? Do I agree with you? Have I been there, done that? Am I not interested in her looks any more? Am I not interested in my own looks any more?

Not quite sure what you're getting at.

pruts I couldn't make any sense of these questions either. What is the context?

Maxima´s dress was just great, fantastic colour. Not so fond of her hat though.
Bekia
wow!!! she looks great
Victoria looked lovely in her very feminine dress. Daniel matched his tie to Victoria´s dress.
Bekia
ANP Beeldbank
love the headdress and she and her husband look wonderful
i think its very funny how princess kate had influence had dress with fanastors

I think Caroline is past her glamor days and does not appear to care much about her public appearances. She looked totally miserable at Albert and Charlene's wedding ceremony and the gown she chose for the evening reception was not only aweful and unflattering but also too far short to be elegant.
i agree that princess caroline and stephanie both look miserable. it seem only two people were happy on that day imo
and
and i dont think princess caroline's glamour days are over.. im sure she will re-est herself with that title-princess charlene wont earn that title imo

Last edited by a moderator:
Not quite sure what you're getting at.

KittyAtlanta replied to a post of mine, in wich I expressed my thoughts about Caroline's lack of style at the Wedding, the following:

Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
(..)

As for Caroline's fashion, we all move from place to place with our clothing. She's a mature woman now and has, perhaps, tired of the glamor. It is possible that she's just not that interested in her looks any longer. Been there, done that. How about you?

I reacted on the "how about you", which she apparantly asked to me!

I totally disagree with the idea that Caroline and/or Stephanie (or any of their children) are "not interested in their looks" / "awful and unflattering" and similar negative comments.

I bet that Caro, Char and the boys will shine at the Red Cross Ball - as always.

I totally disagree with the idea that Caroline and/or Stephanie (or any of their children) are "not interested in their looks" / "awful and unflattering" and similar negative comments.

I bet that Caro, Char and the boys will shine at the Red Cross Ball - as always.

I do not think that Caroline is not interested in her looks anymore, either. I only find her choice of clothes becoming more strage by the day and often even unflattering. She used to have impeccable dress sense, but it seems to have left her or she bends her fashion ear to much to Lagerfeld. Stephanie is stylewise totally uninteresting.

As a woman who is aging (yes, I said it) I will put it out there that when I go out I don't much put as much effort dressing up as I did when I was younger. Back then, I would dress up to to go the mall/or grocery store...now its a beat up T shirt, some shorts (jeans/sweats in the winter) and my crocs. Which is shame because there are interesting single men there but I really don't care. Because I am there to do my thing. Of course, if its work and/or evening events I do dress up.

Why do I mention this? Well, I think as you get older sometimes you dress for comfort and not just fashion or looks. Quite honestly, I look at young girls now with the tight, crazy high heels..and I just say 20 years from now my dear. Twenty years from now your feet will revolt on you! I know of a young girl whose back went out because she has worn heels pretty much every day since she was a teen.

When necessary Caroline (and I) can look pretty darn hot. I don't think anything was wrong with Caroline's attire at the wedding, the shoes were not exciting but she probably wore them for comfort. Who wants to be in high heels all day when its hot?

As for her so called mood, well in the Hello! article that covered the wedding...they had a nice picture of her throwing a kiss at Albert when he and Charlene were walking down the aisle.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what the tiara is called that Caroline was wearing for the wedding gala?

I believe it is a bracelet or necklace mounted on a frame and worn as a tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom