Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'd like to welcome all the pessimists and naysayers to just trash this wedding.

Are your lives so wretched that you either can't keep quiet or want to spoil it for us who are interested.

You folks are like thorns on a rose.
no need to be disrespectful WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE no need for that we all has something to say if you dont like it move one??? let get back on topic.
i love caroline and charlotte outfit my best so far, charlotte is a true beauty i cannot wait to see her wedding.:whistling:

I adore little Princess Alexandra,she has so much poised for a lil lady!

Congratulations to the bride and groom!

I am not being disrespectful in any way. I was on topic and truth is never out of place.

Well, I'd like to welcome all the pessimists and naysayers to just trash this wedding.

Are your lives so wretched that you either can't keep quiet or want to spoil it for us who are interested.

I agree.
Like I said: Most people still seem gaga about the British wedding.

Oh, and can I just say that all the women looked just gorgeous. Charlene, Caroline, Stephanie, Charlotte, Pauline, Alexandra. I'm jealous of their genes, truly. :sleep:

I have always thought that this was a discussion board where you can say your opinion. The weddings - and royal weddigs especially - are lovely to watch, people in love, beautiful clothes, the relatives of the married couple are happy for them. While watching at the photos, Albert´s sisters and their children look all very sad, cold and angry in most of the photos.

I give up. What I said was my opinion.

I've just notice that Camille 's earrings are Chanel.:flowers:

I just watched the whole thing and I have to say, all those people who feel this was just a cold, emotionless business deal obviously haven't seen the entire thing.

Did anyone else notice how Princess Alexandra's face lit up when she saw her uncle walking in? It was cute. Clearly the couple were both a bit nervous (wouldn't you be when it is a very official thing and everyone is watching your every move?) and reserved but I'm used to seeing people act like that. In official situations my family acts similar to the people I saw on the throne room; trying to remain composed and not to cry during emotional moments (perhaps reminiscing those who have passed and not there to witness it), some crying a bit and then the happy smiles.
Think about what Prince Rainier and Princess Grace looked like in their wedding? They both seemed very solemn and weren't exactly smiling. Is someone saying they did not love each other? Not everyone is quick to express their feelings, people are different as are the customs in different countries.

Let's just give this couple a chance. I am perhaps an old romantic but that is how I feel. Cannot wait for tomorrow! :) :D

Whew...The Princess Charlene. That has a nice ring to it. After the honeymoon, I expect her current events to be as long as my arm.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, both negative and positive.....the nastiness and the snarky comments need to stop. They will be DELETED going forward.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Stephanie is best dressed and she got emotional during the ceremony. Caroline looked like she was ready to go to a garden party, sorry to say & Charlotte looked like she was ready to walk off her yacht for dinner.

Charlene looks so much like her mother, greta to finally see her, looked very elegant.
Do we know who one of the best lady was? Was she a friend of her's and is she S.African or French?

When they say oui, the crowd cheers outside and Albert and Charlene blow eachother a kiss. That was cute.
I can't with people who thought this was cold. Princess Caroline and Stephanie will probably not agree, judging from their faces.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew...The Princess Charlene. That has a nice ring to it. After the honeymoon, I expect her current events to be as long as my arm.

LOL! I agree! I also agree that everyone has the right to "voice" their opinions about the Grimaldi family. The endless flowery, sugary comments from people buying into all this is fine - that's their opinion. But there's a flip side to all of this.

I'm happy they're happy. I thought Charlene's outfit for the civil wedding was very beautiful, and I'm curious to see what her wedding gown for tomorrow's religious ceremony looks like.

I am very disappointed with all the media I see over here- it is nothing but negative-negative-negative. Just the runaway story, more illegitimate kids and tax cheats in Monaco. Its too bad the media over the past week put such a dark cloud over what should be a very happy occassion.

Um...The French news publication which reported the runaway story is a HIGHLY credible and reputable one, as are the journalists who reported the story. I find it refreshing that certain serious media outlets are focusing on the true substance of Monaco, not the surface, glossy PR spin and rhetoric.

Louis is looking very handsome in his suit . Pauline looked beautiful wish we could see more of her dress . Stephanie has beautiful kids wish we could see them more they looked right at home on that balcony today .

A warm welcome to Madame C. Grimaldi !!

The Italian and Spanish glossies refer to Charlotte as "Carlota".
Does this mean they will refer to Charlene as "Carlena" ?? I hope not.

Not at all. Actually it's mostly the Spanish magazines that refer to Charlotte as Carlota.
Charlene's always been Charlene on Italian mags.

Um...The French news publication which reported the runaway story is a HIGHLY credible and reputable one, as are the journalists who reported the story. I find it refreshing that certain serious media outlets are focusing on the true substance of Monaco, not the surface, glossy PR spin and rhetoric.

Johnnie I am not disputing what you are saying. I understand that the French Magazine is highly credible. My point was that the negative press today is ruining my little love of royal wedding fairytailes. The most credible US Magazines (ie Time Magazine, etc) are calling this wedding a complete farce and fake- and most US media is saying the same things - today - on this day that is suppose to be a happy occassion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but its just disappointing to me personally because it has tarnished this whole wedding. I see no happy ending here.

I love happy endings. That's all I am saying. Its raining on my little parade. :sad: I wish they would stop the negativity about this couple- for one day anyways.

do u think his children will attend their father`s wedding???
his daughter jasmin and his son (don't know his name???)

Charlotte is absolutley stunning! I can't wait to see her wedding- what a show stopper. Thanks for the photos.

The danish royals arriving to a reception at the hotel Hermitage. The reception was hosted by the minister for foreign affairs.
BT
Haakon and Mette Marit
VG
Willem Alexander and Maxima
VG

Albert and Charlene at the concert:
BilletBladet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom