Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The danish royals arriving to a reception at the hotel Hermitage. The reception was hosted by the minister for foreign affairs.
VG
Haakon and Mette Marit
VG
Willem Alexander and Maxima
VG

Mary looks amazing. You'd never know she gave birth to twins 5 months ago.

Mette Marit looks lovely as always.

I have mixed feelings about the dress for Maxima.

Albert and Charlene ---- may all your days be as perfect as this one!

Charlene and Stephanie seem to be good friends, so I hope Steph's tears were of joy and not sadness for what lies ahead. I found it very odd that the smiling photo of Albert and Charlene displayed on the giant screens appeared to be a merge of two photos :ermm:
- was it not possible to get a photo of both smiling at the same time - surely typical of newly weds ?? I thought Charlene's public display of affection for Albert on the balcony was cringeworthy, and Albert's kiss of Charlene with him looking elsewhere :ohmy:

I hope that now the first part of the wedding is over they'll be able to relax a bit and tomorrow we will see more warmth between the two of them - they already seem more relaxed from the photos of the concert this evening.

At the end of the day some people are not touchy-feely, myself included, but it dosn't mean that a person is uncaring. I think that both PA and PC are a bit shy but are in love and I think this was in evidence today with so many small gestures between them. For example, I thought when PA winked at her after the ceremony and she pressed her lips against his one could sense a great affection. Also when she grasped his arm on the balcony and put her head on her shoulder it looked so warm and genuine. I would rather have a sensible but restrained couple, if that is there way, that a gushing over the top couple like Prince Andrew and Fergie in their day who we all thought were so in love and look what happened there.

Looking at the still pictures, I didn't have a good feeling about the marriage. However, watching the video--they seem much more in-sync. It was cute how Charlene leaned onto Albert's shoulders on the balcony.

Whatever their difficulties, I hope they can overcome them and have a happy life. Remember, historically, many many people had arranged marriages (although I don't think this was an arranged marriage)--and in India and some other countries, they are still common. They say that loves grows overtime--and I do think it does in good marriages. May this marriage be a small spark that continues to grow for them.

Empress Merel said:
When they say oui, the crowd cheers outside and Albert and Charlene blow eachother a kiss. That was cute..

I saw him just kiss her hand, not blow a kiss- and I do think part was awkward- like Albert wasn't sure if he should hug or kiss her or just move on with ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
They were not at the reception, but at the dinner. ;)

I LOVE Máxima's outfit, ohmy- she looks absolutely stunning!

Sorry if I'm late on this or somebody already answered this question but...

Who are the witnesses for Charlene and Albert today? The lady looked like Charlotte Casiraghi. Was the man a Kelly cousin of Albert's?

I saw him just kiss her hand, not blow a kiss- and I do think part was awkward- like Albert wasn't sure if he should hug or kiss her or just move on with ceremony

More pics-
MYROYALS: WEDD
Look at the vid from FashionTV (the one I posted and is also on the previous page) and look around 2:07. It's there.

Maxima and Mary look wonderful!!

Look at the vid from FashionTV (the one I posted and is also on the previous page) and look around 2:07. It's there.

why is everybody looking so serious - the boys did so at the beginning and during the ceremony as well - and as it was a quite fast ceremony I dont see the reason for stephanie to "cry" - somehow it didn´t look like a happy event - at least the weddings I know were much mor fun and happiness. a pity

why is everybody looking so serious - the boys did so at the beginning and during the ceremony as well - and as it was a quite fast ceremony I dont see the reason for stephanie to "cry" - somehow it didn´t look like a happy event - at least the weddings I know were much mor fun and happiness. a pity

Everyone was moved and touched . Stephanie's tears were happy tears .

Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but is tomorrow's religious ceremony a tiara event for the foreign royals who have come, and will Charlene be wearing one herself? Also, are Victoria and Daniel there?

At the end of the day, if all he wanted was a wife and heir then why wait till he was in his 50's?. He would have had plenty of takers before that.

At the end of the day, if all he wanted was a wife and heir then why wait till he was in his 50's?. He would have had plenty of takers before that.
A very good question,I think only Albert knows the answer,I believe he had his own motives ,but now he seems happy and at ease,being married

Pauline was absolutely stunning! I didn't like at all Charlotte's hat. On this pic, it even makes her look like a beekeeping. When I first saw it, I couldn't believe it: what a look for her uncle's wedding! I prefered a lot her appearance for the concert.
Stephanie is well-known to be very sensitive. I remember when Albert became Albert II of Monaco, after the ceremony she talked to journalists: she was crying, repeating that it was very moving. I thought that it was one of the rare signs of humanity in this civil ceremony, which was fast and cold. Caroline seemed moved, too, Charlotte was hiding under her hat to avoid showing her emotions. But the boys were so serious! I would have wished more smiles.
Charlotte's look for the concert was far better. What a beauty! Can't wait to see what the girls will wear tomorrow, and what the bride will wear!!

Stephanie looked very moved, it was touching. This was a day many even in the family probably thought would never come. It also occurred to me, isn't today Stephanie's anniversary (marriage to Daniel)?

:monacoflag::monacoflag:

(...) Very unnatural look. I am skeptical this marriage will last more than 5 years. Caro(so elegant) and Steph look reserved in the pictures. I don't think the Swedish royal family made it at the wedding, didn't see any of them arriving.

When I see these pictures i have to agree too....:sad: They dont seem to be in love, but i might be wrong...

I also agree. While I'm happy somewhat for them and I love a good wedding, I don't think this will last.

Stephanie looked very moved, it was touching. This was a day many even in the family probably thought would never come. It also occurred to me, isn't today Stephanie's anniversary (marriage to Daniel)?

:monacoflag::monacoflag:

Yeah, that's true... she married Daniel 16 years ago. July 1st 1996.

Fantastic ! Charlene looks great also Maxima in white, super and that hair !!
I hope the couple will be very happy and live long together. Thanks for all the pics I have seen.The wedding in the church I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom