Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wish the couple a long happy married life together with one or two children added in....may they stay in love and this will get them through the difficult time, as all married couples know:flowers::monacoflag::southafricaflag::goodluck::twohearts:

Charlène was wonderfully dressed and extremely beautiful !
I just can't beleive how wrong Caroline outfit was : wrong dress and very wrong shoes and hat !

Maxima, Mary, and Marie all looked beautiful.
But Mette-Marit's dress accentuated her hips and wasn't flattering.

Why strange? They both spoke briefly welcoming everyone and thanking Jarre.

I thought the civil ceremony was very beautiful. They both look very happy but perhaps a bit nervous. To all the Debbie Downers who think they don't look "in love", try to recall Ranier and Grace's weddings. For both occasions they looked very uncomfortable and unhappy. They probably wanted something in a private in a little chapel. But being Sovereign that wasn't possible. Albert and Charlene would probaly be more comfortable in private too.
On to fasion: I loved Charlenes suit except for the lacy part of the sleeve hanging out of the jacket. Caroline's dress was beautiful- style and color;hat was a disaster.
Steph's dress was very nice style but I wasn't crazy about the color. Her crying at the ceremony was very endearing. She always seemed very close to Albert. The kids looked very nice axcept for Charlotte's hat. (Maybe I just don't like hats). Also, I was so happy to see Albert's cousin Chris LeVine as his Best Man/Witness.

Wishing the Royal couple the very best. :flowers:

Zone: I can appreciate your position relative to this board and your desire to maintain some degree of civility. However, the reality about this couple is that it is business deal. It's not just the opinion of those of us who so not like Charlene. The New York Times? The Today show? The other media reports? Come on ... it's really very sad.

Seriously no one in the family looked very happy at this wedding , aside from the bride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, finally they did it -- congratulations to the couple :flowers:.

* Charlene looks phantastic, wonderful with this light blue. Extremly elegant combination and a serene face impression.
* Stephanie made me smile, wonderful dress and crying. Looking perfect.
* Caroline made me upset with this hat (seeking for attention at her brothers wedding? like "But I am still here"?) and the most horrible shoes.

In general the dresscode is a little bit weird, long dresses & short dresses, hats & no hats, afternoon dresses and evening dresses... but ok....

Foreign Royals all looking great, especially Maxima. Not sure about Mette Marits dress.... looking a bit like a milkmaid.

Can´t wait for tomorrow.
Bye Bine

Zone: I can appreciate your position relative to this board and your desire to maintain some degree of civility. However, the reality about this couple is that it is business deal. It's not just the opinion of those of us who so not like Charlene. The New York Times? The Today show? The other media reports? Come on ... it's really very sad.

If it was a business deal why would Albert marry Charlene? If it was a business deal why wouldn't he pick another royal? Like Duchess Helene of Bavaria or another eligible European Princess? Or why not someone famous or rich? This is obviously for love, because if it was a "business deal" He wouldn't pick Charlene.

Frankly I don't care if this is the love match or the biggest business deal of the century. There is no reason that people can't express their positive or negative opinions in a civil manner. Making disparaging remarks about the bride, the groom and/or the wedding guests are not acceptable.

Last edited:
For 'no one in the family looking happy' I've seen a ton of pictures today full of smiling faces. At the ceremony, of course, you could see some effort to not be bubbling over, it is a serious sort of moment, but as soon as they were out on the balcony the couple, the sisters, the kids -everybody was all smiles that I saw.

As for what the "reality" is; the "reality" is that unless you know the couple very personally you have no idea if they have an motivations other than romance for getting married. Albert was under no pressure to and Charlene didn't have to say "oui". Given that, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, take them at the word and, dare I say it, just look at how they appear together and from where I sit they seem like two people who are great friends who decided to marry.

I will never understand the instant negativity some people feel towards others who never did them the slightest harm. :ermm:
The people have long wanted to have a 'family' back in the palace and naturally want their Prince to be happy. If they are, I am.

Vive l'Prince! Vive l'Princesse!

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag2::heart::southafricaflag:

Did I see right, that Ernst August did not join the civil ceremony? Strange but also not completely surprising maybe.... so he also will not join the religious wedding?
Bye Bine

Did I see right, that Ernst August did not join the civil ceremony? Strange but also not completely surprising maybe.... so he also will not join the religious wedding?
Bye Bine

Are you surprised that Ernst August is not in attendance? I am not.

Frankly, I don't believe the couple (Ernst and Caroline) have been seen in public together for months. If they were going to do it, it wasn't going to be today where their attendance might overshadow the bridal couple.

I am surprised that Ernst August Jr. and Christian weren't in attendance. It thought they were fairly close to Albert.

I thought they both looked very happy. Reserved, but happy. Caroline and Stephanie were both emotional, as they are his sisters and probably better judges, I think that speaks volume.

I agree...Stephanie does NOT hide her emotions ever, she wears them on her sleeve and always has.

ICAM with NGalitzine...if this is a farce they should all head back to Hollywood where it all started...:ermm:

Even though the media report this as a business deal, I always have to ask if Albert and Charlene told someone that. If not where is the proof. I would never expect Albert to act like a giggly young man, he is 53. Charlene knows about his children and must have a good reason for marrying him. Personally, I will just accept it at face value and see how things progress. Like any marriage when one person is very weathy, the pre-nup is just an accepted practice. Even if it is a business deal, I hope they live a long and happy life.

I thought everyone looked great today! All I can say is: best wishes to the Grimaldi's! May they all blessed with happy, healthy lives! Hip - hip hooray to Albert & Charlene!

I, too, have nothing but good things to say and wish on this most auspicious day! :cheers:

But then again I'm a fan of the entire Grimaldi Family, always have been since the 70's, otherwise I wouldn't post here nor follow them peripherally. And this occasion I've been waiting a loooooooong time for, and now it is here I'm almost in tears, but will save them tomorrow. :)

Here's to a brand new era for the House of Grimaldi........Albert chose wisely........took his time and finally settled on a stunning blonde Nordic beauty like his late mother before him. Thank goodness! May they stay married for life just like Rainier & Grace did, and herald a new generation of little blonde beauties with looks and intelligence to match! :fireworks:

"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI, ESPECIALLY PRINCE ALBERT & PRINCESS CHARLENE!!!!" :monacoflag: :heart1:

Charlene has a stunning mother...they look almost like sisters...and her brothers are haaawwt!! :whistling:

Middletons, SHMIDDLETONS! The Wittstocks are straight out of Central Casting!!

Charlotte's dress is seriously unflattering. Someone on another blog compared it to the party frock Bette Davis's lunatic character wore in the old movie "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and I lmao because that is exactly true!

Last edited:

Unless you know them personally, or have a microphone installed in their bedroom, you know nothing about them, you simply have an opinion like everyone else.

And that includes The New York Times and The Today Show-who both by the way were thirty years ago this month assuring the world that Lady Diana Spencer and Charles Prince of Wales were living out the ultimate fairy tale...I remember their coverage...I was there.

They don't know squat, and neither do we.

Wow, we're posting at the same time and with the same thoughts, unfortunately. :(

And this from a long-time fan of the Grimaldis. Unfortunately Charlotte is not aging well due to not protecting her skin nor wearing a hat and all that horse riding has something to do with it imho.

Today she looked like a grown 30 yr. old woman trying to wear an 18 yr. old's clothes ~ from this: http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2005_11nov_19_6.jpg

to this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qQsYveqoX-Q/Tg5oBh1N6UI/AAAAAAAAQJU/6fbj2uFCm9U/s1600/22222222222232.jpg

I feel sorry for her, but everybody's youth eventually comes to an end. Her best days were in her teens imho. Now it's Pauline's turn to shine, as it should be. :)

Still, I have high hopes for Charlotte's children, the good looks will continue onto a new generation, as long as she marries someone handsome, like her mother before her. And on that score I hope she's thinking of her children and what they will have to endure when it comes to choosing a mate. Choose wisely, young Charlotte, choose wisely!

The youth belongs to the young, ahhhh, memories....

http://suchanevent.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/princess-diana-wedding.jpg

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2005_11nov_19_6.jpg

ETA: it's a shame that, like a rose, the Grimaldi women's beauty only shines for a short time in their teens and, if lucky, into their 20s as well, and maybe their early 30s. Sad really, but like an English Rose (Princess Diana included), it eventually fades and is forgotten.... :( Such a pity, but like all things once fresh & young, it must die, eventually :sad:

Last edited:
Nadine ICAM about Charlotte and i thought i was the only one who noticed the subtle little changes in her face.

She is still the most stunningly beautiful young woman in aristocratic Europe, but 25 is too young to begin to show even small signs of age or skin damage, imo.

She lives her life full tilt like all the Grimaldi women, but a jet set lifestyle, exposure to too much sun and cigarette smoke will not preserve one's youthful good looks.

Still it's too early to call an end to Charlotte's salad days...she is still IT imo and no one can really touch her...that includes Kate and Pippa by the way!

Last edited:
I'm just feeling sad & nostalgic, Moonmaiden23, because I think back to not only the Grimaldi women, but Princess Diana herself. She looked the best when she first married at 20 yrs. old, then that gorgeous peaches & cream complexion continued for several more years. But she too lost her looks once she started to tan, dye her hair bright blonde, cut it short, and worked out like a man imho. So by the time her life ended at what 35/36? years old, she didn't look good at all. And if she had lived she would've ended up like an old wrinkled prune imho, like her mother, even worst off than the Grimaldi women, as fair-skinned blondes tend to age badly. The EXCEPTION, Grace Kelly! Wow, that woman had not a wrinkle when she passed away in her early 50s.

Reason: Grace always wore a hat outside, protected her skin, never had a tan in her life. Wish more young women today would learn from her example ~ cover your skin up!, cover your arms, legs, neck, et al, and DON'T lay out in the sun, always wear a hat.

Heck, even in the Victorian Days back in the 1800's and early 1900's, it was considered ugly/awful/bad for a woman to come from the fields with a tan because she was bald-headed, that is she did not wear a hat, especially down South. Alabaster porcelain complexions were considered de rigueur. They knew how to take care of their skin with creams, hats, protective clothing. I miss those days...

And, yes, Charlotte, et al, still have a few good years ahead of them. But most importantly she has a *mind*, a highly intelligent one at that, which is most important because after a woman loses her looks that's all she has left ~ her mental acuity, sharpness of mind, wit, humour, charm, character ! Thank goodness she has her mother as a role model, she can learn a lot from her. Caroline has aged gracefully and is still going strong at 54 yrs. old. Her character I have admired even moreso than her beauty, truth be told, in fact beauty is a dime a dozen, it is character that lives forever... :flowers:

I have nothing against Charlene, in fact I feel sympathy for her.
Some photos I wouldn´t have expected at a happy event like wedding.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
PPE
And I´m sorry, but Charlotte seems like a very snobbish and proud young woman.

Last edited:
Lol, seems you chose photos where they are deliberately not smiling. ;) Or wherein Charlotte is squinting at the camera.

That said, the first one of Pauline is my favorite! :flowers: She's at that age where females are there most beautiful imho ~ 16/17 yrs. old ~ fresh, youthful, young, straight out of the schoolroom. Here's to seeing more pics of young Pauline in the future, especially tomorrow! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom