The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Courtier

I, too, have nothing but good things to say and wish on this most auspicious day!

But then again I'm a fan of the entire Grimaldi Family, always have been since the 70's, otherwise I wouldn't post here nor follow them peripherally. And this occasion I've been waiting a loooooooong time for, and now it is here I'm almost in tears, but will save them tomorrow. :)

Here's to a brand new era for the House of Grimaldi........Albert chose wisely........took his time and finally settled on a stunning blonde Nordic beauty like his late mother before him. Thank goodness! May they stay married for life just like Rainier & Grace did, and herald a new generation of little blonde beauties with looks and intelligence to match!

"CONGRATULATIONS TO THE HOUSE OF GRIMALDI, ESPECIALLY PRINCE ALBERT & PRINCESS CHARLENE!!!!"

Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post

Charlene has a stunning mother...they look almost like sisters...and her brothers are haaawwt!!

Middletons, SHMIDDLETONS! The Wittstocks are straight out of Central Casting!!

Charlotte's dress is seriously unflattering. Someone on another blog compared it to the party frock Bette Davis's lunatic character wore in the old movie "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane" and I lmao because that is exactly true!

Old 07-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Nobility

princesse caroline

Old 07-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Zone: I can appreciate your position relative to this board and your desire to maintain some degree of civility. However, the reality about this couple is that it is business deal. It's not just the opinion of those of us who so not like Charlene. The New York Times? The Today show? The other media reports? Come on ... it's really very sad.
Unless you know them personally, or have a microphone installed in their bedroom, you know nothing about them, you simply have an opinion like everyone else.

And that includes The New York Times and The Today Show-who both by the way were thirty years ago this month assuring the world that Lady Diana Spencer and Charles Prince of Wales were living out the ultimate fairy tale...I remember their coverage...I was there.

They don't know squat, and neither do we.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Courtier

Wow, we're posting at the same time and with the same thoughts, unfortunately. :(

And this from a long-time fan of the Grimaldis. Unfortunately Charlotte is not aging well due to not protecting her skin nor wearing a hat and all that horse riding has something to do with it imho.

Today she looked like a grown 30 yr. old woman trying to wear an 18 yr. old's clothes ~ from this: http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...11nov_19_6.jpg

to this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qQsYveqoX-...2222222232.jpg

I feel sorry for her, but everybody's youth eventually comes to an end. Her best days were in her teens imho. Now it's Pauline's turn to shine, as it should be.

Still, I have high hopes for Charlotte's children, the good looks will continue onto a new generation, as long as she marries someone handsome, like her mother before her. And on that score I hope she's thinking of her children and what they will have to endure when it comes to choosing a mate. Choose wisely, young Charlotte, choose wisely!

The youth belongs to the young, ahhhh, memories....

http://suchanevent.files.wordpress.c...na-wedding.jpg

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...11nov_19_6.jpg

ETA: it's a shame that, like a rose, the Grimaldi women's beauty only shines for a short time in their teens and, if lucky, into their 20s as well, and maybe their early 30s. Sad really, but like an English Rose (Princess Diana included), it eventually fades and is forgotten.... :( Such a pity, but like all things once fresh & young, it must die, eventually
Old 07-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Nadine ICAM about Charlotte and i thought i was the only one who noticed the subtle little changes in her face.

She is still the most stunningly beautiful young woman in aristocratic Europe, but 25 is too young to begin to show even small signs of age or skin damage, imo.

She lives her life full tilt like all the Grimaldi women, but a jet set lifestyle, exposure to too much sun and cigarette smoke will not preserve one's youthful good looks.

Still it's too early to call an end to Charlotte's salad days...she is still IT imo and no one can really touch her...that includes Kate and Pippa by the way!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a HOLA gallery about the evening reception and concert:

** Los invitados reales se reúnen en la primera recepción mientras los novios disfrutan del concierto de Jean-Michel Jarre **

And check out the updated galleries on page 1 of this thread, they now include the evening pics as well!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Courtier

I'm just feeling sad & nostalgic, Moonmaiden23, because I think back to not only the Grimaldi women, but Princess Diana herself. She looked the best when she first married at 20 yrs. old, then that gorgeous peaches & cream complexion continued for several more years. But she too lost her looks once she started to tan, dye her hair bright blonde, cut it short, and worked out like a man imho. So by the time her life ended at what 35/36? years old, she didn't look good at all. And if she had lived she would've ended up like an old wrinkled prune imho, like her mother, even worst off than the Grimaldi women, as fair-skinned blondes tend to age badly. The EXCEPTION, Grace Kelly! Wow, that woman had not a wrinkle when she passed away in her early 50s.

Reason: Grace always wore a hat outside, protected her skin, never had a tan in her life. Wish more young women today would learn from her example ~ cover your skin up!, cover your arms, legs, neck, et al, and DON'T lay out in the sun, always wear a hat.

Heck, even in the Victorian Days back in the 1800's and early 1900's, it was considered ugly/awful/bad for a woman to come from the fields with a tan because she was bald-headed, that is she did not wear a hat, especially down South. Alabaster porcelain complexions were considered de rigueur. They knew how to take care of their skin with creams, hats, protective clothing. I miss those days...

And, yes, Charlotte, et al, still have a few good years ahead of them. But most importantly she has a *mind*, a highly intelligent one at that, which is most important because after a woman loses her looks that's all she has left ~ her mental acuity, sharpness of mind, wit, humour, charm, character ! Thank goodness she has her mother as a role model, she can learn a lot from her. Caroline has aged gracefully and is still going strong at 54 yrs. old. Her character I have admired even moreso than her beauty, truth be told, in fact beauty is a dime a dozen, it is character that lives forever...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have nothing against Charlene, in fact I feel sympathy for her.
Some photos I wouldn´t have expected at a happy event like wedding.
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
PPE
And I´m sorry, but Charlotte seems like a very snobbish and proud young woman.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Courtier

Lol, seems you chose photos where they are deliberately not smiling. Or wherein Charlotte is squinting at the camera.

That said, the first one of Pauline is my favorite! She's at that age where females are there most beautiful imho ~ 16/17 yrs. old ~ fresh, youthful, young, straight out of the schoolroom. Here's to seeing more pics of young Pauline in the future, especially tomorrow!
Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Lol, seems you chose photos where they are deliberately not smiling.
Yes, because I can´t understand why in so many photos the relatives of Albert looked like the day was the worst in their lives. They have been in front of the camera for so long that they know the PR-work is important.

The royal guests saw the concert and fireworks from the balcony of the Hotel Hermitage, were they attended a reception.
Mette Marit left to her hotel alone before the concert was ended.
Her er Mette-Marit på vei hjem fra festen - kjendis - Dagbladet.no
Old 07-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Courtier

CONGRATULATIONS to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene, the Grimaldis and the Monegasques!

Wow I certainly wish I have some people here's ability to draw profound conclusions about the state of a person's feelings or a couple's relationship based simply on some photos and videos. I understand criticisms, as when people here criticize royals for being lazy, vain, opportunists and substantiate those criticisms with, for instance, the number of engagements they have, etc. Proof that goes beyond photos. I don't understand unsubstantiated criticisms though and especially when articulated in a mean-spiritied manner. That just does nothing except show spite, jealousy or bitterness.

And as to Charlotte with her best days behind her, she looks better with little makeup like in casual events or during her horsejumping events. I imagine she looks really young if we see her without makeup. Look at Pauline. She looks way older than her age and that's largely due to cosmetics. I suppose it is a testament to how physically beautiful a person really is when someone who looks like Charlotte did at the wedding is said to have her best days behind her!

Anyway congratulations again to the couple. I never thought I'd see the day Prince Albert gets married. He's had a colorful past but he settled down with her, call me a fool but that has to mean something still, doesn't it?

Old 07-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes, because I can´t understand why in so many photos the relatives of Albert looked like the day was the worst in their lives. They have been in front of the camera for so long that they know the PR-work is important.

I understand your thoughts on that, there were lots of shots with serious face expressions, but it is quite
understandable: several thousands of pictures were taken during the events, it is nearly impossible to look
good on each, a permanent smile is quite hard to keep and would maybe even look fake then.
I guess we'll see the same today, both bad and good shots.

Here are two galleries from Bauer Griffin via zimbio:

** Royals come together for pre-wedding concert ** Monaco royals throw a pre-wedding party **
Old 07-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
Um...The French news publication which reported the runaway story is a HIGHLY credible and reputable one, as are the journalists who reported the story. I find it refreshing that certain serious media outlets are focusing on the true substance of Monaco, not the surface, glossy PR spin and rhetoric.
Unfortunately since his ascendion to the throne Prince Albert has worked hard and successfully towards ending any money-laundering in Monaco and has been recognized by the EU for that. As for the tax "cheats" - it is very difficult in Monaco not to be found out when you take up residence there to avoid paying taxes as they regularily check energy and wanter bills and interrogate staff (who face severe punishment when helping tax cheaters) if a person really stays for 180 days a year in Monaco... So what's the "true substance" of Monaco who as part of the UN and EU actively fights for the resuce of the environment and against squandering the natural resources of the world.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Radu of Romania, who is attending the wedding alongside his wife Crown Princess Margarita, has posted photos from the festivities on his blog -
Monaco, prima zi « Romania. Altfel
Old 07-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Firstly I think that Albert is a 53 year old bachelor who never thought he'd get married and was as awkward and uncomfortable as many other grooms, royal or not. That did not stop him smiling and winking at his bride through the very short civil wedding.

charlene looked shy and a little overawed and seated as they were it was always going to look awkward, holding hands being a little difficult but her gentle smiles in return of his winks was charming. Regardless of whether this is a love match or a business one it is obvious that there is affection and warmth. Charlene's outfit was a little disappointing although the lack of a hat did allow everyone to see her face throughout the ceremony. I loved the colour of the jacket and pants suit and thought it made her eyes look amazing. She is a very attractive woman.

Caroline looked like she was attending a funeral and, in a way she was, that of Caroline, First Lady of Monaco. For such an elegant woman to turn up to her brother's wedding sporting the sort of beach hat that screams "tourist" and "sensible" tourist shoes, seems to me to be her way of showing her lack of support for her brother and his bride. Her daughter, looking petulant and bored and sported an equally inappropriate hat and dress for such a noted young international fashionista. Her brothers looked uniformly unimpressed and it was left to Alexandra, dressed in a less than flattering dress, to look genuinely happy and smile radiantly when her Uncle arrived.

Stephanie's tears were a surprise and I am hoping they were of happiness. Her dress and hair were both flattering and appropriate. Far more acceptable from a woman who is more often eclipsed by her older sister. There was no chance of that here.

I hope Albert and Charlene are happy and this marriage brings them everything they ever hoped it would.

PS. For all those who have negatively compared this ceremony to the Cambridge wedding, please remember this is just the civil marriage. If you still feel the same after the real deal today . . . . . . get over it.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Did Albert hold a speech at the concert, why are the two of them on the stage? Strange...
Boda de Alberto de Mónaco: Los invitados reales disfrutan del concierto de Jean-Michel Jarre con los novios
Yes, he said he ad his wife were thankful.
Léonard de Vinci
Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
and I am hoping they were of happiness
Why wouldn't they be?

Personally, I cant understand how people can draw such negative impressions from the footage that's been shown. It's like I watched an entirely different service.

What I witnessed was a family genuinely happy for their brother and uncle and a bride clearly in awe of the occasion.

As for talk of Caroline being unimpressed by the match and marriage, I think it's all nonsense myself.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Royal Highness

They could have chosen any musical group in the world to perform a concert especially for them on their wedding day, and they chose The Eagles???
Old 07-02-2011, 04:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
They could have chosen any musical group in the world to perform a concert especially for them on their wedding day, and they chose The Eagles???
The Eagles performed on Thursday, yesterday was the concert of Jean-Michel Jarre.