Prince Albert II of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock: Civil Wedding - July 1, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is Charlene styled as Charlene, HSH, Princess of Monaco?
Grace wasn't styled this way or did Rainier make Grace a princess in her own right or was it just how the press styled her as they did with Diana

I do believe that upon her marriage, Charlene became a princess in her own right, as did Grace. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

She is styled Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco.

In French: Son Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse Charlène de Monaco.

Hello,
My summer holidays are finished, fine time with sun and baths on the strand of the South of France, of course, I was in Monaco for the concert of J ean Michel Jarre and I was among the people at the Sainte Devote church to applause the brides, I made many photos;
I visited the two shows' one about the courts of Europa, it is very interessing and the one about the princely wedding, there are many people which visit it. people which are of europa, english, french of course, german, people of the eastcountry . The most visited are the car, the wonderfull tiara and the dress of the Princesscharlene, there are photos which are not published and which are the official photos taken after the civil wedding and the religious wedding in the palace

Welcome back, melina premiere! Great to hear that you've had such a good time and the chance to attend
that many events and exhibitions - must have been really exciting. What other unpublished pics have you
been able to see?
When Albert and Charlene have visited the wedding exhibitions there was one photo in the hallway where
the couple posed with their witness and best man after the civil wedding - any more interesting family/friends
pics? And has there been a accompanying book for the wedding exhibition?

there are two big photos of the bride taken in the salon of the Glace, after the religious wedding. I think one will be the official photoof the princes of Monaco, there are of course those taken at the palace after the civil wedding'the couple alone and with the witness,(I never saw these photos in the media) and many during the gala with all the princes and princesses.There will be soon a book about the exposition next month. Of course, there is a small book which said where we could watch the dresses, the sets which decorated the tables and so, for me, the tiara was the most beautiful thing I never saw. ( I never saw tiaras in my life,a part on the newspapers, it is the first time, I saw one.) I think the tiaras of the english or europeens princess are also very beautiful.For my granddaughters it was a wonderfull exposition.and a fine moment to watch this.

I like the first photo, the couple was more relaxed after the civil wedding than at the moment of the religious wedding. I watched the interview of the couple on the channel on euronews, it was just before the beginning of the concert of Jean Micel Jarre, they were very happy

When Albert and Charlene have visited the wedding exhibitions there was one photo in the hallway where
the couple posed with their witness and best man after the civil wedding - any more interesting family/friends
pics? And has there been a accompanying book for the wedding exhibition?
There were no books or even a single postcard:sad: I'm hopeful these may follow. In Monaco I couldn't see any postcards of the couple yet which really surprises me as most souvenir shops in Monaco have been selling postcards of members of the Royal Family for years & the one of Albert is a little outdated! There are quite a few nice souvenir magazines from the wedding in the newsagents, but I am hoping there will be an official book.
I took quite a few photos of the photos at the exhibition( if you get my meaning) & pics of the wedding gown & tiara, I will post them shortly once I have got round to uploading them from my camera.

Thanks a lot for the additional information, melina premiere! And yours as well, Elly C,
I'm sure your photos will be appreciated!

What I also missed - as we aren't able to see all agencies' pics - were more pics from
the reception after the civil wedding. Just like these I've found:

Stephanie, Louis, Pauline, Elisabeth-Anne and Mélanie sitting together/ Stephanie
with Caroline in the background.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love these informal photos - thank you for posting Iceflower. I agree about the limited number of photos of the reception. There are none in the exhibition that I can recall, but in the Grimaldi centre there is a slide show with some pics which I hadn't seen published anywhere & I seem to remember there were a couple of the reception.

Here are some of the pics we've hoped to see, taken after the civil wedding at the Palace!
Luckily I've remembered that site and found them while browsing through the great gallery:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** gallery **

Thank you for these wonderful pics. I like the last one (Nr. 7) :D

I prefer the number one with the photo of Princess Grace above them, I like also the n 7

Thank you Iceflower - the outfit Charlene wore at the Civic Ceremony has grown on me - I too love the one with the Grace portrait- you don't often see photos of this picture

Thanks for these wonderful pictures. I love the ones that feature that very rarely (if at all) photographed room of the palace -- and it was my first time to see that beautiful portrait of Princess Grace (I wish it was mounted on a better frame though). There will always be a dominating reminder of Princess Grace in Princess Charlene's new environment, and I hope she gets all the support she requires.

I found a video of Princess Caroline after the wedding of Albert and Charlene but I'm not fluent at french so can someone understand what she says?

‪Exclusive! Princess Caroline of Monaco after Albert's Wedding.. COOLNEWS.TV‬‏ - YouTube

I read french much better than I hear/understand it, and I'm not sure about the first part. I think the woman Caro is talking to finishes with something lik "comme meme"? Maybe? Native French speakers may be able to help with that. But then the lady says "Thanks very much, princess" and Caro replies "Thank you and have a good day. Good night."

I can only hear the end of the talk, it is exactkly what you understood, I hear also meme but meme means ' grandmother, We used to call our grandmother in the years 50 or 60 meme, a not very beautiful name now my grandchildren called me mamy but I hoped there was not the case during this very special event.

I don't think they are Italian but Brazilian. Aren't they speaking portuguese?
Nice find, funny how the man is enjoying the fruit :)

Last edited:
I don't think they are Italian but Brazilian. Aren't they speaking portuguese?
Nice find, funny how the man is enjoying the fruit :)

You are correct cdm, they are speaking portuguese from Brazil.

This is a video made from a brazilian about the brasilian people (3 only) who lives and got the Monegasc nationality at the Royal Wedding. And they are talking about their personal feelings, observations, etc of the wedding and Monaco.

Were they invited? We can see them just infront of Charlene and Albert sitting with guests and talking to them.
I don't suppose everybody had the right to be there ;)

Do we know if an official wedding DVD is going to be released? I would love to buy it.

only the native people of monaco or the persons who had the monegash nationality , had the right to attend to the civil wedding on the place and was invited at the cocktail after the wedding.
There was after at an hotel in Monaco, a cocktail for the residents of monaco( the inhabitants of Monaco but who are not monegash.
The native people of Monaco could attend the religious wedding on the place of palace.

Thanks melina premiere for the info.
I guess we both would have loved to be monegas for this event ;)

Back
Top Bottom