Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were they invited? We can see them just infront of Charlene and Albert sitting with guests and talking to them.
I don't suppose everybody had the right to be there ;)

Yes they were invited and were very happy to be there, they said that prince Albert and princess Charlene were very friendly.

I found a new video from some italian family who obviously was invited or near the couple after the civil wedding.

Casamento do Albert & Charlene Wedding Monaco July 2011 - YouTube

I find it awful that after millions and millions of dollars, her hair has fallen down right after such a brief ceremony (you can see it in this video) .. and no matter what happens in future, a day as special as this was completely marred and tainted by the entire world NOT looking at her dress and the flowers and listening to the music or seeing the wonder they'd created. I do not know one person who watched this wedding who was not thinking about the scandal and looking into the face of Charlene for a sign that it was true. There is no amount of money or repair which can change the feeling of that day as being dark and awful. It will be a life for her after waiting years for that wedding, with the shameful memory that the world was feeling shame for the couple on that day ... and nothing more or less.

~Evangeline~
:ermm:

It is your own feelings, there were the rumors made by media, but the world saw a very beautiful wedding and not a shame, what we saw it was a man and a woman who married and were dignified, with many heads of states and royal families around them, in Monaco there was never a such event with such many kings, queens,crown princes heads of states. Anglo saxon medias were jalous and invented rumors who at the end were not true. Princess Charlene was very beautiful during this two days what you could think and the video shows how the people of Monaco was so happy to be with their princes at these beautiful days

At the end on the day only PA and PC know if those rumers were true and if they were not then I don't think for a minute that it spoiled their wedding as there would have been nothing for them to worry about.

IMO It doesn't matter what other people thought about the rumors swirling around them that day, I don't think Charlene would care what people she doesn't know were thinking about rumors around her wedding. All that matters is what Charlene and Albert plus the people who were there for them thought. I hardly suspect that when she was walking down the aisle she was thinking "Hmm, I wonder what those nameless faces across the world think about these rumors about Albert?" Who the heck cares! The only important thing is what Charlene thought and still does think.

Thank you Smush for the video of the civic reception - a lovely insight to the events following the ceremony - the Brazilian gentleman obviously loves the fruit as much as the camera. I agree about the hairstyle - whoever styled it needed a reprimand

Thank you so much for posting this melina premiere- it brings back many happy memories of visiting the exhibition. I wonder what will happen to all those wonderful large canvas photos - perhaps some of them might find their way to a section of the palais visitor's tour.

I really hope so. I was there at the end of september last year and when we went to the palace visitor's tour NOTHING indicated that a wedding took place.
No photos, no gifts, no word!
And 3 months after such a big occasion for this country it was really disappointing!

I found cards with the photo of the princely couple at the balcony during the national fest on november, there are also with the photo of the wedding and the engagement photo.

I was wondering did PA invite his kids. I'm not talking about the mothers.

:previous:

That's a question we cannot answer. Neither do we know if they were invited nor if they attended.

She sure looked beautiful at her civil wedding.She has beautiful eyes and skin! And of course a beautiful smile!

She never looked better than at her civil wedding.
Perfect make up, great hair and a great outfit matching her stunning eyes!!!
Her outfit and hair at the church wedding were great too but I just love the blue outfit matching her eyes. The intention of Karl Lagerfeld did work in every way!

Back
Top Bottom