The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Did Charlotte just put a cardigan on the dress she wore for the wedding?

Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Nobility

I wish the couple a long happy married life together with one or two children added in....may they stay in love and this will get them through the difficult time, as all married couples know

Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlène was wonderfully dressed and extremely beautiful !
I just can't beleive how wrong Caroline outfit was : wrong dress and very wrong shoes and hat !
Old 07-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Commoner

Did Albert hold a speech at the concert, why are the two of them on the stage? Strange...
http://bodasreales.hola.com/principe...boda-monaco/1/
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maxima, Mary, and Marie all looked beautiful.
But Mette-Marit's dress accentuated her hips and wasn't flattering.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Why strange? They both spoke briefly welcoming everyone and thanking Jarre.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyKate View Post
Did Charlotte just put a cardigan on the dress she wore for the wedding?
Yeah, it looks like it. I like it much better with the cardigan and without the hat. Love her hair.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Did Albert hold a speech at the concert, why are the two of them on the stage? Strange...
Boda de Alberto de Mónaco: Los invitados reales disfrutan del concierto de Jean-Michel Jarre con los novios
Yes, just to thank all the people of Monaco and around the world for supporting them, wishing them well and for all the good wishes. Very nice.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Nobility

I thought the civil ceremony was very beautiful. They both look very happy but perhaps a bit nervous. To all the Debbie Downers who think they don't look "in love", try to recall Ranier and Grace's weddings. For both occasions they looked very uncomfortable and unhappy. They probably wanted something in a private in a little chapel. But being Sovereign that wasn't possible. Albert and Charlene would probaly be more comfortable in private too.
On to fasion: I loved Charlenes suit except for the lacy part of the sleeve hanging out of the jacket. Caroline's dress was beautiful- style and color;hat was a disaster.
Steph's dress was very nice style but I wasn't crazy about the color. Her crying at the ceremony was very endearing. She always seemed very close to Albert. The kids looked very nice axcept for Charlotte's hat. (Maybe I just don't like hats). Also, I was so happy to see Albert's cousin Chris LeVine as his Best Man/Witness.

Wishing the Royal couple the very best.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Courtier

Zone: I can appreciate your position relative to this board and your desire to maintain some degree of civility. However, the reality about this couple is that it is business deal. It's not just the opinion of those of us who so not like Charlene. The New York Times? The Today show? The other media reports? Come on ... it's really very sad.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Royal Highness

Seriously no one in the family looked very happy at this wedding , aside from the bride.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Serene Highness

Wow, finally they did it -- congratulations to the couple .

* Charlene looks phantastic, wonderful with this light blue. Extremly elegant combination and a serene face impression.
* Stephanie made me smile, wonderful dress and crying. Looking perfect.
* Caroline made me upset with this hat (seeking for attention at her brothers wedding? like "But I am still here"?) and the most horrible shoes.

In general the dresscode is a little bit weird, long dresses & short dresses, hats & no hats, afternoon dresses and evening dresses... but ok....

Foreign Royals all looking great, especially Maxima. Not sure about Mette Marits dress.... looking a bit like a milkmaid.

Can´t wait for tomorrow.
Bye Bine
Old 07-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Zone: I can appreciate your position relative to this board and your desire to maintain some degree of civility. However, the reality about this couple is that it is business deal. It's not just the opinion of those of us who so not like Charlene. The New York Times? The Today show? The other media reports? Come on ... it's really very sad.
If it was a business deal why would Albert marry Charlene? If it was a business deal why wouldn't he pick another royal? Like Duchess Helene of Bavaria or another eligible European Princess? Or why not someone famous or rich? This is obviously for love, because if it was a "business deal" He wouldn't pick Charlene.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Administrator

Frankly I don't care if this is the love match or the biggest business deal of the century. There is no reason that people can't express their positive or negative opinions in a civil manner. Making disparaging remarks about the bride, the groom and/or the wedding guests are not acceptable.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Nobility

For 'no one in the family looking happy' I've seen a ton of pictures today full of smiling faces. At the ceremony, of course, you could see some effort to not be bubbling over, it is a serious sort of moment, but as soon as they were out on the balcony the couple, the sisters, the kids -everybody was all smiles that I saw.

As for what the "reality" is; the "reality" is that unless you know the couple very personally you have no idea if they have an motivations other than romance for getting married. Albert was under no pressure to and Charlene didn't have to say "oui". Given that, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, take them at the word and, dare I say it, just look at how they appear together and from where I sit they seem like two people who are great friends who decided to marry.

I will never understand the instant negativity some people feel towards others who never did them the slightest harm.
The people have long wanted to have a 'family' back in the palace and naturally want their Prince to be happy. If they are, I am.

Vive l'Prince! Vive l'Princesse!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

Did I see right, that Ernst August did not join the civil ceremony? Strange but also not completely surprising maybe.... so he also will not join the religious wedding?
Bye Bine
Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Did I see right, that Ernst August did not join the civil ceremony? Strange but also not completely surprising maybe.... so he also will not join the religious wedding?
Bye Bine
Are you surprised that Ernst August is not in attendance? I am not.

Frankly, I don't believe the couple (Ernst and Caroline) have been seen in public together for months. If they were going to do it, it wasn't going to be today where their attendance might overshadow the bridal couple.

I am surprised that Ernst August Jr. and Christian weren't in attendance. It thought they were fairly close to Albert.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I thought they both looked very happy. Reserved, but happy. Caroline and Stephanie were both emotional, as they are his sisters and probably better judges, I think that speaks volume.
I agree...Stephanie does NOT hide her emotions ever, she wears them on her sleeve and always has.

ICAM with NGalitzine...if this is a farce they should all head back to Hollywood where it all started...
Old 07-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Even though the media report this as a business deal, I always have to ask if Albert and Charlene told someone that. If not where is the proof. I would never expect Albert to act like a giggly young man, he is 53. Charlene knows about his children and must have a good reason for marrying him. Personally, I will just accept it at face value and see how things progress. Like any marriage when one person is very weathy, the pre-nup is just an accepted practice. Even if it is a business deal, I hope they live a long and happy life.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought everyone looked great today! All I can say is: best wishes to the Grimaldi's! May they all blessed with happy, healthy lives! Hip - hip hooray to Albert & Charlene!