Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree that she's not too enthused. Very contemplative, more like "Oh my, what did I get myself into...". From what I hear the prenup is well written to protect him, and the kids if any will be raised by the prince. I'm sure she can drop by between and 8AM-5PM to say hi ;)

They look happy :)
beautiful ceremony
I like the outfits of Princess Caroline and Stefanie, they look wonderful :)

I can't believe all the hate she is getting on her wedding day. They got married, get over it already!
I remember a time when people wished newlyweds happiness even if they didn't like them. I guess those good old days are gone...

I'm not talking about the wedding of each. I'm talking about they way that the look at each other every other time BUT their wedding day.
And you can tell that my first sentence can apply to all occassions. As it was meant to be.

Some comments here are too funny :lol: :lol: (basically "i don't see a tear this wedding is doomed" , already seen with the Cambridges bash btw).
Aaaah gosh people you make laugh. Is it a business agreement ? Of course yes and so what? Grace and Rainier wedding was a business agreement too. Get real en enjoy the show ;).

I agree with you LadyFinn, this is an business agreement and you can see it no matter how hard they try. I hope we will see some photos of foreign royals soon.

I agree, that's business - happyness looks different - she's probably happy, that this part is done...

Caroline looks pathetic with her mexicanstyle Sombrerohat. The look on her face shows bitterness, as if she was recapturing her life and her lost chances.

Bitter for her, she's done and her future will be the role of the "aging" former First Lady of Monaco who probably will soon be divorced the second time.

She reminds me of the tragic "Fedora" in the famous Billy-Wilder-Film - Time to say Good-Bye, but she cannot...

Some people can't get over themselves and realize that it's not their decisions. The nit piking is boring. Anyway, from what I've seen so far, everyone looks beautiful and happy!

Charlene's mother is a really beautiful lady! She has nice family. Pauline is such a doll!! I loved her outfit!

Nico, you're so right ! We Anglosaxons must have a romantic outcome....

Charlene looked beautiful and they both looked happy. I think they were both nervous this was being televised not just a private affair. I wish them all the happiness and joy life has to offer.

I agree, that's business - happyness looks different - she's probably happy, that this part is done...

Caroline looks pathetic with her mexicanstyle Sombrerohat. The look on her face shows bitterness, as if she was recapturing her life and her lost chances.

Bitter for her, she's done and her future will be the role of the "aging" former First Lady of Monaco who probably will soon be divorced the second time.

She reminds me of the tragic "Fedora" in the famous Billy-Wilder-Film - Time to say Good-Bye, but she cannot...

Come on you guys, I know you're entitled to your own opinions, but a wedding is a happy occasion. Perhaps if you have nothing nice to say, then maybe just this once you could keep it to yourselves. Personally you sound like the bitter one. Take some happy pills coz life's too short.

Some people can't get over themselves and realize that it's not their decisions. The nit piking is boring.
Ahh, but nit picking is what forums are about!! Though I think we share a similar sentiment - it really infuriates me when people make such harsh statements about a person's character or relationship from certain pictures and videos.

Whatever, The Prince and Princess are married, congrats to them and to Monaco!

As anyone seen Charlotte?? I can't believe she didn't attend the wedding...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Personally, I think P Stephanie wins hands-down with the outfit, she looks gorgous. Am I right in thinking it's Pauline first ever appearance on the balcony?

Cannot wait to see the pics tomorrow, sorry I'm just a big kid.
Yes, i believe it's the first appearence of all the kids of Stephanie. They looked very pretty.

A warm welcome to Madame C. Grimaldi !!

The Italian and Spanish glossies refer to Charlotte as "Carlota".
Does this mean they will refer to Charlene as "Carlena" ?? I hope not.

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene and to the people of Monaco as well.

I absolutely adore royal weddings! But this one has me with mixed feelings.

The outfits are beautiful on all the women- even the children. I wish we could see some close ups of what Charlotte was wearing. Albert looks handsome- but very uncomfortable

I agree there is absolutely no show of love in this couple at all. The kiss was a disaster like two kids who are saying eeewwwwhhhh get it over with. That was disappointing. The love that shines when you look at brides like Victoria and Kate- its sad it does not exist with this couple. It does seem like a business deal.

I am very disappointed with all the media I see over here- it is nothing but negative-negative-negative. Just the runaway story, more illegitimate kids and tax cheats in Monaco. Its too bad the media over the past week put such a dark cloud over what should be a very happy occassion.

But maybe tomorrow will be better.

I cannot wait until we see royals arriving.

I am still trying to remain optomistic because of my love of royal weddings. I do wish with all my heart- Albert and Charlene are not as misserable as they seemed this past week.

Last edited:
I love the color blue Caroline was wearing. The hat I have mixed feelings about

I'm with you LadyFinn... Just take a look at P. Albert before saying "Yes" the man looks like is feeling soooooo unconfortable, as if he was thinking: " Ok, this must be done. Let's do it for the sake of the principality. " What a diference to his sisters smiles on the days of their weddings...
:ermm: :whistling: :ermm:

Well, I'd like to welcome all the pessimists and naysayers to just trash this wedding.

Are your lives so wretched that you either can't keep quiet or want to spoil it for us who are interested.

You folks are like thorns on a rose.

How cute were they?! I loved all of Albert's winks and funny faces at the ceremony. Charlene looked like she was floating -and trying to be sure she got everything right. Everyone else looked great too, Caroline and Stephanie both looked spectacular and my I have never seen Princess Alexandra looking quite so "grown up" before. A great day for the Grimaldis, a happy day for Monaco, I'm not going to give the media smearmongers the time of day.

Vive l'Prince!
Vive l'Princesse!

:monacostandard: :monacoflag: :monacoflag2::heart::southafricaflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom